“cosy & warm”
Review of Hotel de Geneve

Hotel de Geneve
Ranked #62 of 106 Hotels in Geneva
Reviewed September 8, 2011

great location, warm staff. small but cozy & clean. Love it!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Hotel de Geneve

Reviewed August 1, 2011

I only came to Geneva for 2 night and had a hard time deciding where to stay. I was so worried we wont be able to find any parking or that the hotel will be miles away form the center..
I did not regret my choice, this place is cute, friendly, and even f you can't secure your parking, we haven't had a problem to park once. there are 4 parking spaces right in front of the hotel which always had space for our car, or another 6parking spaces only 15 metres away.. so if you worry about where to park.. dont :) Rooms were clean, cozy, simple but thats all we needed.
An older gentleman at the reception was really frienldy and helpful to us - think his name was Werner...
I would easily come back, im not a fussy traveler, I look for afordable yet nce and clean places to stay and this was definitely one of them.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 6, 2011

Staff very friendly and helpful. Spotlessly clean. Room at back of hotel meant it was quiet. Standard expected of a 2*. Liked the complimentary tea/coffee in reception. Simple breakfast: fresh bread and jams, cereal, cheese, ham, fruit bowl, make your own toast, good coffee. As a lone, female traveller felt secure. Few minutes walk from station. Free internet access in reception.

Room Tip: Ask for quiet room.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Woofie1
Reviewed June 20, 2011

It was a rather good hotel with all necessary facilities. Everything was clean and cozy. It took only 5-10 minuts to get to the centre. The breakfast also was nice . And for sure, it was a great value for money, because Geneve is rather expencive. We liked staying there.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 7, 2011

Hotel de Geneve is situated just away from the main commercial areas of Geneva and is only a 5 minute walk to the main transport hub, shops, post office or lake,
The rooms are warm and the beds comfortable and a nice continental breakfast is served each morning
There is a computer in the lobby for the use of guests and wireless Internet ias available for a small fee in the rooms
There are some good cafes nearby as well
I can suggest that this hotel is a good home away from home for the traveller on a budget who wants a bit of comfort

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Tassun
Reviewed January 23, 2011

Geneva is, as we all know, an expensive place to visit. So, though hardly cheap, the Hotel de Genève is a good value 'budget' stay.

It's in a pleasant part of town, an easy five-ten minutes' walk on the main road down along from the railway station. The reception / breakfast area is done out in a jolly faux-chalet style. The staff are informal but efficient. My room would win no prizes for décor, but was quiet, clean and comfortable. That'll do for me.

Gripes: they took payment in advance (some travellers won't like that); the wi-fi isn't free; and the breakfast is fairy rudimentary.

There is an adequate pizzeria next door and a couple of more interesting bar/cafés round the corner.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank trainsifpossible
Reviewed October 8, 2010

I stayed in this hotelf for 15 minutes only. After a long trip from Saudi Arabia to Switzerland, I was looking forward to stay in this simple, swiss style hotel in Geneva for only one night before continuing my trip to Interlaken. Soon after our arrival, we were shocked when the receptionist told us that our booking was not there and the hotel is already fully booked. Although I had my reservation voucher in my hands and completly sure that when i made the booking through booking.com "a trusted site" it ment that such situations are not expected at all. I know for a fact that this hotels sold my room for a better rate. The rceptionist directed us to a very cheap hotel that even prostitutes may not accept to stay in. My family and I had to walk from a street to another and from a fully booked hotel to another looking for a place to rest (note that we are carrying our lauggage as well) until we finally found a good one after 3 and half hours with a rate that is twice over the internet's !! :(
Be carefull from this hotels as it could sell you in no time.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family