“Nice, clean, affordable”
Review of Hotel de Geneve

Hotel de Geneve
Ranked #62 of 106 Hotels in Geneva
Reviewed June 20, 2011

It was a rather good hotel with all necessary facilities. Everything was clean and cozy. It took only 5-10 minuts to get to the centre. The breakfast also was nice . And for sure, it was a great value for money, because Geneve is rather expencive. We liked staying there.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Hotel de Geneve

Reviewed March 7, 2011

Hotel de Geneve is situated just away from the main commercial areas of Geneva and is only a 5 minute walk to the main transport hub, shops, post office or lake,
The rooms are warm and the beds comfortable and a nice continental breakfast is served each morning
There is a computer in the lobby for the use of guests and wireless Internet ias available for a small fee in the rooms
There are some good cafes nearby as well
I can suggest that this hotel is a good home away from home for the traveller on a budget who wants a bit of comfort

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Tassun
Reviewed January 23, 2011

Geneva is, as we all know, an expensive place to visit. So, though hardly cheap, the Hotel de Genève is a good value 'budget' stay.

It's in a pleasant part of town, an easy five-ten minutes' walk on the main road down along from the railway station. The reception / breakfast area is done out in a jolly faux-chalet style. The staff are informal but efficient. My room would win no prizes for décor, but was quiet, clean and comfortable. That'll do for me.

Gripes: they took payment in advance (some travellers won't like that); the wi-fi isn't free; and the breakfast is fairy rudimentary.

There is an adequate pizzeria next door and a couple of more interesting bar/cafés round the corner.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank trainsifpossible
Reviewed October 8, 2010

I stayed in this hotelf for 15 minutes only. After a long trip from Saudi Arabia to Switzerland, I was looking forward to stay in this simple, swiss style hotel in Geneva for only one night before continuing my trip to Interlaken. Soon after our arrival, we were shocked when the receptionist told us that our booking was not there and the hotel is already fully booked. Although I had my reservation voucher in my hands and completly sure that when i made the booking through booking.com "a trusted site" it ment that such situations are not expected at all. I know for a fact that this hotels sold my room for a better rate. The rceptionist directed us to a very cheap hotel that even prostitutes may not accept to stay in. My family and I had to walk from a street to another and from a fully booked hotel to another looking for a place to rest (note that we are carrying our lauggage as well) until we finally found a good one after 3 and half hours with a rate that is twice over the internet's !! :(
Be carefull from this hotels as it could sell you in no time.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
4  Thank Mohammed_Omar
Reviewed October 7, 2010

For the price it was very good for value. I was.extremely sceptical about staying in a 2 star hotel, but thry did themselves proud. There were a few.annoyances namely the fact the only way to get to the rooms were by one lift. Another being the breakfast which was not very nice to be honest. One computer was available for guest use, of which the queue you could only imagine. The bathrooms were generally small and very much like the bathrooms in camper vans, however my room had a 'real' bathroom. The walls were very thin so you could best quite a bit. Other than that the staff were amazing and through nights sleep was blissfulm! Oh yea and the coffee was rancid. Overall the ends justified the means and I would return

• Stayed: September 2010
1  Thank greentoxic
Reviewed September 29, 2010

I went with a large group to Geneva to see the UN building and to visit CERN. The hotel was 5-10 minutes walk from the tram and train station, but a little further from the city centre. So the location is not the best, however, that also meant that there are not a lot of traffic to wake you up at night.

The hotel was however very clean, you can sit on the floor and not get your bottom dirty. The bathroom and beds were clean, no odours. The "bathroom" was a little cramped, it is a standing shower, with a sink, and toilet cramped into less than 4 meters squared of space, and it gets very wet after every shower. I also has a sign on the door advising you not to open the bathroom door straight after showering, as it can trigger the fire alarm. The doors are wooden and so any noise made in the corridor or sitting area can get through into your room, so I'd advise ear plugs if you want a real good night sleep.

The hotel staff were very friendly, one of them even sat down with us and we got to know each other a little, that was entertaining and a little informative. The staff were also very willing to help you without delay, I had to borrow a hairdryer since I lost my adapter, and the guy put down what he had to do and went out of his way to get me one. Another time I locked the door and didn't get the key, and the woman at the desk went and opened my door immediately.

The breakfast I did not like at all I have to be honest, just ham, toast, red-coloured egg (which I DID like), juices and cereal. I would have liked the option at least to have something hot. The choice was very limited and the quality is not the best neither.

The price of the room is about £100 a night, but Geneva is a very expensive place anyhow.

• Stayed: September 2010
Reviewed July 15, 2010

I found paying SF188 for a room with a portable toilet or motor home type bathroom spendy. Geneva is an expensive place but for that kind of money I want a real bathroom. We had to move rooms because the bathroom started to reek of sewage. The manager said that it must have been because the weather was hot. It was a totally disgusting smell. The staff were great but I would not recommend this place if you care about having a decent bathroom.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family