“another great lunch at Le Consulat”
Review of Le Consulat - CLOSED

Le Consulat
Fontana, Wisconsin
“another great lunch at Le Consulat”
Reviewed June 23, 2014

I recently had another great lunch at Le Consulat. Sadly I am moving away from Geneva. When a friend suggested getting together for lunch to say goodbye, I suggested we meet at le Consulat. My plat du jour was amazing - a succulent beef steak of some sort with a potato mash and small vegetable. I had the suggested paired glass of wine to go with the dish. We sat outside at a tiny table and looked out onto the old town. I just love this place and will miss it when I move back to Chicago. The service is always friendly , the restaurant a great value for Geneva. Maybe I can squeeze in one more meal before my ship sails....

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank kklarsen

• Hebrew first
Fontana, Wisconsin
“I am becoming a regular!- get the plat du jour”
Reviewed November 21, 2013

I ate lunch here today and have been here several other times. At lunchtime, get the plat du jour - only 19.95 chf - just over $20 us. But don't come for the price - the food is amazing cuisine from the Basque region. there are only a handful of tables so make a reservation, it is usually filled with locals on their lunch hour. The owner will suggest a glass of wine to complement your meal - about 5 chf. Today, the meal started with a puree of pumpkin soup with delicious bread, followed by pork (braised?)in a rich dark sauce that was incredibly tender + a turnip purree in the cutest preserves jar. on another occasion, I had a fish in a white wine sauce. incredibly fresh and delicious. I came once in the evening - I think they only have appetisers because I had a platter of dried meats and cheeses from the basque region and some great wines by the glass. I live here in Geneva and nothing is cheap. not a lot of restaurants are very good but this place truly is a great value, in an amazing old town location with amazing food.

• Visited November 2013