“How did this restaurant make it to the top of Tripadvisor?”

Panda Express Geneva
Ranked #144 of 1,816 Restaurants in Geneva
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed June 14, 2014

I was curious how this tiny chinese restaurant got to the top of tripadvisor. So I had dinner there last night to find out. I was impressed with the friendly and efficient service, good food and resonable price.

The prawn dumplings for entree was delicious, tastes home made. The fried noodles with beef was good. The noodles were thin and cooked well i.e not soggy. The beef was a bit tough and chewy. The main dish sweet and sour pork was delicious. I always order this dish as a baseline to evaluate any new chinese restaurant which I haven't tried before. It was well made. The pork was crispy and the sauce was perfect.

I would definitely go back.

2  Thank hfng

Reviewed June 14, 2014

It was a wonderful experience in Panda Express Geneva. the most yumming hotpot in Switzerland , even Europe!!! Elegant atmosphere and warmly welcomed by the owners. you will enjoy the meal definitely . Yes ,I will come back for sure.

1  Thank xiaopi z
Reviewed June 4, 2014

After traveling for two weeks in Switzerland, we found this restaurant through Tripadvisor and decided to give it a try. We chose the Chinese hotpot. Food was fresh and the flavour was most authentic. Service was excellent and we were even provided with spicy sauce that we greatly missed and chrysanthemum tea after the meal. At this price point, it's value for money and definitely worth a try!

3  Thank Grouchy R
Reviewed June 3, 2014

Growing up in Taipei, Taiwan, I know what good Chinese food is, and this is good. It's not perfect, but definitely the best value in town. If I could, I'd give it a 4.5, rather than the perfect 5. Since I can't, I decided to round it up, anyways.

My husband and I went there hoping to get the hotpot but were told that pre-order is required for having hotpot (a note to self). So we ended up just order from the menu, and the food is quite satisfactory. We ordered three dishes, salt-ant-pepper shrimps, stir-fried Udon with beef and mapo tofu. To us, the shrimps dish is the winner! It's so authentic that it tastes just like what I'd get back in Taipei. The Udon is also very delicious. The only thing I didn't like as much is the mapo tofu which, unfortunately, did not live up to my expectation, though not bad. The seafood tofu that we passed on actually looked a lot better than mapo tofu. I will definitely give it a try next time.

All in all, it was a really pleasant experience to dine there. The food was good, very authentic and the services was really friendly. Price is also slightly cheaper than elsewhere. I highly recommend this restaurant and will go back to try the hotpot for sure!

2  Thank SunnyKuo
Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

I live very close to Panda Express and my wife and I love this little place as we are both Chinese. We ate there at least once a week, and it's fantastic with both the buffet all-you-can-eat at lunch and the regular menu. Highly recomended!