“Most authentic Chinese food we had in Switzerland”

Panda Express Geneva
Ranked #146 of 1,810 Restaurants in Geneva
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed June 4, 2014

After traveling for two weeks in Switzerland, we found this restaurant through Tripadvisor and decided to give it a try. We chose the Chinese hotpot. Food was fresh and the flavour was most authentic. Service was excellent and we were even provided with spicy sauce that we greatly missed and chrysanthemum tea after the meal. At this price point, it's value for money and definitely worth a try!

3  Thank Grouchy R

Reviewed June 3, 2014

Growing up in Taipei, Taiwan, I know what good Chinese food is, and this is good. It's not perfect, but definitely the best value in town. If I could, I'd give it a 4.5, rather than the perfect 5. Since I can't, I decided to round it up, anyways.

My husband and I went there hoping to get the hotpot but were told that pre-order is required for having hotpot (a note to self). So we ended up just order from the menu, and the food is quite satisfactory. We ordered three dishes, salt-ant-pepper shrimps, stir-fried Udon with beef and mapo tofu. To us, the shrimps dish is the winner! It's so authentic that it tastes just like what I'd get back in Taipei. The Udon is also very delicious. The only thing I didn't like as much is the mapo tofu which, unfortunately, did not live up to my expectation, though not bad. The seafood tofu that we passed on actually looked a lot better than mapo tofu. I will definitely give it a try next time.

All in all, it was a really pleasant experience to dine there. The food was good, very authentic and the services was really friendly. Price is also slightly cheaper than elsewhere. I highly recommend this restaurant and will go back to try the hotpot for sure!

2  Thank SunnyKuo
Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

I live very close to Panda Express and my wife and I love this little place as we are both Chinese. We ate there at least once a week, and it's fantastic with both the buffet all-you-can-eat at lunch and the regular menu. Highly recomended!

Reviewed May 31, 2014

An absolutely fabulous restaurant. A well-deserved No. 1 spot, knocking the Bayview off its perch. Delicious food, friendly service, tasteful decor, and reasonable prices, what more could one ask for?

We went in May 2014 and had roasted duck and seafood pot for mains, both of which were very tasty. A heater that keeps the dishes warm is used, a nice gesture that places Panda Express a cut above its competition.

One secret to the success of Panda Express is that the young waiter is in fact the host, and he is keen to have a chat with his guests, attending to all their needs and ensuring that they have a wonderful meal experience.

The Bayview at Hotel President Wilson, the previous no. 1 restaurant, may have pleasant lake views and top-notch chic decor, but it is outrageously - 4 times more - expensive. Unless you can get the state or the company to pay for your meals, the Bayview is not likely somewhere you would have a meal at more than once or twice a year, if that.

We highly recommend Panda Express to anyone looking for a great restaurant in Geneva.

3  Thank Top_Reviewer_2014
Reviewed May 17, 2014

An informal restaurant with really excellent food and service. We ordered set menus (one beef one chicken) which were great - everything very tasty and well prepared. Best spring rolls I have ever tasted and the Thai curry was fabulous. No MSG in evidence which is excellent. Our waiter provided an excellent wine suggestion and was very attentive throughout the meal. Very good value for Geneva too. Highly recommended!

1  Thank empresscatherine