“Solo Traveler in search of Pho!”
Review of Cho Lon

Cho Lon
Ranked #322 of 1,881 Restaurants in Geneva
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed December 30, 2016 via mobile

I have been in Europe for over a year and haven't found a pho place that has grabbed my attention. Cho Lon is by far the best pho place I have tried in Europe. I have only tried places in Paris and Prague.

The meat and broth were good. The noodles weren't as thick as Paris and Prague (a plus for me). I wish they had more meat and condiments. Tripe, meatballs, Siracha, sliced onions, sauté, etc. would've made it a lot better for me.

The service was well. I was alone and it is an Asian restaurant. Asian restaurants in the US (at least San Diego) do not have the best attentive service, so I didn't expect too much. They did take care of my order, asked mid meal if I was okay and grabbed my check in a timely matter. Food came out a little too fast. I had my beer for about 2 mins and then my pho came out. Could've probably waited, but what the hell.

Location is a bit tricky. I stayed at the hotel down the street and there were a few suspect-able people along the way, but imma thug from the streets. So they would've had to shoot me to scare me. No seriously though, just walk along and mind your business and you will be fine.

Reviewed December 2, 2016

This restaurant was one of our very favorite places in Geneva. We have in the past brought friends to the restaurant who formerly lived in Vietnam or Cambodia, and they agreed the dishes could be compared to some of the better meals they had there.

For various reasons, we had not managed to get there for several months and discovered last night that the restaurant has changed chefs and probably ownership or management. Dishes we used to look forward to ordering still have the same name but do not compare at all in quality. The ingredients (even the type of fish used in recipes) have changed; portions are smaller. Yet there has been a price hike of at least 20%. The wait staff, who were formerly delightful and welcoming, also have changed.

Reviewed September 4, 2016 via mobile

This is a Vietnamese restaurant, so have the typical Vietnamese dishes!
Phô is great, and so is the spicy version of it ("Imperial").
It's not a fancy place, but very good and solid for the typical dishes.

Reviewed August 25, 2016 via mobile

The pho was okay. San Francisco and Geneva have very comparable prices for food so I was shocked to see a bowl of noodle soup priced at $26! In SF prices range from $9-15. It's broth with noodles and meat!

The flavor of the broth was okay but nothing to write home about, (didn't taste like 24 hr beef stock w/ tons of spices) noodles were a little thick, beef was great and tender! Liked the use of lemongrass for toppings but there was too much in the pho, it overpowered the lackluster broth.

We had pho 2x in Geneva and this was better than the 'Zhang whatever' Chinese place but I read of another spot on Yelp that sounded great. Too bad we didn't go there instead.

Reviewed June 14, 2016

Came here for dinner and had the prawns. It was absolutely delicious and I would come back just for this. The restaurant itself had a nice welcoming feel as you enter and the decor was lovely Vietnamese style - simple and not over the top. We were early for dinner and were the first ones there, but later the restaurant did get quite full with people despite it being a weeknight. It seemed like a popular restaurant with some customers coming in to order food to go. Service was good and attentive. Price-wise was normal for Geneva standards.

1  Thank dunmetiel