“Good service, average food”

La Veranda Restaurant
Reserve with
La Veranda Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #331 of 1,701 Restaurants in Geneva
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Drammen
“Good service, average food”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Stopped by one evening for a bite to eat with four of my colleagues.

The service was good; no confusion with any order, and an alert waiter even overheard us mentioning pizza while looking at the menus, and was quick to alert us that they had no pizza that evening. The staff were well-dressed and seemed competent.

My colleagues were happier with their food than I was (they had pumpkin soup, salmon pasta and prawns, I had pheasant and vegetarian lasagna). Since I have to focus on my own experience, I can say that I was certainly not expecting the pheasant to come out of a tin. Two slices of spam, basically. The taste was OK, though, but the overall dish (which was a starter) a bit of a letdown, despite the quite nice chutney which accompanied it. I then had the vegetarian lasagna, and the cheese used was quite excellent. The vegetables were firm and not overdone, all in all a nice dish. I just wished it had been spicier, and felt that if they had had a meat option (the vege. was the only lasagna they had), it would have been better. After eating about 80% of it, the taste became a bit dull. One of my colleagues also had this dish and found it tasted quite nice - I think you should avoid it if you like meaty dishes and go for it if you're into vegetarian foods. We did not have time for dessert, but the ice cream menu looked very tempting.

The locale was quiet and not too crowded; the restaurant neither being very large nor very open. It was easily found, located around the corner from a typical main street.

• Visited October 2013