“Good South Vietnamese Cuisine”
Review of Indochine - CLOSED

Indochine
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 1, 2013

The only thing Indochine about his place is a selection of South Vietnamese dishes on the menu. The have a Vietnamese lady-chef and the food is not as "tangy" as the North Vietnamese standard. Decor Kitsch, staff polite but not knowledgeable about the menu, and prices so-so. Worth a try, repeat if you fancy it!

There are newer reviews for Indochine

Reviewed April 30, 2013

I eat at this restaurant regularly as it's around the corner from my place. Along with Little India, it's one of the better restaurants in this part of Geneva, where most of the eateries are pretty bland. The food is quite good at Indochine -- the menu is huge and includes a wide variety of Asian dishes, Thai, Chinese and Japanese -- and the staff are helpful.
It has wonderfully fake Japanese/Asian decor and, if it weren't French-speaking, you might be able to imagine you were in Asia. However, for a middle-range restaurant, it aint cheap. On my latest visit, I had sweet and sour fried fish, and that cost about 35 francs. Plus wine, and I think rice was also extra.
A lot of foreigners, in Geneva for meetings and staying at hotels along the Rue de Lausanne and nearby, eat in this restaurant.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

I ate here in April 2013. I ordered a beef and vegetables dish. The beef tasted so bad that I chose not to eat it, eating only the vegetables. Very disappointing, especially at the price -- expensive enough that the restaurant could buy good quality beef.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

This place has been redecorated and renamed in recent years, but stuff (at least the waiters) remain the same. It looks nice enough but the food does not live up to standards. We went with a group of 16 people, waited almost 2 hours until everyone was served. They mixed up a bunch of orders, and some of the food had nothing to do with what we have asked for. My supposedly spicy Satay chicken has never seen any peanut sauce, but was a stir-fried chicken with pineapple peaces... Not spicy at all, terribly bland and mild. The rest of the group had similar impressions. They indeed have a huge menu but some of the food items are repeated several times if you look carefully. Reasonably priced for Geneva standards but not a restaurant I would recommend anyone or indeed where I would return again.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

you could walk past this restaurant without noticing it, but that would be a mistake. As soon as you open the door, the decor is quite striking with large cherry-blossom trees (fake but beautiful all the same).

the choice is very large, ranging from Vietnamese, Thai Chinese and Japanese food. We focused on the Vietnamese food which was really excellent: summer rolls, rice powder pancakes with shrimps, the Gyoza dumplings were the only Japanese touch to our lunch. They also do sushi and sashimi.

Having lived a number of years in Singapore, we know our Asian food and this place really impressed me as offering food that is the closest to what we were used to eating in Asia.