“Where the Lebanese go when they want to go Lebanese!”
Review of Chez Sami

Chez Sami
Reserve with
Save up to 50% when you reserve online *
Chez Sami is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #161 of 1,705 Restaurants in Geneva
Cuisines: Barbecue, Lebanese
Dining options: Reservations
Description: En plein centre de Geneve, le restaurant CHEZ SAMI vous accueille pour vous faire decouvrir le meilleur de la gastronomie libanaise: Hommos, Falafel, Mezzes, Grillades, accompagne de grands vins de la vallee de la Bekaa. Le restaurant vous seduira pour ses prix accessibles : le menu du midi a partir de CHF 20 et la carte a partir de CHF 25. Pour finir, les vegetariens trouveront leur bonheur grace au menu concu expres pour leurs exigences. N'attendez plus, et profitez d'un decollage immediat pour le pays des cedres!
“Where the Lebanese go when they want to go Lebanese!”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

A handful Lebanese restaurants in Geneva, many are fine, and some quite good; however one is exceptionally authentic and exquisite: Chez Sami.

It is where we, the Lebanese, go when we crave our local cuisine.

Whenever there, and whatever you choose to try, make sure their signature "Fattoush", and the home-made-quality Hommos is on the table. A rich menu, and a splendid selection of Lebanese wines are two qualities to be highlighted. Shishas on the terrace (in the Terrace season of course) is another plus.

I used to be annoyed by the lack of parking spaces around, until I found out about the Migros parking just behind the building.

Totally recommend it.

Visited May 2013

Geneva, Switzerland
“Good food and thankfully some "characterless" decor”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Don't let the dodgy Paquis neighbourhood discourage you- its definitely worth the trip there. Unlike the outside and the competing Lebanese restaurants in the area- its surprisingly clean, quite modern looking and aesthetically put together (almost). The food is extremely good and warrants another visit. The chicken kebabs are excellent- both well marinated and succulent. The starters are pretty good too and give my favourite Lebanese restaurant in Geneva (Arabesque) a run for its money. They could do with some help on the service front- but the gentlemen serving us was helpful and polite which already puts the service leagues above the standard Geneva fare.

• Visited April 2013
New York City, New York
“Good food but terrible service”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

This is the second time I visit Chez Sami for lunch and I was very disappointed with the service. I had purposely chosen this restaurant over another one because the website states lunch is served until 2:30pm. I had made a 1:30 reservation and arrived less than 10 minutes late. The waiter was extremely rude to me saying he couldn't find the reservation (although I had a confirmation on my phone), that I was late and that the kitchen was closing at 2pm and that he really couldn't do anything for me. I told him the website said lunch ended at 2:30pm and he said that was wrong. I was about to leave and he came back to get me. He sat me with a very bad attitude while I waited for my friend to arrive. The chef came out and told me that I had to order immediately and the 'plat du jour' was already finished. I had to order the only option available for my friend and I - the lebanese plate- which was tasty but all the fuss and stressful service really put a damper on my lunch. Luckily the waiter left and another waitress tended to our table. She was actually quite friendly. Tip for the restaurant: update your website to reflect the real time of service, get your reservations in order and watch the negative attitude.

• Visited March 2013
Crassier, Suisse
“Good Lebanese Restaurant in the heart of Geneva”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Had a 1st try at "Chez Sami" we 2 other friends. We had good typcial food and Lebanease wine. They were a bit short "on the bread" so I had to ask several times to get enough to follow up with the meals.

Downside was quite noizy inside. The impression is like being in hall. Maybe this is due to the high ceillings and there was a bit a confusion during the service from the waiter. Overall good place to eat in.

• Visited March 2013