“Great Indian Restaurant”

Ital'India by Shahi
Reserve with
Save up to 50% when you reserve online *
Ital'India by Shahi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #418 of 1,700 Restaurants in Geneva
Cuisines: Indian, Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Indian Restaurant & Pizzeria
Washington Crossing, Pennsylvania
“Great Indian Restaurant”
Reviewed August 8, 2014

Very Nice food.Ate there 5-6 times.All dishes were very nicely done as per instructions.Cheese Pakoras were so so.Service can be improved.Nicely appointed place.Pizza is more Indian Style so foreigners may not like them as much.Should learn from Pizza Hut in India how to improve on that.

Visited August 2014

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Good Find”
Reviewed July 4, 2014

After reading the reviews on TripAdvisor, my colleagues and I decided to give Ital'India a try. I must say, we were pleasantly surprised! We were a bit hesitant....I mean, a place that has Indian pizza on the menu...?!? But the food was really good! We didn't actually order the Indian pizza, but went for the straightforward Indian menu. Nice atmosphere, pleasant staff and good food.....will definitely go back!

• Visited June 2014
Innsbruck, Austria
“Great discovery, really good mix”
Reviewed May 10, 2014

I was with a colleague in Geneva and we were looking for a place to eat. We passed by Ital'India and got curious about the strange mix. My colleague insisted to try it out,although I was really skeptikal about what I believed being unmixable: indian and italian cuisine. Just to clarify, I love Indian cuisine and I am Italian. The owner of the restaurant was really friendly to us and gave us some suggestions about what to try: we had,believe it or not pizza tikka masala as a starter: I am telling you, it was absolutely delicious: it was a pizza Margherita as a base and on top chicken tikka masala. The pizza itself was really, really good, like in Naples (they have a wood-fired oven) and the chicken tikka masala on top was a perfect ingredient to go with it. Then we had some really good kebab-type meat and a chicken Curry. To finish off, some typical Indian sweets suggested (and offered) by the owner together with fresh no-alcohol mango liquor. What a great surprise has been this place. I would absolutely recommend it and I will go back the next time around I am in Geneva. The bill was reasonable, considering that you are in Geneva.

• Visited May 2014
Zurich, Switzerland
“Nice chicken tandoori”
Reviewed April 18, 2014

Had dinner several times in this little indian restaurant close to Gare Cornavin.

- Quick service
- Serve Taj Mahal beer
- Best chicken tandoori in town
- Cheese naan very decent

Visited January 2014
Geneva, Switzerland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Perfect combination of Italian and Indian cuisine”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Very calming atmosphere, perfect interior design, the service was good and fast and most importantly the food was good. If you're looking for something typical spicy Indian cuisine, this is not the place, even though the spiciness level is mentioned besides the menu. The taste in the food is mixed with Italian taste, for example the Chicken Curry (our favorite) tasted cheesy. The place is also accessible from the train station (Tram 15 towards Nations, stop at Môle). This is one of the best restaurants I visited in Geneva.

• Visited January 2014