“Good family-run Italian”

Pizzeria La Primavera
Reserve with
Save up to 30% when you reserve online *
Pizzeria La Primavera is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #558 of 1,787 Restaurants in Geneva
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 27, 2014

The outside may look a little "cheap cafe" style but inside there was a great welcome and good menu. Our meals plus carafe of the house wine came to 80 euros for the two of us; which was a bit steep for the place. However Geneva is very expensive and I suppose it was pretty good overall; as the quality of the food was good.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

Very friendly staff. Basic decor but excellent food at a reasonable price. The wine recommendations provided was matching the quality of the food. Highly recommended.

1  Thank FlyingKiwiNewZealand
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This is a fantastic local neighborhood restaurant for a number of reasons. The owner is friendly (and usually present), the food is authentically Italian, the staff provide good service and the menu is diverse and well-executed. The pizza, pasta, seafood, steaks, etc are all delicious. It is also very reasonably-priced.

What sets Primavera apart, however, is its takeaway pizza service.

For 12CHF, you can buy almost any pizza on the menu (specialty pizzas excluded from this offer). The pizzas are delicious, freshly made to order and are typically ready within 5-10 minutes - perfect to call ahead before driving over to pick up your pizza.

Dominos Pizza is located next door - I'm not a snob, I like an Americanized pizza every so often (1x every 5-6 months, maybe), but when Primavera makes fantastic fresh pizza for 12CHF, its quite ridiculous to pay 17-20CHF for a Dominos pizza full of preservatives and frozen ingredients.

I go to Primavera at least once every 3-4 weeks, I cannot recommend it highly enough!

2  Thank odziggel
Reviewed January 20, 2013

I've been going to the Primavera for years, ever since it's owner moved from a restaurant on Rue Vermont to take over this resto on rte de Meyrin. He is only a few steps away from Domino's Pizza on rue de la Servette and also does Pizza takeaway at a fraction of the cost and ten times better!

The service is friendly and in the summer there is a large terrace. Parking is difficult in this area - there are only about ten spaces on the street in front of the resto but you can get there by Bus or Tram by getting off at the "Servette" stop.

During the hunting season there is wonderful game on the menu - not my sort of thing but my husband loves it. The daily "plat du jour" and specialities are always good PLUS if you are not happy, they are polite if you complain.

A while ago they hired a new French chef. When I asked for a steak "entrecote" I got the French cut (which I hate - all gristle and fat) as opposed to the Swiss cut (cut from a different angle so without fat and gristle). I sent it back, got huge apologies and was then served a fabulous Swiss cut entrecôte!

As well as the main restaurant area, there is also a "banquet" room if you are a large group!

Reviewed October 31, 2012

Location and Accessibility
To get to this restaurant through public transformation, you can take the Tram 14 or Bus 3 and get off at the tram stop Servette (3rd stop if taking tram from the Gare Cornavin/Train Station). Walk further up a block along the tram line, passing by Domino’s pizza.

Their food is pretty good. As I said, for me, they have the best lasagna in town and I always see a long queue of people ordering pizza for take-away on weekends.

Price
The prices here are pretty good for Geneva’s usual restaurant prices.

The thing with this restaurant is that they don’t have consistency in their service. Twice, they got my order wrong (well, at the 2 instances when they got my order wrong, it was with the same waiter so it might be a person-thing rather than a restaurant-thing). At times, it will take them forever to take your order. But most of the time, they’re okay.

See my full review of this restaurant at https://writtenbyicar.wordpress.com/2012/10/29/la-primavera-my-go-to-restaurant-for-my-lasagna-cravings/

1  Thank Icar P