“typical holiday inn express, with a worn jaded look and feeling”

Holiday Inn Express Geneva Airport
Ranked #40 of 106 Hotels in Geneva
Reviewed November 14, 2013

The hotel is next to Geneve airport, and I had an early morning flight so it seemed a safe bet.
Geneva is an old style boring provincial town which closes down early. The police even lock up the airport at night with passengers inside the airport! checking to see that stranded passengers have bona fide tickets. Unfortunately the hotel does not provide a wake up call service, instead you can set the TV to wake you up. I was tired after extensive travelleing and flopped down to sleep after setting the TV. The TV fused! However I did wake up in time as I have an internal alarm clock. Like everything in Geneva it is overpriced, tired, expensive and underserviced.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Geneva Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2013

Dear mmz123,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your review is vital for improving the service and quality we offer to our valued guest. It is always hugely motivating when one takes the time and trouble to acknowledge or give points for improvement. We hope to get the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future. Thank you once again for your valuable comment, and if you might have any suggestions that will contribute to enhancing your stay, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Krysllin G.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Geneva Airport

Reviewed November 4, 2013

I enjoyed my time at this hotel. I stayed for one night on a layover in Geneva. The hotel doesn't have many amenities - no restaurant or activities. However, it's next door to the Movenpick Hotel and Casino, which has plenty of restaurants. It's also walking-distance to the train station, which will take you to downtown Geneva within 10 minutes. The hotel was clean, and the price was right. Internet is included for as many devices as you want. Definitely worth staying here if you need to be by the airport!

Reviewed November 2, 2013

While on business travel I had a10-hour layover at the Geneva Airport and chose to spend the night at the Holiday Inn Express. I had a great experience there. The rooms were spacious, very clean, and completely similar to the same properties in the USA. I know that others complain of WiFi only in the Lobby, but if you are a Priority Club Member (as I am), there is free WiFi in the rooms as well. I enjoyed my night's stay and had no problems whatever.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

The location of this hotel is exactly what we needed as we were only staying there for 16 hours before our flight. Very handy shuttle service to and from airport. Small rooms well laid out. After all when you are only there for a short amount of time there is really no need for a larger room. Price was reasonable. The breakfast was ok, service was good and I was pleased with the fact that the rooms were quite soundproof from outside noise seeing we were so close to the airport.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Location brilliant for office which was why I stayed. Room size was small but a nice touch was that there was a very small sofa so you weren't restricted to bed/desk when doing some work. The bathroom was very small and the door was odd - you could either shut the bathroom door or shut the toilet door - wouldn't like to be sharing a room with somebody else! I was unfortunately in an interconnecting room and I could hear EVERYTHING on the other side of that door. Coughing, sneezing, talking... I felt like there was somebody else in my room and it terrified me at 2am in the morning when I heard a cough. IHG Group maybe need to invest in more sound insulation! Staff were great, wifi was also good (although ask for more than one code if you have more than one device), free public transport pass was great. Not good value for price considering how small the room/bathroom is. If I could get a cheaper rate at the hotel next door next time, I'd probably go there.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Geneva Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013

Dear bexiboo09,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding the bathroom size and the noise during your stay. We will look into this point. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

Having read the reviews, I wasn't hoping for a lot. But, since it was just a 10-hr layover, I didn't think that mattered. I was wrong. The room is furnished in early Ikea clearance style. No in-room safe, and the room reeked of a cheap deodorizer that was fighting hard against the smell of cigarette smoke. I asked for a Swiss plug adapter from the front desk, and was told they require a CHF 30,- deposit. No food deliveries or restaurants between 2300 and 0630hrs, only candy bars and soda pop from vending machines.

Room Tip: Avoid 121....it smells.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo

Dear 0tt0d0g,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the services offered prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We take all of the reviews we received very seriously. We have shared your comments with the staff and we’re confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Adrian D

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Our compact room was well laid out and very clean. It was interesting to see how practical a 6'x6' bathroom (including the shower and toilet stall) can be. It felt like we were on a ship where real estate is at a premium.

I wouldnt want to stay here several nights it to use it as a base to explore Geneva, but it's perfect for a night near the airport. The shuttle runs frequently (and one could walk to/from the airport in a pinch), the breakfast was pretty good, the beds and bedding were comfortable and it was amazingly quiet for it's proximity to the airport.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Geneva
NH Geneva Airport
#5 of 6 in Cointrin
Crowne Plaza Geneva
Crowne Plaza Geneva
#1 of 6 in Cointrin

Been to Holiday Inn Express Geneva Airport? Share your experiences!