“Comfortable stay”

Ranked #37 of 105 Hotels in Geneva
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Comfortable stay”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Stayed there for one night,it was worth it,very clean room,friendly service at receptionand free continental breakfast,free shuttle service from and to airport. Because of very cold weather,receptionist ordered take away food for us.Staying there again soon

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Kuwait City, Kuwait
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Its located next to the airport. They have a airport shuttle that is 20 minutes apart. They also have a tram/ bus station around 10 minutes away from the hotel which takes you everywhere. As soon as you checkin, you get these passes that allow you travel free in trams/ buses within Geneva. Rooms are clean and standard. Internet is not free, charges are 10 franc for 24 hours. Breakfast is basic, which is good. In case you come in early, they have a huge luggage room. Service is pretty good. They have a Sofa which doubles up as a bed, useful if you have your children with you.

Room Tip: Make sure you come in early to get a shuttle, as they could be a long queue.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Anita L
Moscow
Reviewed March 3, 2013

I've chosen this hotel for its closeness to the airport - what, I guess, anyone does. The price is not low at all, but it was mentioned that the breakfast is included. As I had an early flight, I asked the manager of early breakfast options and was told that I would get coffee and smth in the morning. Morning, I had to catch up the shuttle at 6.30, while the breakfast is served from 6.30 - so I was told that I can get myself a croissant, coffee and juice, that was present in the breakfast room. OK, no normal early breakfast option, but anyway. However, when I added a jam package to the croissant (that was also present in the same room, I was told, and in a very unfriendly manner, that I am not allowed to do this since the breakfast is from 6.30 (it was 6.15 at the clock, and the jam was anyway there). The manager came and, when I asked, why can't I use what I've actually paid for, told me that in fact I cannot even take coffee, that it is merely an exception and sort of very kind of them to allow me a cup. I am disappointed, to say the least. Let away breakfast (not a big issue, surely), but a perfect example of non-customer attitude. I've stayed at various hotels, and many of them airport hotels - which normally means early breakfast option, and often had to leave early (much earlier than 15 min to the official breakfast time), and nowhere it was like this. I really do not think I would ever use Holiday Inn chain again, though I did previously. Just not to face other "surprises" in future.
Recommendation: choose any hotel that does not include breakfast to the price. There are options, for Geneve as well.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Geneva Airport, responded to this review, March 17, 2013
Dear V0lta,

Thank you for staying with us on your recent visit and for taking the time to write about your recent experience at our hotel. We strive to accommodate all of our guests and their needs and I’m disappointed that we did not meet your expectations. I am sorry you were not satisfied with the service you received from our staff. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

I want to extend my personal apology, and to thank you for helping us improve our hotel and services. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel and replace your bad experience with one that reflects our true standards.

Without your guest feedback we cannot continue to improve our services. We look forward to your return.

Ferdinand G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Travelers are raving about these Geneva hotels

sydney
Reviewed February 25, 2013

This hotel is good value. The rooms are fairly basic but very comfortable and clean. The bathroom also was very clean and quite spacious. The bed was very comfortable. Free access to public transport is part of the package. The public transport into the city is very quick and reliable. The breakfast was fairly basic but good and was included in the price. Checkin took a little longer than necessary but otherwise my experience was a very good one.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank columbiaSydney
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Stayed here for one night waiting for an onward flight. The location is very convenient, next to the airport, with a frequent shuttle bus. A short walk down the road is a tram to the city centre. This takes only ten minutes to get there. The hotel provides a one day public transport pass. Also next to the tram stop is a hypermarket with attached restaurant/cafeteria. There is no restaurant in the hotel, so options are to go into town, go to the hypermarket, or go to the Movenpick restaurant next door. Rooms are functional and tidy, usual HI express standard, and I found the bed really comfortable. Checkin and checkout was quick, the staff were polite and helpful. Minor points: the free wifi in the lobby didn't work, even after the staff reset it. I used a paid service, not too expensive. The grounds looked bleak, concrete, mud and sad little shrubs in a container. expensive

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Mark J
Winchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Well located airport hotel, good shuttle bus access from the airport. Checking in is a bit chaotic if you arrive after 19:00 and if busy (which it was) you have to be prepared to wait a while. The staff are friendly and helpful though, just not enough of them...
The hotel does not have a restaurant for anything other than breakfast (no hot food then either) and the closest place to eat in the evening is the Movenpick hotel restaurant but that will empty your pockets since even a cheese burger will cost you over 30 SFr ! Really expensive and not very good so don't even bother going there. Fortunately you can get Pizza delivery to the Holiday Inn reception so go for that !
The bar is ok but the receptionist also doubles as bar tender so, again, be prepared to wait (no chance of a hangover at least :-)
Rooms are comfortable but can be noisy as people leave for early flights (4:30 am in my case)

In summary, yes, I would use the hotel again!

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank Mal A
Savona, Liguria, Italy
Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is close to the airport with good services near by (big supermarket, professional gym, good restaurants etc). The rooms are average, a bit "old" I would say, but still ok. Wifi is good, not for free though. Unfortunately there isn't a restaurant at this hotel so you have to take a taxi or go to the facilities near by which, however, are quite expensive. Based on my experience the staff is quite rude and it seems not to understand simple requests answering with an awful attitude. A huge down point for me!

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Francesco2889
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Geneva Airport, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Dear Francesco2889,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. Please accept my sincerest apologies for receiving an unsatisfactory service from the staff. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly. Despite your disappointment I do hope you will return to stay with us again at some future date when you can be assured of our very best attention.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Also consider these accommodations in or near Geneva
NH Geneva Airport
Crowne Plaza Geneva
Crowne Plaza Geneva
#1 of 6 in Cointrin
ibis Geneve Centre Nations

Been to Holiday Inn Express Geneva Airport? Share your experiences!