Nice hotel for the price. Clean, (rooms were small) free shuttle to and from the airport (less than 5 mins.) and a wonderful location. A free transportation pass is issued for the days you stay in Geneva and this allows you to get around town with ease. The bus stops about 200yds from the entrance and takes you right to the center of town in about 10 mins. Breakfast was very good, traditional European, meats, cheeses, hard boiled eggs, breads, cereal, milk and coffee & teas, good start to the day. We had been told the area around the train station was run down and not safe when we were looking at hotels, but after walking around the area I would say it looked fine to me. Just a reminder, the shops are all CLOSED on Sunday. I’m not sure I would buy anything In Switzerland anyway, way too expensive. You can get the same stuff in France at half the price, and Switzerland’s cheeses sell here in USA Costco at a fraction of the price. Geneva was an easy city to get around with the pass, don’t miss Old Town, walk around the lake, the fountain (Jet d’ eau) is beautiful, the museums are free on Sun., and spend some time by the University next to the Old Town (Grand Theater, Music Hall and a beautiful park are there). We used this hotel for pleasure and liked it, would be ideal for the business person (close to airport & town) The staff were very helpful, some had trouble with English, but most were very helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Hotel Express By Holiday Inn Geneva Airport. Ideally located next to the Geneva Airport and Palexpo Congress Centre, the hotel is only 15 min from City Centre and Lake Geneva: Free transportation ticket available at reception. The hotel offers free shuttle service to and from the airport every 20 min. from 05.50am to 11.30pm. Start your day with our free continental buffet breakfast, served every morning from 06.30am to 10am. Companies in our direct neighborhood: Jet Aviation-Tag Aviation-Skyguide-Eli Lilly-Cambridge-Charmilles-TCS-IBM-Lexmark-IATA-Dell. With its fast, efficient and convivial service at very attractive prices, the Hotel Express by Holiday Inn Geneva Airport has a bar, a lobby with free Wireless Lan access, television, a business centre with internet access (charge), a breakfast room, two meeting rooms and an underground and external carpark (CHF15/24 hours). All our rooms are equipped with bathroom with shower and separate toilet, a working desk, high speed internet access (CHF 10/day), a telephone, an interactive television set and a tea and coffee maker. Within few minutes walking distance, you will find various restaurants, a fitness centre, a casino and a shopping mall Our friendly reception staff is at your disposal if you need to rent a car or if you want to buy a city tour. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, IHG, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Geneva Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Express By Holiday Inn Geneva Airport Hotel Geneva
- Holiday Inn Geneva Airport
- Geneva Holiday Inn