“Great stay”

Holiday Inn Express Geneva Airport
Ranked #41 of 109 Hotels in Geneva
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Nice hotel for the price. Clean, (rooms were small) free shuttle to and from the airport (less than 5 mins.) and a wonderful location. A free transportation pass is issued for the days you stay in Geneva and this allows you to get around town with ease. The bus stops about 200yds from the entrance and takes you right to the center of town in about 10 mins. Breakfast was very good, traditional European, meats, cheeses, hard boiled eggs, breads, cereal, milk and coffee & teas, good start to the day. We had been told the area around the train station was run down and not safe when we were looking at hotels, but after walking around the area I would say it looked fine to me. Just a reminder, the shops are all CLOSED on Sunday. I’m not sure I would buy anything In Switzerland anyway, way too expensive. You can get the same stuff in France at half the price, and Switzerland’s cheeses sell here in USA Costco at a fraction of the price. Geneva was an easy city to get around with the pass, don’t miss Old Town, walk around the lake, the fountain (Jet d’ eau) is beautiful, the museums are free on Sun., and spend some time by the University next to the Old Town (Grand Theater, Music Hall and a beautiful park are there). We used this hotel for pleasure and liked it, would be ideal for the business person (close to airport & town) The staff were very helpful, some had trouble with English, but most were very helpful.

Room Tip: 5th floor was quite, no view on either side of hotel.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank twitchell

Reviewed February 13, 2013

Good location, only a 10 minute walk from the airport terminal. The staff aren't very helpful, but the rooms are functional and clean, more shelf/dresser space would be nice. Breakfast is just OK, they do not have a location for dinner.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank HJFHJS
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Geneva Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

Dear HJFHJS,

We appreciate your feedback regarding our property. I am pleased you liked the location and I am glad that you found our rooms to be functional and clean.

However, I am sorry to hear your issues with our staff. Please accept our sincerest apologies for any dissatisfaction you had with our level of service. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to improve and continually provide the best experience possible.

Your comments are being shared with the hotel management and appropriate action will be taken. We hope to have another chance of hosting you should your travel plans bring you back to Geneva.

Dhan M

Reviewed February 9, 2013

I stayed one night at Holiday Inn Express Geneva Airport. The first experience was OK, fast although not comfortable transfer from the airport to the hotel and the room was in expected standard for the price payed. When I asked the staff in the lobby for a wakeup call the man replied to me as a machine and didnt even look at me. I am sorry if you have heard this question hundred times, but please be professional at your work! I had an early flight out the next morning so I booked the extra shuttle transfer bus the evening I arrived. The following morning when I came down the bus was already full so I couldn't go at expected time. The staff member told me that people had not signed up but joined the bus anyway. I wasn't pleased that I had to wait for the next shuttle bus and having less time for check in at the airport, and suggested that they may look over their system of booking people to the shuttle bus and actually should check who has booked or not. Since he was the only staff working he had to talk to the bus driver, check out guests and take care of some breakfast issues at the same time, The staff member told me in a very rude way I was late for the bus so it was my own fault. This was a complete lie since I arrived in the lobby before the bus was intended to leave. It was a very bad experience that the staff blame the guests while not having a proper system for handling basic things. I hope the review will guide you how to make guests more pleased with their stay.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank snl189894
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Geneva Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2013

Dear snl189894,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns regarding your stay with us. Your satisfaction is important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. Please let me apologize that you did not receive the quality customer service and high standards that we are renowned for. I regret that you left unsatisfied with the level of service received from our staff. I will ensure that these issues are addressed so this does not re-occur in the future.

Once again thank you for bringing this to our attention, as we pride ourselves on excellent customer service. We do hope you decide to give us another chance for a future stay.

Zelyn N

Reviewed January 31, 2013

Location is great, with airport shuttles every 10-20 min. The staff aren't too helpful, maybe Geneva isn't a tourist place but some info/brochures would be nice on arrival. Apparently other airport hotels provide free public transport for your stay, this hotel made no mention of that... but it appears that they do.

The nearest tram stop is 5min down the road, takes about 10-15min to get into town.

Room was quite big and comfortable, even had a couch. The breakfast is very substandard, just got the basics.

Got a bit of lip from the reception when leaving which was irritating. If the staff were a bit more friendly and were forthcoming about information I would have enjoyed my stay a lot more.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank justindp
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Geneva Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Dear justindp,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review regarding your recent stay. I am so glad you liked the convenient location of our hotel. Please allow me to apologize for the service you received that did not live up to your expectations. I am sorry our breakfast options was less than satisfactory. Your feedback is our best resource for improving our guest services. Thank you for staying and we hope to serve you again should your travels bring you back to Geneva, Switzerland.

Anthony M

Reviewed January 27, 2013

There is free shuttle which comes on time . They also have a very nice complimentary breakfast and free all day pass to the public transport .
The hotel is about 20 min from the center of the town and one can use the complimentary pass to get to downtown.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank kp_vy
Reviewed January 27, 2013

While this hotel is definitely mid-grade, even for a Holiday Inn Express, you cannot beat it's location. The hotel is 15 minutes by shuttle from the airport and a five minute walk to the #18 tram line (where 3.50 franc gets you an all day bus/tram/train ticket), Next door is the ICC center with a hotel, casino and three restaurants (the closest place to eat after breakfast hours). Just ensure that you call the hotel for the shuttle, as they only go back and forth when they know there are guests needing the van, otherwise you may be standing at the airport a long time waiting for the shuttle. The hotel description says they have Internet access, but in your room you have to pay for wireless access and the free access in the lobby is slow and prone to kicking off. The rooms were clean and comfortable, with TV channels in English, French and German. All in all an okay stay, better for it's location than it's comforts.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Jeffrey M
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Geneva Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Dear Jeffrey M,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of the hotel. We are glad to read you liked our location. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs.

Connie D

Reviewed January 21, 2013

Despite to other reviews, we did not have any problems with our reservation. The front desk lady was very helpful and friendly. Room was clean and we had all the towels and soaps that were needed. Big plus was the free shuttle bus to the hotel and airport. The driver was helpful and friendly. Hotel also provided us with free public transportation tickets to city center and back. So overall it was nice one night stay before our ski trip to France and we would always go back there.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank K A
Also consider these accommodations in or near Geneva
NH Geneva Airport
NH Geneva Airport
#2 of 2 in Meyrin
Movenpick Hotel & Casino Geneva
ibis Geneve Centre Nations
Starling Geneva Hotel & Conference Center
Starling Geneva Hotel & Conferen...
#1 of 4 in Le Grand Saconnex
Nash Airport Hotel
Nash Airport Hotel
#5 of 6 in Cointrin
Crowne Plaza Geneva
Crowne Plaza Geneva
#1 of 6 in Cointrin

Been to Holiday Inn Express Geneva Airport? Share your experiences!