“Unprofessional staff”

Holiday Inn Express Geneva Airport
Ranked #39 of 106 Hotels in Geneva
Reviewed February 9, 2013

I stayed one night at Holiday Inn Express Geneva Airport. The first experience was OK, fast although not comfortable transfer from the airport to the hotel and the room was in expected standard for the price payed. When I asked the staff in the lobby for a wakeup call the man replied to me as a machine and didnt even look at me. I am sorry if you have heard this question hundred times, but please be professional at your work! I had an early flight out the next morning so I booked the extra shuttle transfer bus the evening I arrived. The following morning when I came down the bus was already full so I couldn't go at expected time. The staff member told me that people had not signed up but joined the bus anyway. I wasn't pleased that I had to wait for the next shuttle bus and having less time for check in at the airport, and suggested that they may look over their system of booking people to the shuttle bus and actually should check who has booked or not. Since he was the only staff working he had to talk to the bus driver, check out guests and take care of some breakfast issues at the same time, The staff member told me in a very rude way I was late for the bus so it was my own fault. This was a complete lie since I arrived in the lobby before the bus was intended to leave. It was a very bad experience that the staff blame the guests while not having a proper system for handling basic things. I hope the review will guide you how to make guests more pleased with their stay.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank snl189894
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Geneva Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2013

Dear snl189894,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns regarding your stay with us. Your satisfaction is important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. Please let me apologize that you did not receive the quality customer service and high standards that we are renowned for. I regret that you left unsatisfied with the level of service received from our staff. I will ensure that these issues are addressed so this does not re-occur in the future.

Once again thank you for bringing this to our attention, as we pride ourselves on excellent customer service. We do hope you decide to give us another chance for a future stay.

Zelyn N

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Geneva Airport

Reviewed January 31, 2013

Location is great, with airport shuttles every 10-20 min. The staff aren't too helpful, maybe Geneva isn't a tourist place but some info/brochures would be nice on arrival. Apparently other airport hotels provide free public transport for your stay, this hotel made no mention of that... but it appears that they do.

The nearest tram stop is 5min down the road, takes about 10-15min to get into town.

Room was quite big and comfortable, even had a couch. The breakfast is very substandard, just got the basics.

Got a bit of lip from the reception when leaving which was irritating. If the staff were a bit more friendly and were forthcoming about information I would have enjoyed my stay a lot more.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank justindp
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Geneva Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Dear justindp,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review regarding your recent stay. I am so glad you liked the convenient location of our hotel. Please allow me to apologize for the service you received that did not live up to your expectations. I am sorry our breakfast options was less than satisfactory. Your feedback is our best resource for improving our guest services. Thank you for staying and we hope to serve you again should your travels bring you back to Geneva, Switzerland.

Anthony M

Reviewed January 27, 2013

There is free shuttle which comes on time . They also have a very nice complimentary breakfast and free all day pass to the public transport .
The hotel is about 20 min from the center of the town and one can use the complimentary pass to get to downtown.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank kp_vy
Reviewed January 27, 2013

While this hotel is definitely mid-grade, even for a Holiday Inn Express, you cannot beat it's location. The hotel is 15 minutes by shuttle from the airport and a five minute walk to the #18 tram line (where 3.50 franc gets you an all day bus/tram/train ticket), Next door is the ICC center with a hotel, casino and three restaurants (the closest place to eat after breakfast hours). Just ensure that you call the hotel for the shuttle, as they only go back and forth when they know there are guests needing the van, otherwise you may be standing at the airport a long time waiting for the shuttle. The hotel description says they have Internet access, but in your room you have to pay for wireless access and the free access in the lobby is slow and prone to kicking off. The rooms were clean and comfortable, with TV channels in English, French and German. All in all an okay stay, better for it's location than it's comforts.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Jeffrey M
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Geneva Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Dear Jeffrey M,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of the hotel. We are glad to read you liked our location. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs.

Connie D

Reviewed January 21, 2013

Despite to other reviews, we did not have any problems with our reservation. The front desk lady was very helpful and friendly. Room was clean and we had all the towels and soaps that were needed. Big plus was the free shuttle bus to the hotel and airport. The driver was helpful and friendly. Hotel also provided us with free public transportation tickets to city center and back. So overall it was nice one night stay before our ski trip to France and we would always go back there.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank K A
Reviewed January 16, 2013

If you have to overnight or have an early flight this is the place to stay. It is 400 metres from the departures /arrivals areas and is an easy walk. The hotel also offers a shuttle that drops and picks up at the arrivals area.

A nice feature is the hotel will provide you with free transport tickets to catch the light rail into the city for free. There is a station 300 metres away and a very convenient way to get into the city centre.

The rooms are comfortable albeit basic.

Room Tip: They are all exactly the same.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Geneva Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

Dear Andrew255103,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I am pleased to know that you had a satisfactory stay at our hotel. I appreciate feedback that we receive, whether positive and negative to ensure we provide the best level of service and facilities that we can give to our guests. Thank you again for your review and I hope to have an opportunity of welcoming you back again soon.

Krysllin G.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

I stayed at this hotel with two friends at the end of a ski trip and before a morning flight from Geneva. The hotel is nice and close to the airport and offers a free shuttle service.

The overall experience was poor however, marred by reservation mixups, overcharging, lacklustre communication and, overall, I thought, a very poor level of service.

My friend, who booked the hotel for 3 rooms came to find out that the reservation had been altered without notice to 1 room, then 2 rooms, due to an overbooking situation. This came to be rectified eventually, but only after some considerable effort on his part, and with little in the way of confirmation from the hotel. As we arrived that night I must admit to some doubt that we would get the 3 rooms we expected. In the end we did with some apology from the manager and a waiver on rather expensive in-room wifi (the 'free wifi' is for the lobby only!

In my own case the room I stayed in had no soap of towels and I had to wait some 45mins, late at night for this to be addressed. This is not what I needed after a long day!

Evening food is not available, except through take-out so we eneded up going to the Movenpick across the road.

The breakfast was fine - are the plastic trays the standard in Holiday Inn Express these days? - and the free shuttle back to the airport worked out ok.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Barry S
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Geneva Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Dear Barry S,

Thank you for taking the time to relay your comments regarding our property during your recent stay. I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for your dissatisfaction on some of our staff and services. Let me assure you this is not the norm. Your comments were duly noted and will be passed on to the appropriate departments. We appreciate feedback from our valued guests as this is our best resource for improving our hotel.

Connie D
IHGCare

Also consider these accommodations in or near Geneva
NH Geneva Airport
#5 of 6 in Cointrin
Crowne Plaza Geneva
Crowne Plaza Geneva
#1 of 6 in Cointrin

Been to Holiday Inn Express Geneva Airport? Share your experiences!