“Average hotel, great location”

Holiday Inn Express Geneva Airport
Ranked #38 of 105 Hotels in Geneva
Grovetown, Georgia
“Average hotel, great location”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

While this hotel is definitely mid-grade, even for a Holiday Inn Express, you cannot beat it's location. The hotel is 15 minutes by shuttle from the airport and a five minute walk to the #18 tram line (where 3.50 franc gets you an all day bus/tram/train ticket), Next door is the ICC center with a hotel, casino and three restaurants (the closest place to eat after breakfast hours). Just ensure that you call the hotel for the shuttle, as they only go back and forth when they know there are guests needing the van, otherwise you may be standing at the airport a long time waiting for the shuttle. The hotel description says they have Internet access, but in your room you have to pay for wireless access and the free access in the lobby is slow and prone to kicking off. The rooms were clean and comfortable, with TV channels in English, French and German. All in all an okay stay, better for it's location than it's comforts.

3 Thank Jeffrey M
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Geneva Airport, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear Jeffrey M,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of the hotel. We are glad to read you liked our location. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs.

Connie D
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

Despite to other reviews, we did not have any problems with our reservation. The front desk lady was very helpful and friendly. Room was clean and we had all the towels and soaps that were needed. Big plus was the free shuttle bus to the hotel and airport. The driver was helpful and friendly. Hotel also provided us with free public transportation tickets to city center and back. So overall it was nice one night stay before our ski trip to France and we would always go back there.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank K A
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed January 16, 2013

If you have to overnight or have an early flight this is the place to stay. It is 400 metres from the departures /arrivals areas and is an easy walk. The hotel also offers a shuttle that drops and picks up at the arrivals area.

A nice feature is the hotel will provide you with free transport tickets to catch the light rail into the city for free. There is a station 300 metres away and a very convenient way to get into the city centre.

The rooms are comfortable albeit basic.

Room Tip: They are all exactly the same.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Geneva Airport, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Dear Andrew255103,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I am pleased to know that you had a satisfactory stay at our hotel. I appreciate feedback that we receive, whether positive and negative to ensure we provide the best level of service and facilities that we can give to our guests. Thank you again for your review and I hope to have an opportunity of welcoming you back again soon.

Krysllin G.
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed January 12, 2013

I stayed at this hotel with two friends at the end of a ski trip and before a morning flight from Geneva. The hotel is nice and close to the airport and offers a free shuttle service.

The overall experience was poor however, marred by reservation mixups, overcharging, lacklustre communication and, overall, I thought, a very poor level of service.

My friend, who booked the hotel for 3 rooms came to find out that the reservation had been altered without notice to 1 room, then 2 rooms, due to an overbooking situation. This came to be rectified eventually, but only after some considerable effort on his part, and with little in the way of confirmation from the hotel. As we arrived that night I must admit to some doubt that we would get the 3 rooms we expected. In the end we did with some apology from the manager and a waiver on rather expensive in-room wifi (the 'free wifi' is for the lobby only!

In my own case the room I stayed in had no soap of towels and I had to wait some 45mins, late at night for this to be addressed. This is not what I needed after a long day!

Evening food is not available, except through take-out so we eneded up going to the Movenpick across the road.

The breakfast was fine - are the plastic trays the standard in Holiday Inn Express these days? - and the free shuttle back to the airport worked out ok.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Barry S
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Geneva Airport, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Dear Barry S,

Thank you for taking the time to relay your comments regarding our property during your recent stay. I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for your dissatisfaction on some of our staff and services. Let me assure you this is not the norm. Your comments were duly noted and will be passed on to the appropriate departments. We appreciate feedback from our valued guests as this is our best resource for improving our hotel.

Connie D
IHGCare

Travelers are raving about these Geneva hotels

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed January 9, 2013

You know what you're getting with a HI Express - modern, clean, sometimes you get helpful hotel staff, and the location can be good, or it can be bad. In this case the location is right beside the airport, shuttle is good, absence of a restaurant is a drag but my experience with this hotel was very disappointing.

I booked 3 rooms for 3 adults for 1 night on an advance purchase as part of a business trip with my boss, I took charge of the arrangements. I'm a Priorityclub Platinum so I know what I'm doing, I travel a lot and and the reservation was confirmed. A few days before arrival, a welcoming email pointed me at my reservation for 1 room, 1 night, and at a much more expensive rate. That was their first mistake. Checking my credit card I found I had been charged for 3 rooms, at the much higher rate, which was their second mistake, so I emailed them, explained what I had booked, asked them to fix it and as I would not be online for some days, to send me an SMS text to confirm. No SMS arrived, mistake number 3.

I got to the airport and called the hotel to be told "Yes sir, we do have 2 rooms reserved for you", mistake number 4. When I explained the booking I had they said that they did indeed have 3 rooms, so I went to the hotel and there was a pile of paperwork, my email, 3 credit card refunds, 3 new credit card billings, to be signed for. When I asked about WiFi, its free in the lobby but I'd have to pay 10 Fr for WiFi in each of the rooms. The look on my face just about prevented them making mistake number 5 and actually charging me for that.

Mistake number 5 then happened when one of my colleagues had no soap dispenser in either the sink or the shower, and he had to call reception 3 times to get them to send some up. My own room and the room of the third person in our group had no soap in the handbasin dispenser.

So, dear reader, if you're losing track of the litany of errors and this review is getting boring, that was my experience too ... I eventually got fed up with the confounding series of silly mistakes, piled one on top of the other, which points at bad management. The hotel is an OK facility, it has several advantages and the customer-facing staff at the desk (Caroline) are very warm and helpful. However my overall experience was stressful and just not enjoyable, so my overall rating is low.

5 Thank Alan S
Dear Alan S,

Pam G.
Nicosia, Cyprus
Reviewed January 9, 2013

We stayed at the hotel twice during our trip to Geneva on the arrival and on the way back from the French Alpes. The hotel is basic but is everything you need if you want to stay close to the airport. Free shuttle bus, personnel very polite, room clean and quiet.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank RitsaDem
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed January 7, 2013

We stayed here one night during a layover in Geneva. The room and bathroom are small, but were comfortable, modern, clean and a good value. The staff was very nice and the free breakfast wasn't too bad. I wouldn't recommend for an exteneded stay b/c of size.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Geneva
NH Geneva Airport
#1 of 6 in Cointrin
Nash Airport Hotel
Nash Airport Hotel
#5 of 6 in Cointrin

Been to Holiday Inn Express Geneva Airport? Share your experiences!