“One of the best meals we've had in Europe (and we live in Paris)!”
Review of L'Amalfi - CLOSED

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 29, 2013

My wife and are visiting Geneva for a long weekend and our hotel recommended L'Amalfi. The husband and wife restaurant team was extremely welcoming. I ordered the polpo as an appetizer and it was clearly made with love. seasoned and cooked perfectly. probably the best octopus I've ever had! My wife order the rucola salad which was great.

For a main course. I ordered the souris d'agneau (lamb) cooked in a Malbec wine sauce. The meat was extremely tender and fell off the bone! My wife ordered the pacchieri pasta with spicy sausage and tomato sauce, smokey and delicious.

If you are ever in Geneva I highly recommend this restaurant that is off the beaten path! Definitely worth a special trip.

1  Thank Garrett L

Reviewed July 30, 2013

My latest dinner at L'amalfi was just bad. I've been to their restaurant many times for lunch and usually it is a nice and good restaurant. But last week.. well first of all the waiter was not interested in his job at all and seemed detached. My wife's starter came frozen and we send it back. It was clear that nobody of the family was present that evening because the food was just not up to the standard that I'm used from them.

Reviewed April 19, 2013

I like the nice italian - argentinian food the first time I came her, but found it expensive, the second time my dish was good, but not worth 40CHF, next time I'll skip the entrée and the desert and concentrate on a half-lobster. Nice atmosphere, and service good.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

The food is usually excellent although sometimes can be irregular. The service is always extremely friendly and caring. It feels like a family business, which it is, and that first and foremost they care about making their clients happy. The menu is well thought out with a nice variety of dishes with a strong Argentinian influence. The space is not the most comfortable, downstairs can be noisy. My favorite table is near the front door even though you have to beware of the cold as clients come and go in the wintertime.

Reviewed February 7, 2013

I had an absolutely wonderful meal at L'Amalfi, the food was simply delicious and the host and his team did everything to make us feel at home.

I enjoyed a fantastic starter of burrata, tomato and basil - the burrata was perfect and just amazing! I then had an incredible main course of truffle risotto, garnished with burrata (one of my favourites!) My friend had tuna tartare and steak, both of which he highly recommended.

The host was very attentive and friendly - as well as very helpful seeing as we don't really speak French. His team were also excellent.

One of the best meals I have had in a long time - I will be making regular visits to this wonderful place! Highly recommend for anyone visiting Geneva and wanting to enjoy delicious Italian cuisine and excellent Argentinian meat.