“The best burger in Geneva”

Holy Cow! Gourmet Burger Company - Plainpalais
Ranked #196 of 1,786 Restaurants in Geneva
Cuisines: American, Fast Food
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Takeout
Description: Holy Cow! Is about fresh, nutritious, and tasty locally produced home made food that is cooked in front of your eyes and served to you in minutes in a fresh and fun environment. All burger ingredients are freshly prepared every day using only use the best locally sourced Swiss meat and vegetable products. Every single burger served is cooked to order. At this time we do not take reservations, however there is plenty of seating so come on by!
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Go there with friends, family or alone. Super fast service. Great burger, no coke, good beer. Not open on Sunday. Usual fastfood resto ambiance.

Next time when you are around Plainpalais, skip your usual visit to McDo and stop by Holy Cow! Oh how holy they are those juicy huge burgers. Almost same price as McDo starting at 11.90 CHF for a big burger menu.

There was a major lack of burger places in Geneva five years ago. Everyone seems to have noticed that and now many are popping up around the city. Holy Cow is the best burger I have ever tasted maybe anywhere on earth. The burgers are huge, juicy and tasty tasty tasty. The fries are OK. They have the fastest service I have ever experienced in Geneva. The funny thing is that they don't have coke (any brand of coke). Well it's a major flaw but still the memory of the burger will definetly take me back. They have great beer to compensate for the lack of carbonated drinks.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

the burgers are quite big and good. too bad there isn't an alternative to choose the vegetarian burger with all the toppings, but other than this, big and good fries and burgers.

Reviewed February 1, 2013

We have lived in Geneva for six months now and that was only my third hamburger in that time but definitely the best value and yummiest burger by far and the thick cut chips are perfect. I had the avacado and bacon beef burger. We sat in a table right at the back and all the tables around us were full of Americans which is why I said you wouldn't have known you were in Switzerland. The staff were friendly and switched easily from French to English when they heard out bad French. All good. Definitely recommend it.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

We were walking around in Geneva hungry and trying to look for an easy place to have lunch. Not heard of Holy Cow before, it looked like a nice place, lots of people in side (always a good sign!) and with credit card-stickers on the door.

The staff spoke English, which made the ordering easy. The burgers arrived in no time. The burger was good. Not the best I ever had, but still good.
The fries were out of this world! They were absolutely perfect! I loved them! I can't stop thinking (and talking) about them.

I also liked that the mayonnaise was included in the price (as was the ketchup and mustard too) and you could take as much as you want.

Prices are OK I guess for Geneva. Geneva is expensive!

Reviewed January 10, 2013

When we feel like eating burger, we go to this shop and not elsewhere. We have tried different burgers and everything was good. They use local products with high quality, including drinks! The burgers are huge that I never finished one, plus a basket of fries. The service is fast. Very nice when you don't have so much time for break. Nice to go with friends, too.