“Excellent Swiss burgers and delicious fries!”

Holy Cow! Gourmet Burger Company - Plainpalais
Ranked #202 of 1,786 Restaurants in Geneva
Cuisines: American, Fast Food
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Takeout
Description: Holy Cow! Is about fresh, nutritious, and tasty locally produced home made food that is cooked in front of your eyes and served to you in minutes in a fresh and fun environment. All burger ingredients are freshly prepared every day using only use the best locally sourced Swiss meat and vegetable products. Every single burger served is cooked to order. At this time we do not take reservations, however there is plenty of seating so come on by!
Reviewed October 25, 2012

I have now finally eaten all burgers at Holy Cow. This is not a proper restaurant but neither a fast-food chain. Burgers are around CHF 20, which puts H.C. in the same price range as other burger restaturants like Inglewood and Le Calamar. I do love the concept and I keep coming back. You order at the counter and after approximately 4 minutes you will be served at the table. The burgers are excellent and the fries still waters my mouth.

With your menu you can get a syrop from the canton Bern or add a couple of francs and choose one of their Beers.

Service is swift and friendly. What I don't like is the atmosphere which reminds me of a fast-food place. I don't get who chooses the music which is often bad.

This would be a 5-stars fast-food place if it wasn't for the uneven atmosphere.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

These are tasty burgers with interesting flavors. You order your food and then pay for it. Then, it is brought to your table. This is a high end burger place worth going to. There is one across the Gare. The one we ate in was near Plainpalais.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

I'd say they have the greatest hamburgers in town! Very large menu, a bit more expensive than the average, fast service, eat there or take away. A high-quality McDonald's replacement!

Reviewed September 25, 2012

Considering price levels in Switzerland, Holy Cow! offers great menus to people who like a quick bite, but don't want to settle for the quality of a fast food joint. The burgers and fries are excellent. The Bacon Beef Avocado burger is definitely recommendable.

Reviewed September 20, 2012

My extended family had come to visit so we were 6 adults and two toddlers (1 and 3 years old). I had first thought of supper at the kiosque des Bastions, thinking the kids could run in the park. But the weather had changed to rain and the place looked a little too posh for very young kids.
So we tried Holy Cow! And it was a holy good swap.
We arrived at 6 pm so no queue. What did take time was us choosing from their large selection of burgers, which come in three sizes: regular, hungry and kiddie, and three types: beef, chicken and veggie. Each with half a dozen varieties. They also have four squash (sirop) fountains that you can refill to at leisure for no extra cost. And they have beer and wine!
The burgers were BIG: 165 gr - I usually have two at McDo's - one regular was plenty enough here. The meat is delicious and the fries are real fries, thick and tender. Ketchup is on the table for no extra cost.
All their products are of Swiss origin - there are pictures of the bakers and the farmer on the wall. The squash is 'artisanal' as is the beer, from a Lausanne based brewer.
The kitchen is open for anyone to see and the cooks greet you warmly. One of them actually walked among the customers asking if everything was all right! Ever seen that at McDo's?
And the manager is ever so friendly: the baby woke up during our meal and was not interested in the fries. So I asked the cashier for a bun (without the meat). She was a little puzzled as there was no "bun" button on her cash machine. So I paid for a junior burger and went to the cooks asking they put no meat in the bun as it would have been a waste. The manager said "why didn't you say so? I have kids of my own, I would have given you the bread fro free!". I said, never mind, it's done and it's no skin off my back. I returned to our table with the warm bun that got gulped down in a matter of minutes - and the cashier came up and gave me back my money, orders from the manager!
I will definitely go back - with or without kids!
PS: don't try calling - they don't answer as they take no reservations and they serve food non stop from 11:00 to 22:00-23:00.
http://holycow.ch/locations - 2 locations: Plainpalais and Cornavin