“Excellent value for money”
Review of Hotel Les Arcades

Hotel Les Arcades
Ranked #49 of 105 Hotels in Geneva
Marly-sur-Arroux, France
“Excellent value for money”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

You cannot fault this hotel. Geneva is expensive and this hotel has an excellent location and affordable rooms. The breakfast which was included was great. Recommended if you don't mind a little bit of noise and no air conditioning.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Bed was so-so, not the best of our trip but not too bad. Breakfast selection was very small. Food was on the same floor but not too loud in either direction, so sleep was fine and breakfast was quiet enough too. The shutters helped with the noise in the room. It was very hot but the fan worked pretty well. We were initially only given one towel, but were pleasantly surprised to be lent an adapter when we realised that ours didn't work, for a small refundable bond which saved us effort. Wi-fi was fine.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Spent one night here before leaving Geneva. GREAT location in the center of the city. Perfect if you've never been to Geneva. Only a hop, skip, and jump away from Gare Cornavin (train station) and multiple bus stops. Easy walk to Lake Geneva, as well. Also, many good hole-in-the-wall restaurants nearby that are worth trying. Friendly service & clean rooms. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Dhaka City, Bangladesh
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Me and my better half spent only one night in this hotel during our Euro trip. I have forgot so many things of this trip but somehow this hotel has made a place in my memory lane.The location of this hotel is very much convenient for the tourists ,specially who are there for the very first time. Its located just opposite of the central station.local bus stop is nearby.what i loved most is the interior of the hotel...it seemed more like a oasis inside a modern building.Mostly i remember the Dinning space of Hotel Les arcades of Geneva....wish to have another breakfast there in that dinning space with the same person!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Portugalete, Spain
Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

We have booked for one night. We like the location, the hotel is very small and the service not too much friendly but correct. The breakfast included quite enough. Wi-fi for free. And discount in the station parking.

• Stayed August 2013
New York City, New York
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Geneva, in its obscenely expensive fashion provides you with lots of expensive but mediocre options (or ok, if you go really expensive, you get quality). I booked this place expecting it to be below average, but I didnt care since it was for an overnight stay and right across the train I would catch early morning...it turns out to be a very very decent place, the rooms are actually nicer in reality than the photos suggest. and considering what you get in the area for that same price, it's fair to say i will most definitely be staying there again if I'm paying for my trip..

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Lya C
HAMILTON
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Hotel Les Arcades is located directly across from the train station in Geneva which gives easy access to the train to the airport and local transportation for which I was given a free pass. Hotels in Geneva can be quite pricy so I was pleased to find this NON-SMOKING accommodation in such a convenient spot for a reasonable price. The hotel emailed me excellent instructions as to how to find Hotel Les Arcades but I was glad that I had a map since I exited the train station in the wrong direction and not via the underground shopping.

Others have described the room configuration so I'll go on to say that I was given a room facing the main roadway and directly across from the reception desk. I was a bit concerned as I had read some noise complaints but I didn't hear a thing. The bed was comfortable and with the fan on I forgot that there was no A/C in my room and slept very well. BTW, the breakfast area is air conditioned. And speaking of breakfast I was impressed with the presentation and quality of what was offered. The fresh fruit was WONDERFUL and the Nespresso was a nice treat.

The WI-FI worked well for me but there was only one area in my room with an outlet and all sockets were in use for the fan, table lamp and TV. In order to charge any device I had to unplug something. This was fine for the one night I stayed there but had I been there longer it would have been a problem.

European baths seem either to have only a shower or a very deep tub. This room had the deep tub and for me there was a problem getting in and out as there wasn't a ledge on which on could sit to rotate in, nor was there a grab bar.

The bottom line is that, for the price, this is quite acceptable accommodation and I would stay here again when in Geneva.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo