“Very good fast food”

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery
Reviewed November 26, 2013

I tried this restaurant out for the first time- after being to a couple of Japanese ones several times in Edinburgh and London. I think food was very good- had a bento box C with miso soup, tempura, rice, sushi and some salad. Price a bit on higher side considering it is a no frills restaurant- disposable plates, glasses and cutlery. Warm sake in microwave! Will perhaps consider returning again.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

Here in Geneva, for a fast food sushi we have Wasabi and Mikado. Mikado is good but is completely dry if you compare with Wasabi. Wasabi has a poor environment, it's clean but it's like you are eating inside a container. Very sad. Take your food out, go eat somewhere else or in the lake if the weather allows.

But in terms of freshness, quality, cost / benefit, you should definetely choose Wasabi.

Sushi rainbow is a favourite. Only tasted something like that here. Will not describe, I invite you to try.

Also for a very good unexpensive meal, have a Chirashi, a salad with cold Japanese rice, avocado and a choice of tuna or salmon tartare or sashimi. Enough for a big man costing CHF 12.80 as at August 2013.

Bon app.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

I arrived at the door of this new-looking eatery hoping for some quick, easy Asian food. The first impression of a clean, modern place was immediately spoiled by a member of staff pushing straight through me and my suitcase as I was walking in the door. No eye contact or words of any kind. This really sums up the service we received - careless, lazy and impolite.

The sushi did look good and two chefs were preparing more as we arrived. We decided we wanted hot food though, mid-way through a long journey (it is located just outside Geneva railway station).

Everything here is pre-packaged in plastic boxes for quick, convenient eating. The food and drinks, however, do not seem to be well stored. The drinks were not cold enough but the food was not hot enough to eat; just warm enough to make us worried about stomach problems.. We had to ask for it to be re-heated but even then it was not hot enough. The food would have been much better fresh - good ingredients and a decent amount - but ended up being soggy, chewy and congealed. Even worse when not hot enough. I cannot comment on the sushi.

Overall, this restaurant is trying to offer quick, convenient food but with good ingredients. From our visit, however, it fell uncomfortably in between. And the prices, even for Switzerland, made the disappointment greater. There were enough other places to choose from on the same street so I cannot really recommend this place, certainly not for its service or hot menu.

And no, we didn't get food poisoning! But my stomach definitely had to work hard.....

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Geneva has lovely fresh fish, and quick easy fast food places like this don't compromise on the quality.

A

Reviewed May 27, 2013

a place to grab a quick meal. the sushi is ok, the hot meals are much better. go for the ramen noodles