“Generous portion at fair price”
Review of Le Point du Jour

Le Point du Jour
Reserve with
Save up to 30% when you reserve online *
Le Point du Jour is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #484 of 1,687 Restaurants in Geneva
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Nyon, Switzerland
“Generous portion at fair price”
Reviewed March 26, 2014

Decent Italian restaurant with outdoor settings. By Geneva standard, the lunch is pretty good. My friend and I sat outside on a spring sunny day. The pasta came in a little pot with cover to keep it warm. It is a nice/ casual place for lunch.

Visited March 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Geneva, Switzerland
“Best fresh home made pasta in Geneva”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

If you are looking for fresh home made pasta, this is the best we have found in Geneva.

The have many different pastas and actually also serve good meat courses, but the pasta portions are so big that we can't take anything else!

Their specialty (at least to me) are pasta with cream-based sauces, cannot miss one with mushrooms and one with sausage they are delicious

To finish the meal go for Tarte Tatin, it's home made, baked just while you are having dinner, excellent!

We end up going once a month a trying different pastas everytime

Visited March 2013
1 Thank XMLAPA
Geneva
“Yummy fresh pasta!”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

This was the best pasta meal I've ever had in Geneva (and I live here!). Freshly made, perfectly cooked and the portions are generous. They bring it out in your own personal and lets you serve yourself on your plate. The price is also very reasonable for Geneva! Pastas go for about 20 - 25SFR, with salad. My colleagues took me here for a goodbye meal on my last day of work, and I have to say, it really did make my last day special! Definitely would go back again.
Atmosphere was great as well. We sat on the patio and it was very comfortable!

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank celine_jc
Starnberg, Germany
“Excellent pasta!”
Reviewed October 12, 2012

I went to this restaurant for lunch and had some amazing pasta. The pappardelle was just incredible and so were the pasta choices of my lunch partners. One person decided to order the steak and although OK, it was thin and over-cooked... in typical European style.

Stick to the pasta... which is fantastic!

• Visited October 2012
Geneva, Switzerland
“dissapointed”
Reviewed June 30, 2012

Had dinner here last night and was very disappointed with the service.

Red flags should have gone up when the menu contains warnings about not ordering food without a drink, a starter without a main course or sharing food. Not that we planned to do so, but why not let the customers decide how they like their menu?

Our order took over an hour to arrive and when we followed up on it, we were just told that others were still waiting before us.

When my wife found a hair in her food towards the end and pointed this out to the staff, all she received was an uncomfortable grimace.

Sorry seems to be the hardest word in this disappointing place.

Pasta was ok, but not worth an hour wait and bad service.

• Visited June 2012