“Unforgettable..”
Review of Hotel Bristol

Hotel Bristol
Ranked #8 of 106 Hotels in Geneva
Reviewed September 23, 2010

I've stayed 2 nights at the Bristol Hotel for our wedding anniversary with my wife. Both the location and the staff were made our stay unforgettable. You can feel the difference just on the front door. Every hotel employee smiles to you and salutes you everytime. Our room was at the 2nd floor. It was very spacious and well decorated. Bathroom was even big as our room. Hotel's location was perfect. Just a minute walk from main train station and old town. I definitely would go there again.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank pudra

Reviewed July 17, 2010

Stayed for the week while on business. Lovely hotel, great rooms. Staff on front desk were like friends as the week passed, always helpful and always quick to respond. Bar is very pleasent, Breakfast fit for a King (but at a cost). Nice and central near (few metres) from the lake and only a short walk to the Station. Central Geneva all round, (beware, the red light district is just around the corner!). Room was luxurious and clean.

Went to a conference at a supposedly better hotel and didn't have the same feel at all. If you want a great hotel with a real warm atmoshere this is the place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank anothernightaway
Reviewed June 22, 2010

The Hotel is located at a very convenient location, close to the central train station (less than 10 minutes walk with my bags). There is also a bus stop right in front of the hotel and all guests are offered free travel pass for the duration of the stay.

The lake and the Jet fountain are very close, I walked all over. Nice place for shopping, many stores just across the bridge towards the old town.

The Hotel room was nice and quite big for a city hotel. Had a king size bed and spacious sitting area with a sofa and two seats in all to seat 5 people. A big LCD TV; wardrobe and storage area tucked in neatly.

My room had a large bathroom with separate shower and tub. The in room amenities were of high quality. There was also a second toilet with a WC in the small entrance lobby in the room. Ideal if you have children with you, two people can use at the same time.

The fitness centre was in the basement, though I did not use, I found it very nice and clean.

My room rate included breakfast that was served in the restaurant that was on the ground floor. Good spread and nice selection of fresh fruits.

I had opted for the chocolate factory visit, which did not happen at the scheduled time, they offered me to go down later in the day, but I had other plans so missed the experience I was looking forward to.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank dude5u
Reviewed June 10, 2010

Hotel Bristol is less then ten minutes walking distance from the Geneva railway station
Its location is at the junction of the mont blanc bridge which is convenient for all tourist locations
Our check in was quick and our room was ready on arrival-we were also promptly given the Geneva transportation card.The room was clean with welcome chocolates.The toiletries in the bathroom were nice.We had the buffet breakfast and it was extensive -what was very nice was a lady playing a harp live in the breakfast room
We could not understand the airconditioning system and within 5 mins of our call the concierge came in and explained everything in English clearly
There are umbrellas which are kept at the reception and in the rooms which can be used -and we did use -in case of rains
The housekeeping was good and what was nice was the weather update of the next day which was kept in the room the previous night.
The checkout too was quick.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 8, 2010

Me and my mum had a lovely relaxing stay at Hotel Bristol. Location is terrific. Had a fourth floor street facing room - only noisy if opened the window. Lovely large room with sitting area. Liked the old-worldly style of hotel. Got a lovely meal in the restaurant on last night also. Got a taxi to and from airport due to large bags - about €30-€40 euros. 10 min walk to old quarter. 2min walk to ferry departure point. Recommend having a snack in the Globus department store food quarter. Enjoy !

Stayed: June 2010
1  Thank thepremier
Reviewed May 24, 2010

booked through easyjet for our first trip to geneva for a 3 night stay fri to mon.
6 days before our trip,i e mailed hotel asking if my request through easyjet for a smoking room with a view of park at rear had been received.within 15 mins,nicolas at the reception replied that it had and we would have what was requested.i was impressed before arriving.
pictues on the website are obviously professional ones but are realistic.its a lovely quiet hotel and ideal location.on asking nicolas while we were there,we found a chinese and an italian restaurant called casanova which was great, left out of hotel and left again at cross roads by bridge.2 mins walk in all.would say about 10 min walk to old town which is nice.went on a 1 hour boat trip on lake geneva,was lovely sunny day.fitness centre is nice.i used it twice.first time i had it all to myself.weights,sauna,jacuzzi and a relaxation room with changing colour lights and chinese music in the background.this fitness centre is rather plush and was at least the standard if not higher than the well known fitness club i use in the uk.
only used the restaurant once for the buffet breakfast.was nice with the lady playing the harp in the background.a bit pricey but we found most things are in geneva.
if flying,the train to and from airport is only one stop and about 6 mins and a 10 min stroll, if that, to the hotel.was rather painless.
all in all an excellent choice of hotel and city to visit for a few days.
thanks again to nicolas on reception and all the other staff.
would stay here again..
enjoy :)

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank steveq
Reviewed May 18, 2010

I booked a 2 night stay at the Bristol but my flight was cancelled and I eventually arrived a day late. The deal when I booked was a 48 cancellation notice - which the hotel had every right to honour. Not only did they waive the first night's charge, they also let me check in early.
Room spotless, receptionists/concierge all exceptionally friendly and a great location. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business