Hotel Diplomate
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$250
Swiss Luxury Apartments(Geneva)
$468
$449
TripAdvisor
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 21, 2012

I have just returned from weekend in Geneva and stayed at this hotel, to be honest I was rather concerned because of the the bad publicity, nothing could have been further from the truth. The room was spotless, the staff were absolutely lovely and couldn't do enough for you. Yes the tap in the bathroom was a little loose and the room was a little small however in Geneva if you want a huge bedroom you have to pay a lot more than I did. I would certainly stay again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed May 12, 2012

I met my boyfriend in Geneva (he does business there) for 6 nights at Hotel Diplomate after three weeks of travelling through France on a student budget. My two-star bed and breakfasts in Provence and my student hostel in Paris (all around 60-70 euros per night) were all superior to this poor excuse for a four-star hotel that costs close to 200 CHF per night for a basic room. The only positive factor was that we had low expectations to begin with after reading the reviews.

Here's what irked me the most:
-The idea of two twin beds pushed together to make a King sized bed is just plain idiotic. My boyfriend and I essentially had to sleep in separate beds or else one of us would fall through the crack.
-The bedding was not comfortable, though the pillows were nice and fluffy.
-The bathroom, though newly renovated, was tiny. The shower curtain didn't have a liner would get in the way and stick to your back in the shower. The shower head was oddly positioned.
-Some of the front desk attendants were just useless. One night we asked the "conciege" if there was a good Japanese restaurant nearby. His response? "I don't know. Sorry."
-They didn't inform us that the air conditioning was broken until we inquired. It was deathly hot in the room (and it wasn't very hot outside...), only made bearable by cranking open the window - which was not ideal as I had terrible spring allergies. Also the window faced out onto a very busy street where trams go by. I am a very deep sleeper but I was still woken up every morning around 5 am.
-One night we brought home some champagne and deserts. We called the front desk to ask for a couple of glasses, plates, forks etc; but they replied saying that the dining room was locked and they didn't have a key. Ridiculous.

The only saving grace was that it was clean and in a good location. Hopefully next time we can stay across the border in Yvoire and my boyfriend can just drive into Geneva for his meetings.

Room Tip: Just stay in France and drive into Geneva if you must...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Rebecca S
Reviewed April 12, 2012

These are now a renovated rooms in all the floors. The rooms are clean and freshly decorated, . Daily room service is very good keeping cleanliness standards high. Thank you !

Room Tip: In the back side !
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed April 8, 2012

Stayed one night at this hotel as we wanted to visit Geneva before heading to France. Wish we hadn't bothered! Hotel may have 4 stars over the door but that's where it ends! No hello at reception, let alone a welcome, manager was there twice & didn't even speak. We've stayed at many UK Best Westerns, one of the reasons we booked here, but maybe Best Western should send some of their UK staff over to give them some training. Room was past it's best, dreary & tired, high pitched whine from something all night, didn't bother with breakfast at 18CHF each; there's a cafe just down the road instead.
Am afraid we thought this stay was a total rip off. This hotel would struggle to maintain 3 stars in the UK, but like much of Geneva, you seem to pay over the odds for eveything.

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed March 14, 2012

The rooms are small, the reception service friendly but patchy unless you speak good French, but the prices are low by Geneva standards and it is well placed for Rive and the downtown are

If you are looking for a well-priced bed for the night in a safe and clean environment, but not fussed about design or frills, then this is fine. (I have also stayed here for a week at a time, and it does wear you down a bit...)

Stayed: February 2012