All reviews bunk beds single room bathrooms and showers shared bathroom expensive city swiss standards wi fi free public transport first floor old town min walk stayed one night central location lockers sink fridge reception
Reviewed August 12, 2018

The good:
-The hostel kitchen was a great place to meet people and cook, saving lots of money on eating out
-Clean and safe
-Walking distance from main train station
-Friendly staff
-Offer you free public transport in Geneva during your stay
-Family friendly

The bad:
-very small rooms
-located far away from the Old Town
-no nightlife nearby
-street outside was always loud overnight

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed August 4, 2018 via mobile

The stuff was very nice&the whole hostel was clean. Not only that we got an amazing room with ventilator, but we also recieved a ticket for public transpot for free for 2 days. I TOTALLY RECOOMEND IT!

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 1, 2018 via mobile

I normally don’t leave negative reviews even when I do have a negative experience, but I’ve stayed in upwards of 50 hostels around the world and this one was by far the most expensive and least comfortable. I know Switzerland is expensive, but 36 CHF seems quite steep for a dorm with no A/C. It was so hot I didn’t sleep at all the whole night. I got up in the middle of the night to take a cold shower in a desperate attempt to cool off.
The staff was very distant, it’s quite a large place to only have one person on duty. There is a kitchen and outdoor patio, but absolutely no atmosphere. This is the only place in Europe that feels dead to me in the summer.
Try investing in A/C for your rooms, a larger more engaging staff, and perhaps breakfast in the morning. Then this place might be worth the money. I wish I had stayed in a more expensive hotel.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank ColleenD1267
Reviewed May 19, 2018 via mobile

I stayed here for 4 nights as part of a large group, we were all on the same floor. Rooms are clean and comfortable. You are getting sheets and towels at check in (1 towel per guest and not overly large) and you return these at check out. It was noisy in the street but quiet inside the hostel itself. Shared bathrooms were spotless and showers had amazing pressure. The kitchen is well stoked with essentials and was great and never too busy. I would definitely stay here again and in expensive Geneva is a gem. I would not bother with breakfast in the cafe linked to the hostel 6 swift franc for one croissant and some coffee. Lidl is 4 minutes away so best to grab breakfast stuff there! Swiss also have their own power but I got two adaptors from amazon for £5 and these worked a treat.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed March 25, 2018

I stayed in a dormitory room of City Hostel for 2 nights. The room was small and with good air circulation but it was too small for 3 people to pack/unpack their stuff. We had to do it in turns and as my bed was not on the floor, I had no other way but to put all my stuff on the floor while packing.

Date of stay: February 2018