All reviews bunk beds train station single room bathrooms and showers shared bathroom expensive city swiss standards wi fi free public transport first floor old town min walk stayed one night central location lockers sink fridge
Reviewed August 4, 2018 via mobile

The stuff was very nice&the whole hostel was clean. Not only that we got an amazing room with ventilator, but we also recieved a ticket for public transpot for free for 2 days. I TOTALLY RECOOMEND IT!

Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 1, 2018 via mobile

I normally don’t leave negative reviews even when I do have a negative experience, but I’ve stayed in upwards of 50 hostels around the world and this one was by far the most expensive and least comfortable. I know Switzerland is expensive, but 36 CHF seems quite steep for a dorm with no A/C. It was so hot I didn’t sleep at all the whole night. I got up in the middle of the night to take a cold shower in a desperate attempt to cool off.
The staff was very distant, it’s quite a large place to only have one person on duty. There is a kitchen and outdoor patio, but absolutely no atmosphere. This is the only place in Europe that feels dead to me in the summer.
Try investing in A/C for your rooms, a larger more engaging staff, and perhaps breakfast in the morning. Then this place might be worth the money. I wish I had stayed in a more expensive hotel.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled solo
2  Thank ColleenD1267
Reviewed May 19, 2018 via mobile

I stayed here for 4 nights as part of a large group, we were all on the same floor. Rooms are clean and comfortable. You are getting sheets and towels at check in (1 towel per guest and not overly large) and you return these at check out. It was noisy in the street but quiet inside the hostel itself. Shared bathrooms were spotless and showers had amazing pressure. The kitchen is well stoked with essentials and was great and never too busy. I would definitely stay here again and in expensive Geneva is a gem. I would not bother with breakfast in the cafe linked to the hostel 6 swift franc for one croissant and some coffee. Lidl is 4 minutes away so best to grab breakfast stuff there! Swiss also have their own power but I got two adaptors from amazon for £5 and these worked a treat.

Stayed: May 2018, traveled on business
Reviewed March 25, 2018

I stayed in a dormitory room of City Hostel for 2 nights. The room was small and with good air circulation but it was too small for 3 people to pack/unpack their stuff. We had to do it in turns and as my bed was not on the floor, I had no other way but to put all my stuff on the floor while packing.

• Stayed: February 2018, traveled solo
Reviewed March 20, 2018

Very good value single room when hotel rooms in the city particularly high during the Motor Show. Easy to walk to from main city station.
This was a return visit so still impressed with cleanliness of rooms and showers.
This time made full use of kitchen, modern and tidy and a sociable space too.
Reception provide good information on local area and for a deposit can provide adaptors for power sockets. Travel pass provided makes travel easy round the city.

Stayed: April 2017, traveled solo