All reviews bunk beds train station single room bathrooms and showers shared bathroom expensive city swiss standards wi fi free public transport first floor old town min walk stayed one night central location lockers sink fridge
Reviewed October 30, 2016 via mobile

First things first... Geneva is expensive. So, the hostel to me was expensive compared to what I've paid for hotels around Europe, but cheaper for Geneva. Not high amenities and basic small room. Traveler be ware there is NO bathroom or shower in the rooms. These are shared by all. However, I found that I had sufficient privacy the whole time I was there.

PROS: close to transportation, ease of getting in an out, quiet enough spot, kitchen available down the hall, VERY clean rooms, bathroom, shower - I'm grateful for that, comfortable bed, I got an adapter for a €10 deposit, TV in room, close to Main Rail station (8 min walk).

CONS: price, very so-so wifi, tiny rooms, shared bathrooms and shower.

I don't think I'll come here again. I prefer not to have to leave room to use the bathroom or shower. But in a pinch it'll do or if you don't mind that then it's a pretty good place.

Date of stay: October 2016
Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed October 19, 2016

I stayed in a 3 person dorm. Its a little cramped but the location makes up for it. Walking distance everywhere. The trains are close by and there is a good place for breakfast downstairs if you dont want to go shopping and use the hostel kitchen facilities.

Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed October 3, 2016 via mobile

Geneva is ridiculously expensive and finding cheap accomodation is a struggle. However this hostel offers budget accomodation about a 5 minute walk from the station. The place has hostel style dorms and private rooms and i found the private room basic but ok with a decent bed, storage, desk, wash basin and free wifi. There is shared bathrooms on the floor. Its not in any way a social place but i was after some quiet time anyway. There is cafes/restaurants and supermarkets in the area. Overall i was happy with my stay and appreciated the affordable accomodation.

Date of stay: October 2016
Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Adam K
Reviewed September 26, 2016

Geneva is a very expensive place which led us to this hostel as an option to alleviate some of the financial strain of visiting Switzerland. It has a great staff, clean washrooms (which are gender neutral if you care) and OK kitchens. I wasn't overly impressed with the beds and had a hard time sleeping on the rubber pads that were given, there was also no AC so the rooms got very hot while we were there. Overall, just an OK experience.

Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 25, 2016

I only stayed at this place for one day/night, but I did enjoy my stay there. The room was small, but clean. Bathroom/toilets were outside the room, on the same floor and they were clean as well. I was given a free transportation ticket for that day, which helped me save quite some money on sightseeings. Good price for expensive Geneva

Date of stay: July 2016