“Double private room for one person.. good location but fairly expensive.”
Review of City Hostel Geneva

and 1 more site!
City Hostel Geneva
Ranked #2 of 10 Specialty Lodging in Geneva
Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

I had a 7 hour (night) layover in Geneva and stayed here for about 80 swiss francs. The halls were a bit musty and the room was small with two uncomfortable beds, a sink, and no bathroom. The location was great, walking distance to the train station! And there were a number of restaurants,bars and amenities in the area. The reception was helpful with my late check-in and there was also free wi-fi which was provided upon check-in along with City map and key card for 24 h building access. I would stay again, mainly because it is one of only two budget traveler spots! They were sold out when I booked so book in advance as this type of accom is hard to come by in thsi expensive City!

• Stayed: June 2013

Reviewed June 19, 2013

It's a nice place. Close to Gare Cornavin and walking distance feom a tram stop. Rooms are basic, but neat. Toilets are shared but are clean and well maintained. There is a kitchen on every floor, so you can cook, a gray way to save on Geneva. Staff are friendly. You can also buy discount price swiss knives and watches here, in addition to chocolates. You cannot find something this cheap in Geneva, certainly not near the city business district.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank anoop350
Reviewed June 15, 2013

It was short stay but it was nice to stay there , staff were very helpful and polite. excellent location , it just walking distance from railway station "Gare Cornavin" which the city center, just 6 minutes traveling time from the airport . Nice hostel atmosphere to know many friends , it was my first time to stay in hostel ever but i like it so much , my only problem to find adapter to charge my mobile Hehehehe.

overall experience , for sure if i went back to Geneva i will stay there

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

This may come from ignorance because it was my first experience staying in a hostel. I wasn't sure what to expect, but I had booked a private room. The room was nice. There were fresh towels provided. I wasn't sure if the sheets were clean. They were definitely holey. As I had been traveling around staying in hotels, I didn't bring a blanket or anything of my own to sleep in. So I guess what I'm saying is, this is a nice hostel. It's clean and, for Geneva especially, very well priced. But if you have never stayed in a hostel before, don't expect it to be like a hotel, even if you have a private room.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Literally only there for 8 hours as we checked in late and departed early but from what we saw it seemed nice. Was clean and a lot quieter than you would expect of a hostel. Rooms were adequate, however the towels were unusually small (more like bath mats). Staff were friendly and in an expensive city was good value for money.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 22, 2013

We don't normally do the hostel thing, but opted to stay here for the first two days of our two week honeymoon in Switzerland. We don't regret it! Matter of fact we wonder why we don't do this more often! We got a private room for two. The linens were soft, showers hot with plenty of pressure and the place was surprisingly quiet and very clean. The lobby is more modern hotel than hostel and we appreciated the free amenities including free travel pass, kitchen on each floor and vanity stations in each bath. The hostel is about 10 mins was to the lake, just around the corner from a delish creperie and 8 mins walk from the train station. Considering what you can spend on a room here, I'm not sure why you would stay elsewhere! After all, who visits Geneva to sit in their room?

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sarah H
Reviewed May 8, 2013

A smart, clean and central hostel with friendly and helpful staff.

I stayed here on my first visit to Geneva and couldn't fault it.

There is a nice bright reception area and I had a private room with two single beds to myself - perfectly clean and comfortable night sleep. The bathroom directly across the hall meant it was practically en suite - they were very clean and the shower was great.

You can hear people in the corridor in the morning if they're noisy, but only a problem if you want to lie in.

The staff provided a useful map they'd produced with sights to see as well as suggesting how to get around.

The location is very central, with plenty of shops and supermarkets on Rue Lausanne. You can walk to the main train station in a few minutes and is ideally located for a short tram ride to the United Nations.

On the day I left I wasn't flying until 7pm and could get a padlock for there lockers for 10 franc deposit to leave there all day.

Good value.