“A cheap near the city centre”
Review of Hotel Central

Hotel Central
Ranked #47 of 106 Hotels in Geneva
Reviewed June 26, 2007

We were disappointed with this hotel which we staryed for 1 night in June 2007. The carpet in the room was badly stained and the breakfast which was served in the room was poor, just a croissant, jams and a drink . Good city centre location and fairly quiet. Difficult to find with only a small sign and even when this was found you still have to find a lift to you to reception.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family
7  Thank Derekstravels
There are newer reviews for Hotel Central

Reviewed June 24, 2007

My mom and I stayed at Hotel Central for two nights in early June 2007. It's a bit of a walk with luggage from the train station (about 15 minutes). The people at the front desk were very nice and spoke English. We loved the breakfast they served in the room that included croissants, and other breads, coffee, tea, and orange juice. We stayed in the "compact" room to save money. They aren't kidding about the compact part. It was very small, but clean. We had a small balcony, which was nice. When we entered our room, oddly enough we had to walk through the bathroom to get to our room. It gave us a good laugh, but it wasn't a big deal. The hotel is in the old town of Geneva, which is personally my favorite part of Geneva. It is literally steps away from the most popular shopping area of the city, which we found wonderful! Also there are two good restaurants just next door to the hotel that serve great pizza, salads, etc. I would definitely stay again, but I may opt for a bigger room.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family
5  Thank Leslimh
Reviewed May 21, 2007

We stayed in this hotel for two nights in May of 2005, and I can say without reservation that this hotel is an excellent choice. Geneva is an expensive (and wonderful) city, and this hotel is a good choice, especially considering the price. We stayed in a room for three persons, and, while the room was not that large, it was certainly adequate. The beds had the down comforters that seem to be standard issue in Switzerland. The included breakfast is delivered to your room and was very good. The hotel is in a very convenient location; a short walk from both old town and Lake Lehman. I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2005, traveled as a couple
5  Thank patzeric
Reviewed April 11, 2007

We stayed in this hotel for one night and it was just what we needed. The location was great and the staff were very friendly. I stayed with my 10 yr old son and we were able to rent a video for the evening to watch in our room which was handy. The restaurants just below are good too. The breakfast was quite basic but for the price this hotel was fine and I would def recommend it.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled with family
9  Thank travelwithakid
Reviewed January 15, 2007

My fiancee and I stayed in the Hotel Central for three nights this summer in Geneva, and it was part of the reason why Geneva became one of our favorite cities in Europe. The hotel has a great location, right in the heart of downtown and quite close to many of the tourist attractions of the old city. Our room--not sure if all do--had a relatively small balcony, which was nice for ambience. Breakfast is served to you in your room, at whatever time you arrange, and the staff was quite friendly. Finally, the price was quite reasonable, particularly for Geneva, which has some of the most expensive hotel rooms in the world.

The room is not enormous, but it is comfortable for two, particularly if you're going to spend 90% of your waking hours out enjoying the city. It is also a tad odd in that you enter the main room through the bathroom (using the bathroom when other guests are in the hallway right outside your door can be weird). Also, I've never seen a toilet that doubles as a paper shredder!

It's not luxury, but I'd strongly recommend Hotel Central for budget travelers who are mainly use their accommodations as a place to sleep and have breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled as a couple
11  Thank GelEGuy
Reviewed December 18, 2006

We really liked this hotel. It was very quaint and in a lovely part of the city. We booked the Junior Suite and it was very nice. The bed was quite comfortable. It was nice having the sitting room attached as I was sick for the first couple of days, so I had more room to stretch out. For the money this was a good deal. The breakfast was nothing fancy, but fresh and tasty. It was also nice having an English channel on the tv to give me something to watch. All in all, if you're on a budget this is a good choice, and being in the old part of the city was just a bonus. Less than one block from good shopping and good restaurants. We ate in the restaurant downstairs and it was delicious.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled on business
8  Thank AloraDanin
Reviewed November 21, 2006

My wife and I stayed at Hotel central in Geneva for two nights in September 2006, as part of a 60 day trip through Europe, on a (somewhat) limited budget.

We arrived by plane from UK after 11pm and whilst we found the hotel easily enough, we found it difficult to gain access. Seems that the buzzer didn't work on the front door. We then tried to call the hotel but the telephone prefix was somewhat tricky to work out, but thankfully we met a very helpful lass in the street who advised me of the number to use.

Once inside, we had a compact room, which was, well, compact really. Nevertheless, the room was clean, with no sign of 'foot fungus' and the European breakfast of Hot Chocolate (or coffee or tea), juice and pastries, was tasty and served promptly each day.

The hotel location was very good, with easy access to the old town, the lake, train station, etc.

Overall, if we went back to Geneva, we would stay at the Hotel Central again.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled as a couple