Lowest prices for your stay
$414
Official Site
$460
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
Trip.com
$396
Expedia.com$414
Priceline$414
Preferred Hotels$552
1,116 results
All reviews mirror bar lifestyle room old town lakeside room perfect location pillow menu lake view excellent hotel early check business trip concierge jet eau europe chocolate
Selected filters
Reviewed July 8, 2019

My family and I just returned from a two night stay here. The location is perfect and the lake front room views are beautiful. Don't miss the roof top bar. Breakfast was delicious and all the staff were very kind including the concierge and doormen. We would definitely stay here again.

Room tip: Lake front worth it.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
GM_Hotel_Metropole, Marketing Manager at Hotel Metropole Geneve, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2019

Dear Navigator420446,

Reviewed July 6, 2019 via mobile

Wonderful hotel with old school charm and modern features including A/C with classy rooftop bar near all of Genevas top restaurants and attractions. Less than 100ft from the metro line with a direct link to the airport. Excellent in all ways but get different pillows from the menu.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Robert M,

Reviewed July 4, 2019 via mobile

Yet again, i had a perfect stay in metropole geneve.
Joyce , like always welcomed me , as an old friend.
Room was comfortable , stylish , just great.
I would highly reccomend for everybody who wants to have a perfect stay in geneva
Peter

Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank imre2018

Dear imre2018,

Reviewed July 4, 2019 via mobile

I arrived at Hotel Metropole at 2:10pm after a 26 hour journey and asked to check-in early as I wanted to shower/had to get changed into business attire to attend a meeting later in the afternoon. The lady behind the counter at reception was not helpful/quite arrogant and asked me to wait till 3pm. Whilst the check-out time is 12, some rooms would no doubt be vacated earlier during the morning-so there is potential for the Metropole to make some rooms available for early check-in. Perhaps they need to employee additional room cleaning staff to facilitate this? (Hopefully hotel management will read this and implement the suggestion as this is a normal service hotel guests expect). My colleagues witnessed a similar scenario the following day when an hotel guest wanted to check in slightly before 3pm and the lady at reception was unhelpful.

I have stayed at the Metropole before and always get allocated a room at the back of the hotel facing the back street (ie not lake facing) - perhaps just bad luck....

It is a beautiful old building-Pitty no air-con in the passages / common areas. Bathrooms in the room quite small and dated (shower in bath).

Awesome roof top terrace with great views / nice vibe.

Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank alanmO9001SA

Dear alanmO9001SA,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

We're sorry to hear we didn't meet up to your expectations.
We will let our Front Office Manager know about your unfortunate experience with our Front Office staff to make sure it won't happen again.

As for the room view, please kindly note we offer different room categories (some with city side view, some with lake side view). Feel free to contact us directly next time your travel brings you to Geneva so we can assist you in the choice of the rooms.

We hope to welcoming you back soon.
Have a lovely day.

Reviewed July 3, 2019 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here in February for 3 nights. While it is a gorgeous hotel, I would not give this place a 5 star ratings. I would recommend this place to stay, but do not expect 5 star service ...

Pro’s :
1. location is key! You can walk anywhere
2. Safe and clean room (Geneva is pretty safe/quiet city in general).

Con’s: Service there is a bit touchy. Depends on who you talk to:

Ex: when I asked for a bottle of champagne to be delivered to our room for my husband birthday surprise, the man at the desk started to rattle off all the prices for the champagne. When I told him I didn’t care, just wanted the surprise for a chilled bottle at a certain time, he then started rolling his eyes and asking what time exactly, and again went back to the price point. He kept saying he didnt want to be responsible for anything. I found this odd so I told him “please just forget it. Never mind” he said OK and walked away.

When I asked the concierge for a great dinner recommendation for my husbands birthday (again trying to surprise my husband) The concierge was super helpful, friendly and made the reservation. When we came back to our room, there was a chilled bottle of champagne that I originally asked for, but I am 100% certain this was the concierge’s planning, rather than the man at the front desk.

Again, nothing terrible, just touchy customer service depending on who you talk to.

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Meghan H

Dear 423meghanh,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.
We're glad to hear you liked our room and convenient location.

We are very sorry about your experience with our Room Service and wish to assure you this is not in our standards. We will let our Director of Food & Beverage know about this unfortunate experience so he can make sure it won't happen again in the future.

We hope to welcoming you back soon.
Have a lovely day.