“I went there again and again” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Metropole Geneve

Hotel Metropole Geneve
Ranked #9 of 106 Hotels in Geneva
Ankara, Turkey
“I went there again and again”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2013

After my first stay I am not looking other options at Geneva any more. The staff, rooms, breakfast everything is high quality. And although very expensive Geneva is nice city to visit with lots of places to visit around.
Also the location is very good.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank 298656Eoo
ManagerGeneva, Responsable commercial at Hotel Metropole Geneve, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Dear Sir,

Many thanks for taking the time to post your feedback further to yours stays with us at the Swissôtel Métropole geneva.

The team always appreciates to receive feedback from our clients.

I was happy to read that you had each time an enjoyable stay with us

Thanking you again for your time and feedback and looking forward to welcoming you back again

Your Sincerely,

Director of Sales & Marketing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2013

I love Geneva and I love the Swissotel Metropole too. I have stayed there a number of times on business (between August and Dec 2012) and would not hesitate to make it my first choice if I was visiting for leisure. After a few visits I soon felt and home and as though I was coming to a hotel where I felt valued, special and safe; safety is important for a woman travelling alone.

From arriving in the taxi I was are offered help; everyone is very professional, polite and friendly; without being stuffy. Anything they can help you with, they will. From the Concierge desk to Recception, Bar, Restaurant and Room Service. I made some requests from both the Concierge Desk and Reception (which I thought may be over and above what I should be asking for) and straight away they said they would help and they did. Nothing is too much trouble. Wonderful!

The decor is lovely, the Mirror Bar is a lovely place to sit have a drink and a something to eat. They make delicious omelettes (not on the menu) but are happy to try to accommodate requests. There is plenty of choice, just sometimes you fancy something different.

The breakfast (which I didn't discover until later weeks) is amazing. If I hadn't had to go to work or I had got up 2 hours earlier, I could have spent this time just eating breakfast! What a selection, everything you could possibly want and the best scrambled egg I have ever tasted!

The rooms are comfortable and spotlessly clean. The heating and air con work well so you can control the temperature to your liking. The front rooms overlooking the lake are full of character and charm. Free Wi-fi and a tram pass are included for the duration of your stay.

To finish off, I would recommend this hotel to anyone. I can't think of anything they could improve on. I understand other people will have their favourites however, this is certainly mine.

Thank you to everyone and I WILL be back!

1 Thank Orange123456
Dear Madam, Der Sir,

Many thanks for your detailed and wonderful feedback on your stay with us at the Swissôtel Métropole Geneva.

We are very happy to read such a positive comment and rest assured that it will be shared with our colleagues who appreciate a feedback from our clients.

Sincerely looking forward to welcome you back in a not distant future, we thank you again for your time.

With best regards,

Hawick
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2013

Traveling around the world most of the year, I find the Metropole hotel in Geneva ideally situated, very friendly atmosphere. Nice modern rooms well renovated on rue du Rhône. Nice bar on the ground floor and good food at the restaurant.
Perfect hotel for business. Warm welcoming, fast check in and out, but rates are on the expensive side.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ManagerGeneva, Responsable commercial at Hotel Metropole Geneve, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear Madam,

Many thanks for taking the time to leave your comment through Trip Advisor further to your stay here at the Swissôtel Métropole Geneva.

I was glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and rest assured that your comments will be shared with the team

Thanking you again

Director of Sales and Marketing
Zanzibar Island, Tanzania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2012

The Swissôtel Geneva “The Metropole” is a hotel of the superlative. It is located on the same side of the lake, like the jet d’eau. We were booked into a renovated room, and they are really breathtaking. They are very modern and the size of the room is really big. The television is built into the mirror, which is located direct in front of the bed. The breakfast has a big selection of food and is really nice. If you want to go shopping, the hotel is located really well, because there are many shops and restaurants just in front of the hotel. We will surely return. It is a great and wonderful hotel!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ManagerGeneva, Responsable commercial at Hotel Metropole Geneve, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Dear Sir,

Many thanks for your positive feedback further to your stay here at the Swissôtel Métropole Geneva.

I was glad to read that you enjoyed your experience with us in our new rooms.

The team also always appreciate to receive so nice feedback from our clients

Yours sincerely

Istanbul, Turkey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2012

I'm a winter edicted person and I love Geneva in the sense that I feel as I'm at home where Swiss Hotel Metropole helps me to get the best satisfaction.
Due to my frequent business trips to Geneva, my preference has always been this prefect hotel
with perfect location.
Although the rates are on the expensive side, I'm sure that it is not because of the hotel but the life and city is expensive.
Warm welcoming, fast check in / out operations, good food are well appreciated. Will definitely choose the same hotel for my future trips.
Guray Tanfer

Room Tip: Located at the heart of shopping and business. Lake side rooms have marvellous view.
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear Sir,

Many thanks for taking the time to post your comments further to your stays with us here at the Swissôtel Métropole Geneva.

The team alway appreciate to receive feedback from our clients, especially the most loyal ones such as yourself.

I was happy to read that in general you feel at home with us.

Yours Sincerely

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

In Geneva for business, stayed at Swissotel Metropole for a second time. My first visit was very quick, in late one night, long day then fly early the next morning. This trip, I was in Geneva for 4 nights and was able to really enjoy the hotel much more. This is a fantastic facility and I loved being there. The room I stayed in was small, but very well laid out to maximize space and provide good function for the ample amount of time I spent working in the room. The hotel facility is very nice, a great feeling being there. The staff is very accomodating and friendly. I felt they would try to do anything I asked. The cost for staying here is very high, but it seems difficult to find any business friendly hotel for much less.

Dear Sir,

Many thanks for taking the time to post your feedback / Comment further to your stay with us at the Swissôtel Métropole Geneva. The team alway appreciate to receive feedback from our clients.

I was happy to read that in general you had an enjoyable stay with us

Best regards

New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2012

I stayed here on business - I would NEVER have been able to afford this place on my own. I know Geneva is expensive but the nightly rate was more than a NYC hotel and I didn't even get a view of the lake! But the hotel is definitely worth the money - fantastic service (the employee at the breakfast buffet remembered my name every morning) and very convenient location (right across the street from the lake and 5 minutes walk from my office and the shopping and Old Town). The rooms were on the small side but I think normal by European standards, and impeccably clean. I had a slight problem with the telephone not working, and they came to fix it right away. They leave lovely Swiss chocolates on your pillow every night. They even have a "pillow menu" so you can request a different pillow according to your liking. Not many English channels on the TV (mostly just news), but this is not a complaint, just a comment. The free (or included in the rate?) wifi was great - you get an access code, which is valid for only one device, but of course who just has one device these days! So the front desk gave me another access code so I could use both my laptop and my iPhone. And I didn't hear any noise from any other rooms, which is so common in a hotel.

I have no complaints, this hotel is lovely, so if you can afford it, stay here!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Sir,

We would like to thank you for having taken the time to share your experience at the Swissôtel Métropole Geneva with the Trip Advisor community.

We are most pleased to hear that you enjoyed the hotel services and public areas. Good comments such as yours are most important and useful for us. You may rest assured that they will be forwarded to all persons concerned.

Regarding your comments on our rates, please kindly note there are equivalent to those proposed in the other 5-star hotels in Geneva.

Looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon during your business trip, we remain,