“Excellent Hotel to Excellent City”

Hotel Metropole Geneve
Ranked #11 of 106 Hotels in Geneva
Reviewed December 20, 2012

I'm a winter edicted person and I love Geneva in the sense that I feel as I'm at home where Swiss Hotel Metropole helps me to get the best satisfaction.
Due to my frequent business trips to Geneva, my preference has always been this prefect hotel
with perfect location.
Although the rates are on the expensive side, I'm sure that it is not because of the hotel but the life and city is expensive.
Warm welcoming, fast check in / out operations, good food are well appreciated. Will definitely choose the same hotel for my future trips.
Guray Tanfer

Room Tip: Located at the heart of shopping and business. Lake side rooms have marvellous view.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
ManagerGeneva, Responsable commercial at Hotel Metropole Geneve, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Dear Sir,

Many thanks for taking the time to post your comments further to your stays with us here at the Swissôtel Métropole Geneva.

The team alway appreciate to receive feedback from our clients, especially the most loyal ones such as yourself.

I was happy to read that in general you feel at home with us.

Yours Sincerely

There are newer reviews for Hotel Metropole Geneve

Reviewed December 11, 2012

In Geneva for business, stayed at Swissotel Metropole for a second time. My first visit was very quick, in late one night, long day then fly early the next morning. This trip, I was in Geneva for 4 nights and was able to really enjoy the hotel much more. This is a fantastic facility and I loved being there. The room I stayed in was small, but very well laid out to maximize space and provide good function for the ample amount of time I spent working in the room. The hotel facility is very nice, a great feeling being there. The staff is very accomodating and friendly. I felt they would try to do anything I asked. The cost for staying here is very high, but it seems difficult to find any business friendly hotel for much less.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Lynn B

Dear Sir,

Many thanks for taking the time to post your feedback / Comment further to your stay with us at the Swissôtel Métropole Geneva. The team alway appreciate to receive feedback from our clients.

I was happy to read that in general you had an enjoyable stay with us

Thanking you again for your time and feedback and looking forward to welcoming you back again

Best regards

Reviewed December 1, 2012

I stayed here on business - I would NEVER have been able to afford this place on my own. I know Geneva is expensive but the nightly rate was more than a NYC hotel and I didn't even get a view of the lake! But the hotel is definitely worth the money - fantastic service (the employee at the breakfast buffet remembered my name every morning) and very convenient location (right across the street from the lake and 5 minutes walk from my office and the shopping and Old Town). The rooms were on the small side but I think normal by European standards, and impeccably clean. I had a slight problem with the telephone not working, and they came to fix it right away. They leave lovely Swiss chocolates on your pillow every night. They even have a "pillow menu" so you can request a different pillow according to your liking. Not many English channels on the TV (mostly just news), but this is not a complaint, just a comment. The free (or included in the rate?) wifi was great - you get an access code, which is valid for only one device, but of course who just has one device these days! So the front desk gave me another access code so I could use both my laptop and my iPhone. And I didn't hear any noise from any other rooms, which is so common in a hotel.

I have no complaints, this hotel is lovely, so if you can afford it, stay here!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank MLQP2010

Dear Sir,

We would like to thank you for having taken the time to share your experience at the Swissôtel Métropole Geneva with the Trip Advisor community.

We are most pleased to hear that you enjoyed the hotel services and public areas. Good comments such as yours are most important and useful for us. You may rest assured that they will be forwarded to all persons concerned.

Regarding your comments on our rates, please kindly note there are equivalent to those proposed in the other 5-star hotels in Geneva.

Looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon during your business trip, we remain,

Reviewed November 29, 2012

It was my first stay in this hotel and definitely one of the best among all my visits to Geneva for business. I was warmly met at arrival and my very early check- out was pleasant. Besides I really appreciate smiling personnel. Will use to stay at this hotel when coming to Geneva

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank Tashunia
ManagerGeneva, Responsable commercial at Hotel Metropole Geneve, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

Dear Madam,

Many thanks for taking the time to post your feedback and comments further to your stay with us here at the Swissôtel Métropole Geneva.

I was glad to read your wonderful comments and rest assured that they are shared with our teams who particularly appreciate receiving direct feedback from our clients.

Yours is particularly encouraging and helps to continue our quest for quality and personal care to all our clients

Your Sincerely

Director of Sales and Marketing

Reviewed November 26, 2012

The swissotel Metropole is located in the heart of Geneva and has fantastic views over the lake.
I stayed for a short trip to visit customers but would not hesitate to return for longer with my family . All the staff were attentive and friendly . I especially liked the mirror bar for pre dinner mojitos !!

Room Tip: suite 110 with lake view awesome !!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank tiepa

Dear Sir,

Many thanks for taking the time to post your comments and feedback further to your stay with us here at the Swissôtel Métropole Geneva.

I was glad to read that you truly enjoyed your stay and more particularly your experience at the Mirror Bar.

Rest assured that your comments are shared with the team who particularly appreciate to receive direct feedback from our clients

Hoping to welcoming you back again with family

Your Sincerely

Director of Sales and Marketing

Reviewed November 25, 2012

This was my third time at this hotel, and as with the previous times i don't quite have this 5 star feeling about it. Ok, they have refurbishedbthe rooms, but if you pick for the regular rooms then you get the real Geneva experience of cramped rooms for a crazy price. CHF 390 for a night isn't cheap, and then you may get a little more demanding. This excludes breakfast which is at Chf 42. It is not worth it, especially if around the corner you have a couple of great bars and Globus where for 10 chf you get a good breakfast too. Anyway, the location of the hotel is probably the main reason, next to a luxurious experience, to stay here. It is difficult to find a price value place in Geneva so I will settle on this one, but anywhere else i would have gotten a little more critical about this.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Dear Sir,

I would like to thank you for having taken the time to share your experience at the Métropole Geneva.

It is a real pleasure for us to see your loyalty to our hotel and to read that you enjoy your previous stays,

Regarding your comments on rates for both room and breakfast , please kindly note this is equivalent to these proposed in the other 5-star hotels in Geneva.

Despite this, I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel on a future occasion.

I would like to thank you again for your feedback.

Your sincerely

Reviewed November 20, 2012

One of my favourite hotels, superb location with fabulous access to the shops and city centre. The hotel in itself has fantastic classical door with marble and fresco ceilings. The staff always happy to help and meet and greet every customer. This time th forgot my early morning call, could have been an issue if I had not had a back up!!

Room Tip: a high floor, over looking the sides as the front and back over look busy streets,unless of our you...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
ManagerGeneva, Responsable commercial at Hotel Metropole Geneve, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2012

Dear Sir,

Many thanks for taking the time to express yours comments with so many details further to your stay here at the Swissôtel Métropole Geneva.

I was glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us from start top the end, we are constantly trying to deliver the Swiss hospitality at its very best.

I apologise again for the missed early morning call.

Rest assured that your comments will be shared with the team

Thanking you again