Hotel Metropole Geneve
  • Restaurant
  • Fitness center
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Free Internet
All reviewsrooftop barmirror barsteam showerjardin anglaisold townflower clocklakeside roomlake viewleft banklake genevajet d'eaupillow menuperfect locationbeautiful roombeautiful hotelpublic areasjunior suite
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 1, 2012

When visiting Geneva, it is clear that you must stay here. There is no comparison with any of the many other hotels that I have stayed in when in Geneva over the past 10 years. As with most things in life, if you able to pay a modest premium over the others then you will be amply rewarded with a level of an excellent level of comfort, service and space. It is always exceptionally useful to have a fast internet connection in your room. The restaurant has top class cuisine, whilst for a late night drink and snack the bar is worth a visit.

Room Tip: Ask for a lakeside room if you want a spectacular view. But for more peace go for higher floors.
1  Thank Timothy E
ManagerGeneva, Responsable commercial at Hotel Metropole Geneve, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2012

Dear Sir,

Many thanks for taking the time to fill in our internet satisfaction questionnaire further to your stay here at the Swissôtel Métropole Geneva.

I was glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and rest assured that your comments will be shared with the team

Thanking you again

Reviewed November 1, 2012

Have just recently returned from Geneva on a business trip. Was booked into the Swissotel Metropole by my colleagues and was delighted with the welcome and service that I received. The reception staff were very helpful and indeed brought me to my room and showed me around. Luggage arrived at my room within minutes of my getting there. The room, although a little small was very comfortable. Breakfast the following morning was also very good. I would certainly recommend this hotel to anyone thinking of visiting Geneva.

1  Thank IrishLadyDublin

Dear Madam,

We would like to thank you for having taken the time to share your experience at the Swissôtel Métropole Geneva with the Trip Advisor Community.

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel. Good comments such as yours are most important and useful for us. You may rest assured that they will be forwarded to all persons concerned.

Looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed October 27, 2012

This was the first time I stayed at the Swissotel Metropole Geneva and what a surprise. On checking in I had one on one service all the way to my room with the receptionist leading the way. Before I could close the door as the receptionist was leaving my luggage arrived. This location is excellent and just minutes from all the high-end shops and restaurants and just a 10 minute walk across the bridge to the rest of the city and night life. Yes, rooms may not be as large as other properties but you must remember this property is a historic restoration. Besides most Europeans are outside at the bars, cafes, etc. Why are you spending so much time in the room? Of course the room accommodations are the top of the line. The hotel bar provides great ambience and again great service . I not only experienced the bar but the restaurant in the evening. The dinner prices at the hotel were better than the high-end restaurants that I reviewed in the area. Last but not least, my breakfast was included, again with great service and food to start the day. Would I stay here again, absolutely if you want to be pampered... this is the place.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank James F

Dear Sir,

Many thanks for taking the time to express yours comments with so many details further to your stay here at the Swissôtel Métropole Geneva.

I was glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us from start top the end, we are constantly trying to deliver the Swiss hospitality at its very best.

Rest assured that your comments will be shared with the team

Thanking you again

Reviewed October 25, 2012

All pretty average. Even the experience was kind of blah. Not bad, just nothing that stood out or that I would write home about. The location is great and the lobby is very nice, but the EOMs are terribly small for a luxury European hotel at this price point.

1  Thank Leavingonajetplane21

Dear Sir,

We would like to thank you for having taken the time to share your experience at the Swissôtel Métropole Geneva with the Trip Advisor community.

We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the hotel location and public the lobby architecture.

Regarding your comments on room size, please kindly note there are equivalent to those proposed in the other 5-star hotels in Geneva.

Should we have the chance of welcoming you back soon, I will invite you to book another room category with more space to make your stay a better one.

Best regards

Reviewed October 15, 2012

Having stayed previously in other 5 star hotels along the lake in Geneva, this is the only one that I have no hesitation in returning to again.

The location is excellent, close to the shops and facing onto the lake to give a great view. The customer service was excellent. All staff were welcoming and accommodating, which has not always been my observation whilst staying in other 5 star hotels nearby. A classy place to stay. Traditional elegance with a modern slant and thankfully no pretentiousness .

The only issues I have is the lack of parking onsite and the pillows were too soft for my liking.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
ManagerGeneva, Responsable commercial at Hotel Metropole Geneve, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2012

Dear Madam,

We would like to thank you for having taken the time to share your experience at the Swissôtel Métropole Genève with the Trip Advisor Community.

We have also taken good note of your remarks concerning the car park onsite as well as the pillow in your room.

Looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon, please let us know when we you make your reservation and we will be happy to assist.

with best regards,