“Very nice stay”

Ranked #9 of 106 Hotels in Geneva
Marrakech, Morocco
“Very nice stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

Very nice stay....as usual.
I some to Geneva about 3 to 4 times a year, always at this hotel.
Very convenient location, and very nice place to stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com

ManagerGeneva, Responsable commercial at Hotel Metropole Geneve, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Dear Sir, Dear Madam,

We would like to thank you for having taken the time to share your experience at the Swissôtel Métropole Genève with the Trip Advisor community.

We would like to thank you very much for your loyalty towards the hotel.

We are most pleased to hear that each time you enjoy the hotel services and public areas. Good comments such as yours are most important and useful for us. You may rest assured that they will be forwarded to all persons concerned.

Looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

with best regards,

Director of Sales & Marketing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
New York, New York, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

I stayed at this hotel a month ago and was actually very happy with my stay. I am an elite member of Fairmont Hotels President’s Club and receive stay credit at Swissôtels so try to keep my stays in the Fairmont family.

Upon arrival you are immediately greeted at the main entrance and walked to reception. This stay started with a bit of a hiccup at check-in when they could not find my confirmed reservation but the front desk handled the issue with grace and professionalism. They invited us to have a coffee in the lounge (just across from check-in) while things were sorted and I believe it was one of the managers who kept giving us updates. In the end we were offered the choice between the room we had booked (an Advantage-level room) or a junior suite – which of course was a no-brainer and we took the junior suite. We were shown to our room, which was indeed quite lovely, on the top floor of rooms in the hotel (the beautiful roof terrace was one flight above us). All in all, the delay only took perhaps 15 minutes for them to sort out and we were taken care of the entire time.

The room itself was very nice and appeared to be newly renovated. By Geneva standards it was a very large room with large sitting area, bedroom area, and very large bathroom with separate shower. There was a window in the sitting area (facing the city) and one in the bedroom which faced Lake Geneva and the famous Jet d’Eau. Everything about the room was fresh, crisp, and polished. A host of Bvlgari amenities were on hand in the bathroom and a spread of sweet and savory welcome nibbles were set in sitting area. There were three televisions in the room (sitting area, bedroom, and bathroom). The only slight issue was that an iron and ironing board had to be requested and it took a couple of calls to housekeeping to secure them.

The roof terrace which provides the most beautiful views of the lake and the city is not to be missed. There is ample seating and should you desire any food or drink you simply dial room service and it is brought up to you. The bar/lounge was a most welcome respite after a day of exploring Geneva. The bartender could not have been more accommodating and mixed a truly great cocktail. The hotel restaurant, Le Grand Quai was also exception but I will post a separate review for it.

As long as you remember this is Geneva and most everything is at a premium – including space – you will not be disappointed. Is the hotel expensive – absolutely, but I felt that it was well worth it given its service and location (which cannot be beat). It is a charming old world style hotel that has character which is important to me when I travel. I will definitely be back at this hotel on my next trip to Geneva.

Room Tip: Definitely go for a lake view room and get a higher floor if possible.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Sir,

Many thanks for taking the time to post your feedback further to your stay with us at the Swissôtel Métropole Geneva. The team always appreciates to receive feedback from our clients.

I was happy to read that in general you had an enjoyable stay with us

Thanking you again for your time and feedback and looking forward to welcoming you back again

Director of Sales & Marketing
DOHA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

from beginning: location is very good, staff were so friendly and helpful ,i also like the Hospitality
chick in easy, I upgraded to suit it was so beautiful , classic and big with nice bathroom
I will recommend other people to stay in that hotel

Room Tip: room with street view
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank AHMED M
ManagerGeneva, Responsable commercial at Hotel Metropole Geneve, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Dear Sir,

Many thanks for taking the time to post your feedback further to your stay with us at the Swissôtel Métropole Geneva. The team always appreciate to receive feedback from our clients.

Your Sincerely

Director of Sales and Marketing
Athens
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

I have been staying at the Metropole for over 12 years, at least 3 times per year.
The stay is always excellent and the service at a solid very high level.
Located perfectly.
The hotel and staff are always up to a very high level ! The new designed rooms are giving a very fresh and modern feeling. It was the only thing i would have recommended, but the did it before that !
I sincerely highly recommend it.
Alex M.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Your Sincerely

Director of Sales and Marketing
Marbella
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2012

I usually stay at l'hotel de la paix but it was fully booked so i chose the swissotel due to its convenient location for my purposes. in a very nice building i found the room to be very small, i was told that these were the smallest rooms in the hotel, so i don't want to generalise. I was a bit dissapointed by a few small things like the fact that the bottles of water in my room had been opened and used and that i had to request my room to be made in the afternoon. also a bit strange was a member of staff just walked into my room while i was in there for turn down service although i was having a rest after a long flight, it took some effort to shoo her away! on the whole the stay was fine, and i must say that the level of service from the front desk and bar and restaurant was superbe. being in switzerland one can always gripe at the prices, but the food i had in the restaurant was actually cheaper than the food i had in the bar, which i found a bit strange. i dont think anyone will have a bad stay here it just doesnt feel on the whole to be at swiss standards for this category of hotel.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank bjm20
ManagerGeneva, General Manager at Hotel Metropole Geneve, responded to this review, September 29, 2012
Dear guest, I really appreciate your feedback as we are aiming for the best service delivery and true Swiss hospitality. Unfortunately the surface of some of our guest rooms is rather limited; especially compared to newer hotel buildings. This is due to the Métropole being a historical property from the 18th century. I have well noted the small operational shortfalls you had to experience and I would like to sincerely apologize for them. I have brought them up in our quality comitee and we have further refined our internal procedures to make sure these issues will not occur again in the future. It is great that you were impressed with the level of service from the front desk, the bar and the restaurant. We would be pleased to welcome you back soon to Swissôtel Métropole. Best Regards, Stefan Winistoerfer, General Manager
Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2012

I have stayed here a couple of times, its a typical business hotel located on the lakeside, the accommodation was nice the room well-furnished and pleasant.

The only place to sit outside is very noisy from the traffic; it isn’t pleasant when trying to relax.
Its expensive, but its Switzerland

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
ManagerGeneva, General Manager at Hotel Metropole Geneve, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Dear Guest, First of all thank you very much for your loyalty. Your feedback is important to us as we always want to improve our product and services. It is a fact that the location of the hotel is great but unfortunately when sitting outside on the ground floor summer terrace, sometimes noise from traffic can appear. We are currently working on a project that will hopefully us to welcome guests as of next Summer on our fantastic rooftop panoramic terrace...! It would be a pleasure to welcome you back in this new, relaxing environment. Kind Regards, Stefan Winistoerfer.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here for one night, joining my partner who was in Geneva on business. Staff are so very helpful. I was provided with a travel pass for local transport which was very useful. Situated close to the lake, the location is wonderful. Although the room was on the small side it was very comfortable with every need catered for. I loved the Mirror Bar, very elegant, I am looking forward to my next visit later in the year.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest, thank you very much for having posted your feedback. I am glad to hear that my colleagues looked well after you and that you will be coming back to stay with us later on this year. We are looking forward to welcoming you back to Swissôtel Métropole and Geneva. Yours sincerely, Stefan Winistoerfer, General Manager.