“Highly recommended business hotel”

Hotel InterContinental Geneve
Ranked #13 of 106 Hotels in Geneva
Reviewed March 16, 2014

Despite a brief but hectic 24 hour visit to Geneva, this hotel really made the trip memorable and certainly exceeded my expectations. I received a genuinely warm, polite welcome from all the staff and my room was immaculately presented and maintained. The room was a good size and really quiet, the bathroom was excellent and the general fit and finish of the hotel is certainly impressive. I'll definitely consider returning when I revisit Geneva. However this review is based on the fact that I didn't eat in the hotel restaurant, whilst the choice on offer was magnificent, so were the prices! Being in Geneva the hotel is easily accessible using the excellent public transport system, ideal to explore the city if you have the time. To sum up, a brilliant business hotel, if you're on business expenses!

Room Tip: My side room on floor 10 was ideal, brilliant mountain view and very quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
InterContinentalGVA, Directeur général at Hotel InterContinental Geneve, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2014

Dear Sir,

We would like to thank you for having taken the time to share your experience at the InterContinental Genève with the Trip Advisor Community.

We are most delighted to hear that you enjoyed your short stay at the hotel. Very positive comments such as yours are really important and useful for us. You may rest assured that they will be forwarded to all persons concerned.

Looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon, we remain,

There are newer reviews for Hotel InterContinental Geneve

Reviewed February 20, 2014

This is the second time that I stayed in this hotel during the past six months. In last August I stayed in IC Geneva for 7 nights. This time I travelled alone to Geneva to visit my son and stayed here for 4 nights. I got the same fantastic experience as during my last stay.

My trip did not start well as I got neck pain, which made it difficult to uplift my heavy luggage, and serious flu immediately before I aboard the plane in Hong Kong. My husband informed Vincent, the front office supervisor, about my problem by email. When I arrived the hotel, I received warm welcome and great assistance in handling my two heavy luggages until I got into my room. Vincent upgraded my room that is big and has magnificient views. With excellent sleep quality in such a wonderful room, I recovered very well from my flu and was able to tour around Geneva with my son next day. On the day I returned to Hong Kong, Vincent helped me to take my luggages to the nearby bus stop as my son was unable to come that morning. Thanks to the wonderful arrangement and assistance of Vincent!!

The hotel is not at the city centre but with convenient transport that can take you to both the town centre and Geneva airport in less than 10 minutes. It is a truly luxury hotel, surrounded by beautiul environment and international organizations such as UN, WHO, etc., but its price is very competitive among hotels of similar class in Geneva. Hotel staff and services are excellent that makes you feeling at home. If you are a person that wish to enjoy life but yet at a reasonable price, you must stay at least once in IC Geneva when you visit Switzerland.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank JohnCHongKong
InterContinentalGVA, Directeur général at Hotel InterContinental Geneve, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

Dear Madam,

It was again a real pleasure to welcome you and your husband back to the hotel on the occasion for your yearly visit to Geneva. We are sincerely pleased to hear that our team members and especially Vincent have once again exceeded your expectations, offering you a more unique and memorable stay.

You may rest assured that your highly positive comments have been forwarded to all concerned.

Needless to say you will be always most welcome to the InterContinental Genève, should your plans bring you back to the City of Calvin. I look forward to meeting you on that occasion.

In the meantime, we wish you all the best and remain,

Reviewed February 18, 2014

Apparently the renovation did wonders for this hotel. It's really nice inside with a huge lobby with numerous options for drinking and eating and really cozy fireplaces. Rooms are large and well maintained. Bathrooms a bit small, but didn't spend much time in there anyway. The only drawbacks to the hotel are the location and the price. The location is fine if you are not planning on leaving the hotel but if you are the type that likes to explore your neighborhood, there are not restaurants, shops or bars nearby. It's Geneva, so the public transportation is excellent, but sometimes you just want to walk next door and get a pint that not $25. That bring me to price. It's crazy expensive. Two juices and a tea were $70. I didn't even try to eat. Since there is nothing nearby, you are kind of stuck paying the high prices.

In conclusion, great business hotel, especially if you are not paying and plan to just stay in the hotel and not explore.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank richtank
InterContinentalGVA, Directeur général at Hotel InterContinental Geneve, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2014

Dear Sir,

We would like to thank you for having taken the time to share your experience at the InterContinental Genève with the Trip Advisor community.

We highly appreciate good comments such as yours and you may rest assured that they have been forwarded to the concerned persons.

For your information, we are indeed not located in the city centre but a travel pass is offered to each guest so that they can explore Geneva with Geneva Public Transports, this free of charge. The bus n°5 stops just in front of the hotel and it takes only 10 minutes to go downtown or to the airport.
You have also some good restaurants in the neighbourhood, at a reasonable walking distance. Our concierge team would have been delighted to give you more details.

If we may, we would like also to clarify the point you raised regarding F&B prices: two juices and a tea actually cost around CHF 35.--, USD 70.-- is the tariff we charge for breakfast.

Hoping we will have the pleasure to welcoming you back soon, should your plans bring you back to Geneva, we remain,

Reviewed February 13, 2014

this hotel far superseded my expectations. The room was great, spacious and everything one could want in an up market hotel, The staff were excellent and I would certainly return here. The only downside is for me it's location, although close to the airport and the UN

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank vivthetraveller

Dear Sir,

We are delighted to hear that you spent a pleasant and comfortable stay at the hotel and that service exceeded your expectations. Very good comments such as yours are quite important and useful for us. It goes without saying that they have been forwarded to all the team members concerned.

Looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to the InterContinental Genève in a not too distant future, we remain,

Reviewed February 12, 2014

Ok luxury hotel, not close to city centre but you get a bus ticket for free.
Rooms old but large enough for 2 adults and two kids.
Breakfast very good.
Price very competitive for 5 stars in Geneva.
Good choice if you are on business and don't expect to much from your 5 stars.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
InterContinentalGVA, Directeur général at Hotel InterContinental Geneve, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2014

Dear Sir, Dear Madam,

We are delighted to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay at the hotel last November. Good comments such as yours as quite important and useful for us, so you may rest assured that they will be forwarded to all persons concerned.

For your information, our guestrooms have been recently refurbished by the famous New-Yorker designer Tony Chi.

Looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon, for business or leisure, we remain,

Reviewed February 8, 2014

I stayed in this hotel in January for 3 nights. Even though the location is not the best in town, it is still about 15' walking distance from the center. There is also a bus stop right outside the entrance. The hotel has a great vibe! Nice decor and very friendly staff. The rooms are spacious and decorated in style. Breakfast buffet has pretty much anything you might ask for. It can get very busy though between 7-8:30, so try to avoid this time (I had to wait for about 10' to be seated...). Fairly priced as well. I will be going back! Interconti is always a safe bet!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
InterContinentalGVA, Directeur général at Hotel InterContinental Geneve, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2014

Dear Sir, Dear Madam,

We are most delighted to hear that you spent a comfortable 3-night stay last January. Good comments such as yours are most important for us and you may be rest assured they will be forwarded to all persons concerned.

Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

Good if you want to stay close to the AirPort but far from everything else. There is nothing around the hotel, no restaurants, no shops. The staff is nice and friendly.The bathroom is very, very small and could use a renovation. Otherwise a good enough hotel.

Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank CristinaMAC
InterContinentalGVA, Directeur général at Hotel InterContinental Geneve, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2014

Dear Madam,

Good comments such as yours are quite important and useful for us. You may rest assured that they have been forwarded to the concerned persons.

Furthermore, we are indeed not located in the city centre but, for your information, a travel pass is offered to each guest so that they can explore Geneva with Geneva Public Transports, this free of charge. The bus n°5 stops just in front of the hotel and it takes only 10 minutes to go downtown or to the airport.
You have also some few very good restaurants in the neighbourhood, at a reasonable walking distance. Our concierge team would have been delighted to give you more details.

Should your plans bring you back to Geneva, we hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you to the hotel again.

In the meantime, we remain,