This is a pleasant business hotel, largely updated to modern standards (although some parts reveal its Sixties origins). I stayed there for a conference.
- generally modern comfortable rooms
- conveniently between airport and town
- pleasant bar with nice food
- nice views from the higher rooms (although I faced France rather than the lake)
- good level of service
- big heated pool
- wifi works well
Not so good:
- expensive (welcome to Switzerland)
- rooms and particularly bathrooms are small, and some bathrooms a bit dated
- can be noisy, between external road noise, noises if you are near the lifts and elderly aircon. I asked to be moved away from the lifts, and went from the 5th to the 16th floor where I slept much better. But the staff were very good about moving me.
- quite far from town (taxi to the old town was a whopping 35 francs)
I was horrified (on behalf of my employer) at the 40 franc+ breakfast and went to café in the shopping centre round the back - recommended if your breakfast needs don't go much beyond coffee and fresh orange juice.
All in all I'd recommend it - I wouldn't have my honeymoon there but it is a decent place to stay on a business trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The InterContinental 5-star luxury hotel, newly redesigned provides amazing views of the Mont Blanc, of Lake Geneva and Geneva City. It's a 3-minute walk from the United Nations and within a 5-minute drive from the International Centre of Congress CICG and the Palexpo Exhibition Centre. The spacious and elegant 333 rooms and Suites at the InterContinental Geneva have free Wi-Fi, free tea and coffee-making facilities, are air-conditioned and feature cable TV. Dining options include modern international cuisine and seasonal specialties served in the gourmet restaurant, which features a well-stocked wine cellar and a terrace. At the bar Les Nations, guests can enjoy a wide range of drinks, listen to live piano music, and browse in books and magazines. A sophisticated urban-style bar, Le Fumoir seduces you with its original cocktails and a selection of international cigars. The 4306 ft² Spa by Clarins provides a complete set of beauty and massage treatments. The health and fitness center is open 24 hours and there's a seasonal outdoor pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Agoda, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel InterContinental Geneve reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Hotel Geneva
- Intercontinental Hotel Geneve