I recently stayed at this Intercontinental in Geneva for several days. I have, as a Platinum Ambassador with their loyalty program, have stayed at other Intercontinental hotels, but none have compared to this one. The doorman greeted us and we entered the superb lobby. The staff are welcoming and very polite, Vincent was brilliant and recognized my status and an upgrade to an Executive suite was given.
Ricardo effortlessly moved all our bags and belongings from our car to suite, and was extremely courteous and helpful with questions I had about Geneva, organizing us a map and two free public transport passes, Superb. The concierge desk was wonderful and assisted with a tour of the city and lake. The staff are attentive and warm.
Do not be put off by the outside appearance of the building as driving up it looks like an eastern block 60,s Russian embassy, this was the style when this Hotel was built. Though once you go through those grand front doors, you see the results of the very extensive and complete refurbishment this hotel had between 2005 and 2009. It's Grand, Stylish and Sheik.
It is obvious that there is excellent management here, the vibe was very good and a few staff mentioned in my discussions on how involved and hands on the General Manager is and spoke of him,
( Jurgen Baumhoff ) with admiration of his management. He to sent us a lovely welcome card and a box of chocolates, a very nice gesture indeed.
The room was beautiful with everything you could want, very good super comfortable bed, plenty of pillows, and the bathroom was one of the very best I've had the pleasure to wash in, a separate over head rain shower, pours the perfect temperature water, there's a separate hand shower and separate bath tub with complimentary bath salts, along with all the other wonderful high quality amenities. The housekeeping is seamless and came regularly and were excellent, and we never saw them, nor trolleys in the halls it's like there invisible, quite brilliant and again a sign of good management.
The Wood Restaurant and bar are lovely we had lunch out in the garden terrace which is beautifully set out and the service was simply excellent with Jean Pierre and Kevin both suburb hosts and passionate about their Hotel. They guided us through the menu and made some very good suggestions taking my partners vegetarianism into account.
We really enjoyed this property. The hotel is not located directly in the city Center but it is still easy to go anywhere as there is a bus station called the Intercontinental, in front of the hotel that brings you at the main station down near the lake or the airport in less than 10 minutes. The United Nations is just a few minutes walk and you have several more public transportation options there.
This year in June 2013 the Priority Rewards club gets a revamp, a new name and new benefits, with some better reward opportunities and will be called the IHG Rewards Club, so look out for those exciting changes. As an IHG Platinum Elite Ambassador, for ten years, I can Highly recommend this Hotel and the IHG free rewards program. I am truly looking forward to visiting again soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The InterContinental 5-star luxury hotel, newly redesigned provides amazing views of the Mont Blanc, of Lake Geneva and Geneva City. It's a 3-minute walk from the United Nations and within a 5-minute drive from the International Centre of Congress CICG and the Palexpo Exhibition Centre. The spacious and elegant 333 rooms and Suites at the InterContinental Geneva have free Wi-Fi, free tea and coffee-making facilities, are air-conditioned and feature cable TV. Dining options include modern international cuisine and seasonal specialties served in the gourmet restaurant, which features a well-stocked wine cellar and a terrace. At the bar Les Nations, guests can enjoy a wide range of drinks, listen to live piano music, and browse in books and magazines. A sophisticated urban-style bar, Le Fumoir seduces you with its original cocktails and a selection of international cigars. The 4306 ft² Spa by Clarins provides a complete set of beauty and massage treatments. The health and fitness center is open 24 hours and there's a seasonal outdoor pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, IHG, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Agoda, Booking.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel InterContinental Geneve reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Hotel Geneva
- Intercontinental Hotel Geneve