The common area, especially the reception is very grand and impressive. This impression does not last long. The staff at check in and concierge desk are quite poor. I was given a smoking room when I asked for non-smoking on check-in. I was told I would get non-smoking but on entering the room it was obvious someone previously had been smoking in it. This itself was not as much of an issue for me but when I called reception to inform them, their reaction was not to apologise but to send another member of staff to verify what I had just told them! Once my observation was verified, I was allocated another room promptly, but there was not apology or admission of mistake on behalf of the check-in staff. The lifts, corridor and room decor is quite tacky as one would expect in a premierinn or travelodge. All of this experience would be OK if this wasn't meant to be a 5 star hotel where one pays for and expects better service. The breakfast was also quite poor but in contrast, the prices in the restaurant are exorbitant! I'm certainly not returning and neither are my 2 colleagues who were similarly disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The InterContinental 5-star luxury hotel, newly redesigned provides amazing views of the Mont Blanc, of Lake Geneva and Geneva City. It's a 3-minute walk from the United Nations and within a 5-minute drive from the International Centre of Congress CICG and the Palexpo Exhibition Centre. The spacious and elegant 333 rooms and Suites at the InterContinental Geneva have free Wi-Fi, free tea and coffee-making facilities, are air-conditioned and feature cable TV. Dining options include modern international cuisine and seasonal specialties served in the gourmet restaurant, which features a well-stocked wine cellar and a terrace. At the bar Les Nations, guests can enjoy a wide range of drinks, listen to live piano music, and browse in books and magazines. A sophisticated urban-style bar, Le Fumoir seduces you with its original cocktails and a selection of international cigars. The 4306 ft² Spa by Clarins provides a complete set of beauty and massage treatments. The health and fitness center is open 24 hours and there's a seasonal outdoor pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, IHG, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel InterContinental Geneve reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Hotel Geneva
- Intercontinental Hotel Geneve