“Possibly best choice in Geneva”

Hotel InterContinental Geneve
Ranked #15 of 105 Hotels in Geneva
CA
“Possibly best choice in Geneva”
Reviewed June 2, 2012

I came after hotel's refurbishment. The lobby and several study/meeting areas around lobby are very tastefully decorated. It's the kind of taste good enough to be featured in Architecture Digest. I am here for a conference so there are many finance guys in their best looking suits. What really distinguish this hotel is probably the elite guests that are staying here. This is the place where you can put on your best clothes and no need to feel you are too dressed up. My corner suite has fresh white roses and orchid. It's the kind of white roses arrangements you see in Ralph Lauren Home. Even Ritz doesn't put fresh white roses...Also there is Nespresso coffee machine in room. I don't know how to use it and I don't have time to use it but it just look nice there.

My corner suite has a nice view of Geneva lake (and its fountain), and mountains. I love the way I have a view and no noise of cars. As I walk around lake, I noticed that Four Seasons is right next to a heavy traffic street. Also several other hotels that have good lake view room in their web photos actually are all next to a busy street. What happen is that no hotel is right next to lake without a busy street in between it. So if you want some peace in sleep, I suppose this hotel is even better than Four Seasons.

There is a bus stop near the hotel. So remember to ask the hotel for a free bus ticket. (many people don't know that). You can also get a free bus ticket BEFORE you walk out of customs in the airport.

Room Tip: Get a corner suite if you can. You will be a lot happier about your stay. (assuming you are being re...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank happyvaio
InterContinentalGVA, Directeur général at Hotel InterContinental Geneve, responded to this review, June 5, 2012
Dear Sir, Dear Madam,

We would like to thank you for having taken the time to share your experience at the InterContinental Genève with the Trip Advisor Community.

We are more than delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay in your Corner Suite and appreciated the hotel décor and services. Very good and constructive comments such as yours are most important and useful for us. You may rest assured that they will be forwarded to all persons concerned.

We really look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon to the hotel. In the meantime we remain,

Michel Perret

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Orchard Road, Singapore
Reviewed May 25, 2012

much improved level of service compared to my earlier experience.particularly room service is much improved so is the check in and welcome.

Dear Sir,

We are really pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciated the hotel services. Good comments such as yours are most important and useful for us. You may rest assured that they will be forwarded to all persons concerned.

Looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon to the hotel, we remain,

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 14, 2012

most probably the best concierge service i came across. Attention to details is second to none.
If you are a diplomat, Sheikh, business traveller, watch dealer, jeweller, meeting at the United Nations or any of the non-govermental offices, this hotel is simply ideal.
Location/service/style/luxury/space... Best buy surely.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
InterContinentalGVA, Directeur général at Hotel InterContinental Geneve, responded to this review, May 16, 2012
Dear Sir, Dear Madam,

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Very good comments such as yours are most important and useful for us. You may rest assured that they will be forwarded to all persons concerned.

New York City, NY, United States
Reviewed May 8, 2012

My girlfriend was staying here on business and I came out early before heading off to Spain together on vacation. The hotel is very modern and well appointed with plenty of taxi's at the ready to take you to where you need to go or if you want to slum it they have their own bus stop, with free bus passes at the front desk. The location is on a main street close to airport, about 30 franc by taxi, or direct by same bus that stops at the hotel. The black out shades and good construction make for almost no road noise which is great when recovering from the flight over. The buffet breakfast is really amazing, with everything fresh under the sun and eggs made to order. Skip room service, even with an expense account the prices are outlandish ($10 can of coca-cola)

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
InterContinentalGVA, Directeur général at Hotel InterContinental Geneve, responded to this review, May 9, 2012
Dear Sir,

We are most pleased to hear that you and your girlfriend enjoyed your recent stay at the hotel. Very good comments such as yours are most important and useful for us. You may rest assured that they will be forwarded to all persons concerned.

Looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon, we remain,

Roma, Italy
Reviewed May 6, 2012

Just back from a business trip to Geneve, while approaching the hotel I was scared to get in the tipical skyscraper hotel with no soul but as soon as I got in I was amazed by this place. The hall is one of the best I have ever seen, I was at the 9th floor not seeing the lake but it was ok. My room was not so huge but clean and new. The breakfast was perfect the I liked especially the area where the hot food was located I found the staff nice all over the hotel. I would have stayed more to check some more. At the end a place which could be perfect if located in a different spot.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
InterContinentalGVA, Directeur général at Hotel InterContinental Geneve, responded to this review, May 7, 2012
Dear Sir,

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay at the hotel. Positive comments such as yours are most important and useful for us. You may rest assured that they will be forwarded to all persons concerned.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 4, 2012

So.... where to start with this hotel, I debated whether four star was really deserved, but this hotel is characterized by big pros and some big cons:

PROS
-if you want to do a conference, THIS is the place to do it, great end to end
-very good service (but as you will see below, a few items were missing from a 5 star hotel)
-food is excellent, especially conference lunch (which I am usually disappointed at elsewhere)
-if the UN is your destination, this is the place to stay
-lobby is stunning
-Bar Les Nations was great
-city view room is a MUST
-great gym, BUT get more than one cross-trainer!

CONS
-room, room, room, room - so I am not one picky for a great view, if I have it great, but if not, no worries, but what I was really disappointed was that the room was really plain, and not in the 'swiss classic hotelier' way, but literally it was like I was staying at the Holiday Inn at GVA (which I have stayed in), so for the rate, I was really surprised on the quality of the room (despite being a 5 star hotel and being recently refurbished), albeit being the cheapest rate available
-if you are not in town for the UN, then the hotel is out of the way

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank NW8Londoner
Dear Sir, Dear Madam,

We are most pleased to hear that you enjoyed the hotel conference facilities and public areas, as well as the service offered. Good comments such as yours are most important and useful for us. You may rest assured that they will be forwarded to all persons concerned.

However, we have taken good note of your disappointment regarding the rooms.

Despite this, we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon to the hotel and remain,

Arlington, VA
Reviewed April 24, 2012

My organization recently hosted business meetings and gala dinner at the InterContinental Geneva. At nearly every turn, I was impressed and amazed by their quality of service and attention to detail. Their dinner service (for approx) 600 was outstanding both in terms of quality of food and attention to guest service.
Their concierge is second-to-none, providing superior service for a host of last minute requests.

As a frequent business traveler and meeting planner, I have high standards for hotels. I found the InterContinental Geneva to be an outstanding property, with a stellar staff. The rooms are beautiful and well appointed. The meeting space is lovely. And most importantly, they have an exceptional staff.

Whether for a business meeting or personal travel, I recommend the InterContinental Geneva, without reservation.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
InterContinentalGVA, Directeur général at Hotel InterContinental Geneve, responded to this review, April 25, 2012
Dear Madam,

We are most delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel. Very positive comments such as yours are really important and useful for us. You may rest assured that they will be forwarded to all persons concerned.

Looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon, we remain,