I came after hotel's refurbishment. The lobby and several study/meeting areas around lobby are very tastefully decorated. It's the kind of taste good enough to be featured in Architecture Digest. I am here for a conference so there are many finance guys in their best looking suits. What really distinguish this hotel is probably the elite guests that are staying here. This is the place where you can put on your best clothes and no need to feel you are too dressed up. My corner suite has fresh white roses and orchid. It's the kind of white roses arrangements you see in Ralph Lauren Home. Even Ritz doesn't put fresh white roses...Also there is Nespresso coffee machine in room. I don't know how to use it and I don't have time to use it but it just look nice there.
My corner suite has a nice view of Geneva lake (and its fountain), and mountains. I love the way I have a view and no noise of cars. As I walk around lake, I noticed that Four Seasons is right next to a heavy traffic street. Also several other hotels that have good lake view room in their web photos actually are all next to a busy street. What happen is that no hotel is right next to lake without a busy street in between it. So if you want some peace in sleep, I suppose this hotel is even better than Four Seasons.
There is a bus stop near the hotel. So remember to ask the hotel for a free bus ticket. (many people don't know that). You can also get a free bus ticket BEFORE you walk out of customs in the airport.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The InterContinental 5-star luxury hotel, newly redesigned provides amazing views of the Mont Blanc, of Lake Geneva and Geneva City. It's a 3-minute walk from the United Nations and within a 5-minute drive from the International Centre of Congress CICG and the Palexpo Exhibition Centre. The spacious and elegant 333 rooms and Suites at the InterContinental Geneva have free Wi-Fi, free tea and coffee-making facilities, are air-conditioned and feature cable TV. Dining options include modern international cuisine and seasonal specialties served in the gourmet restaurant, which features a well-stocked wine cellar and a terrace. At the bar Les Nations, guests can enjoy a wide range of drinks, listen to live piano music, and browse in books and magazines. A sophisticated urban-style bar, Le Fumoir seduces you with its original cocktails and a selection of international cigars. The 4306 ft² Spa by Clarins provides a complete set of beauty and massage treatments. The health and fitness center is open 24 hours and there's a seasonal outdoor pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Hotel InterContinental Geneve reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Hotel Geneva
- Intercontinental Hotel Geneve