“Caught in a time capsule”
Review of Hotel Phoenix

and 1 more site!
Hotel Phoenix
Ranked #85 of 106 Hotels in Geneva
Reviewed March 15, 2013

An odd hotel to say the least but iut is very close the airport and you can catch a bus from the airport to the hotel.

It appears that you are walking through some offices and then up a flight and then you are in the hotel.

The bedroom was massive and very old fashioned. The bathroom looked as if it had been built in the 1950's - old style taps and basin and the shower dribbled on your head but was just about functional.

The breakfast was poor.

The saving grace was that it was near an Italian restaurant. - come out of the hotel and turn left and go 20 metres and turn left. It serves lovely food.

The hotel was clean and cheap and so for that it derserves some credit.

It is in dire need of a makeover !!!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Richard W

Reviewed October 24, 2012

If you're looking for ultra cheap, you'll struggle in Geneva. But this is as good as it gets for the money. And it's less than a five minute bus ride (number 10 bus) from the airport.
The reception is on the 1st floor, it was unmanned but the receptionist was a few minutes away only. My room was basic but clean, a comfortable bed and little noise from from the road.
The Nespresso coffee machine in the room was a nice touch.
I had dinner in the pizzeria downstairs (not part of the hotel), it was very good for the money and busy, so they must be doing something right.
In the morning, the receptionist kindly took me to the airport for free.
A favourable impression, I'll stay again if I need somewhere close and cheap to the airport.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank kaymanisle
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Absolutely great location, 10 mins walk to arrival or departure hall of Geneva airport + they have a a very flexible shuttle, hats of for the service provided for the unlucky traveler I was. Superb pizzeria just downstairs.
Busline just outside, directly to Geneva downtown (or 2 mins to airport).
Excellent location for the airport, superservice, good clean fundamentally ok business type hotel with good internet connection, good size rooms and bathrooms. All that you need on a short stopover in Geneva.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Scandinavian54
Reviewed January 18, 2012

i read the reviews on here and feared to worse. However, I was pleasantly surprised. the hotel is in a great position for the airport and right on the bus route into town- perfect. service was exceptional and from the minute I walked in the door, the staff were so friendly. the room was fine, spacious and clean. when I left the manager gave me a lift to the airport as well! granted this is not a big faceless chain hotel- but take my word for it, it is fine. I am in hotels all the time and I have rarely encountered such friendly service. I would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed August 21, 2011

I had to spend four nights in this hotel according my current work. There were no aircondition in the room and about 30-35 degree celsius all day from morning to late night although i got a fan in my room.
The (Minibar) fridge was not working in the room, couln't cool down myself with a cold drink.
The breakfast was always very poor, only some cheese and croissant, no any kind of meat or veggies or fruits!
When I wanted to ask something from reception I always had to wait because they played games on the computer or hanged on the internet.
There is no elevator, you have to take your lagguages up to the stairs yourself, no one help.
I wouldn't recommend to anyone!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
4  Thank Gabe I
Reviewed August 20, 2010

I travel to Geneva for work often, and this hotel happens to be in the same building as my office, so I stay all the time. First, I would recommend it if you need something cheap and close to the airport. It is not the best place if you come to Geneva as a tourist. The service is efficient and basic, and the rooms are very clean, despite being in need of an update. This place costs less than the other "airport hotels", and it is a 20 min. walk from the hotel to your gate (most of the time). Geneva city centre is about 20 min. by bus. The street can be noisy at night, but I live in a city so I am used to that.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
3  Thank Brendan M
Reviewed November 28, 2008

Travelling alone I needed somewhere to stay for the night near Geneva airport. I went to the hotel information desk at the airport and they sent me off with a guy in a car and another person who had been waiting at the desk. Nothing was said and I felt a little anxious (I travel alone regularly, often in Geneva so I'm not nervous of that - it just didn't seem right). We parked at the back of an office block, walked up some stark stairs to a reception desk - everyting was closed even though it was only around 8pm. I completed a card and was handed a key to a room. I really felt terribly uncomfortable so thought I'd just lock myself in the room and sleep, however on entering the room it was stuffy and grubby. I decided I would not stay. Went back down to the reception to tell the guy who'd brought us who became rather angry and ripped up by booking form in my face and told me to leave immediately, which I was happy to do! It took me a while to find the exit, wandering along a corridor of offices.

I walked to the ramada who were full, so I then walked to the Ibis where I usually stay, they were also full but I stayed in the hotel next door to the Ibis which was clean and comfortable and I enjoyed a good meal in the restaurant . This was for a few francs more than the Pheonix.

I cannot believe the airport send people there! Dreadful, grubby, in need of updating, creepy and unfriendly!

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6  Thank MountainTrav