“Extremely basic and dated”
Review of Drake Longchamp

Drake Longchamp
Ranked #66 of 106 Hotels in Geneva
Reviewed March 29, 2011

Very disappointed- very dated with a broken mirror, tiny bath/shower, no toiletries, no view, no uk adapter (the Swiss don't use Euro plugs)- could have bought a Euro to Swiss adapter for 9euros from reception :| for some strange reason my room had three single beds with really flat pillows. Wasn't up to the standards of a business hotel. Plus side- breakfast buffet was fresh and standard and nice enough.

Felt strangely like a Moscow hotel room from the Soviet era!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Drake Longchamp

Reviewed February 4, 2011

Good location, very helpful staff but rooms are basic and currently next to a building site with work starting at 7am.

• Stayed: February 2011
1  Thank ollib02
Reviewed October 27, 2010

The reception staff were lovely. I was lucky as the room I was given had a lovely view of Lake Geneva. It was extremely clean and comfy with an a little kitchenette. In the ensuite bath room toiletries provided by the hotel: soap, shower gel and shampoo by a company called Sutton and Foster smelt devine. After a good night's sleep I enjoyed the buffet breakfast was extremely fresh with an excellent choice offered, As a Sunday it was served between the hours of 7am-11am on the Sunday. It could be said that the hotel requires a refurbishment.
Yes it is located down a side street, 2 tram stops away from the main train station opposite a car park in not the most well lit street. But I felt safe and comfortable when in the hotel and around it's vicinity. It is also only 2 stops away from the UN Offices.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed August 12, 2010

Not easy to find a decent place at a decent price in Geneva. The Drake could be an option and the location is not too bad, 10 minutes from the center and from the Rail station. However, very old... no air con, but with a nice small cuisine and large fridge. Might be nice to have this. Price is ok if you book online through some good providers. Enjoy !

Stayed: July 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed July 9, 2010

We have stayed in many budget accomodation throughout Europe, and we have to say this is the worst we have come across ever. As of location, it is close to the train station and general city area, although it is also close to a University and a band which has played the last two nights until late. The breakfast is average, and breakfast staff rude. The rooms are extremely hot and are almost unbearable to sleep. I would not suggest staying here. Also the business centre including computer access has not worked since we have been here, 3 days so far and it doesnt look like getting back on anytime soon.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank OzAway64
Reviewed March 24, 2010

I travelled to Geneva for work and I arrived at 11 at night. I booked the hotel from England without much knowledge. When I arrived, the concierge was friendly but the place was gloomy and actually did not have a reception. They use the reception of the other hotel, The Longchamp. When I found my room -after wandering around a lot because it's massive and poorly signed- I found out that the swipe card did not work. I had to go down the 5 floors again and got a new card. To my terrible surprise, the room has not been cleaned. The toilet was horribly dirty and all the towels were on the floor. The bed was not done and I felt terrible. I went down again to complain and I was assigned another room, bigger but still horrible -at least it was clean and the sheets were clean as well-. During the night the place was noisy, you could hear other people's noise and most importantly, I did not feel safe. I had the impression that someone would enter the room at any time. I had a bad time, I don't recommend this place, if you can avoid it, do not hesitate to go somewhere else. I moved to the Hotel Cornavin on the following day.

Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank No_need_to_lie
Reviewed March 19, 2010

This hotel is by far the worst I have stayed at in Geneva. The room's furnishings were old, partially broken. The carpet was so disgusting I did not dare to take off my socks. The curtains had a 10 inch tear in them. All around the bathtub there was grey-black grout!

The linens were clean, though, which was the only reason I stayed there (I got in at 10pm).

Breakfast is much below standard as well both in terms of food and in terms of the room (much too small).

I will never stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Clio16
Also consider these accommodations in or near Geneva
Drake Longchamp Swiss Quality Hotel
Best Western Hotel Strasbourg
Design Hotel F6
Design Hotel F6
#51 of 106 in Geneva

Been to Drake Longchamp? Share your experiences!