“Comfortable, plain, and noisy”

Hotel Auteuil - Manotel Geneva
Ranked #24 of 106 Hotels in Geneva
Reviewed July 12, 2012

Stayed two nights here in July. On the plus side: very convenient to train station, front desk staff was friendly and helpful, room was clean, basic, and comfortable. On the negative side: I reserved a city/lake view room but got one looking at the railroad tracks, there are some very seedy streets near the hotel, and the walls were paper thin and it was very noisy inside the hotel (although we could barely hear the trains). I would not stay here again because of the noise.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Judi F
dblanc, E-Business Manager at Hotel Auteuil - Manotel Geneva, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2012

Thank you for your comment. We are sorry to hear that you have not been able to enjoy Hotel Auteuil as much as expected and have taken note of your remarks.

There are newer reviews for Hotel Auteuil - Manotel Geneva

Reviewed July 12, 2012

We stayed on the 7th story of this hotel, with nice view of the jet d'eau over Lake Geneva.

CHF340 per night for 2 adults & 1 teenager on add'l bed, but Internet and breakfast were extra.

Reception staff were bilingual and quite helpful. They got us on the tour of the city.

Even at our height, night noise was a bother. My wife was accosted by a drunk at 7 AM on the street, which is not the best in town.

Room was a bit cramped, though it would have been OK for a single guest traveling alone.

We ended up moving to the Hotel Cornavin.

Room Tip: Higher floors are better.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank constanttraveler71

Thank you for having taken the time to share your feedback about Hotel Auteuil. We are sorry to read that your experience with us was not up to your expectations as we strive to ensure that all our guests leave the hotel satisfied.

Reviewed July 12, 2012

As part of our Swiss holidays, Geneva was the last stop before heading back to our resident country. This hotel thus served the purpose to stay for a night and then depart the following day.

Check-in procedure was handled very well by a pleasant French speaking front desk receptionist but we were not impressed with the staffs that were in the evening shift as they guided us with wrong information and also were not very pleasant. Location of the hotel was very good and room décor was very contemporary with amazing wall painting donning the wall. Bathroom was also very neat and maintained high level of cleanliness. We didn’t try the food in the hotel, so cant really comment.

In a nutshell, opt for this hotel if your idea is to stay for a night and leave the following day. Hotel is best suited for business travelers and not for anyone looking for leisure or on vacation.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your comment. We are glad that you enjoyed the location and the decoration of Hotel Auteuil. We hope to welcome you back to the hotel for your next stay in Geneva.

Reviewed July 8, 2012

I arrived at 8:30AM and was greeted warmly by the reception staff. After a very long flight the staff was helpful in getting me checked into my room, #808. I had booked an executive suite and opted to pay in advance, which secured an additional discount on the hotel room fee.

From the start of my 5 night stay until the end, the hotel staff made sure everything was in impeccable order. Upon entering my air conditioned room I was delighted to see on the table one bottled water, two apples and two bars of chocolate. The room is decorated beautifully, down to the stunning orchids in both the room and bathroom.

My room faced the railroad station however no noise disturbed my sleep as the soundproofing of windows and door to balcony was excellent. Beautiful and large balcony was a plus! It had a lounger, table and two chairs.

The train station “Cornavin” is just 5-10 minutes walking distance and trams conveniently stop near the front of the hotel. The hotel provides a free Geneva transportation card which was great to use throughout Geneva. The hotel location and neighborhood quaint. Short walk to the lake and just down the street (about 1-2 blocks) is a grocery store and bakery. The bakery was excellent and a nice/easy walk to bring croissants daily back to my room to have with my morning coffee. My room was equipped with a Nespresso coffee machine, microwave, refrigerator, and honor bar. The bathroom (toilet) was separate from the shower/tub which was very convenient since I was sharing my room with a family member. Wonderful shower gel, lotion, soaps, shampoo and conditioner were provided and replenished as needed.

WIFI is free although at times it was slow but nothing to be overly concerned about.
Bed is very comfortable and the room set up is perfect with a writing desk, sitting chairs and ample amount of closet space. We encountered a heat wave in Geneva the week we were there and the air conditioning was a welcome relief from the heat.

Every morning as I left the hotel I was wished a wonderful day by the staff and greeted upon my coming back in the evening. The staff was always cheerful and eager to help, from the front reception to housekeeping to the staff that worked in the bar and dining room.

I would highly recommend this hotel in every aspect.

Room Tip: Rooms with balcony are awesome!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank LonnaLinda

Thank you for your lovely review especially about our staff being attentive to details, helpful, making sure that you feel at home. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay at Hotel Auteuil and hope to welcome you again very soon in our hotel for your next trip to Geneva.

Reviewed July 5, 2012

Stayed here for a week on business and plan to return on my next visit to Geneva. I've stayed at 5 different hotels in Geneva over the past four years and this was the best deal in this price range. Young lady at front desk on June 24th was GREAT. I arrived early on Sunday morning but no rooms were available for early check-in. She secured my luggage, checked me in, gave me the WiFi passcode and sent a complimentary cup of coffee to me in the lounge. An hour later the room was ready. Sweet. Be sure to ask for a room that does NOT face the main road. Very noisy from traffic and tram when facing that street. Rooms facing out back have view of railroad tracks but is quiet enough even when trains go by. See you in December.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business

We warmly thank you for your feedback. We already look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel and enjoy another stay with us. See you in December !

Reviewed June 21, 2012

We all know how difficult it is to find a good hotel for a reasonable price in Geneva. The Hotel Auteuil is exactly that. It is a small modern hotel with very comfortable rooms and well-appointed common areas. The reception was efficient and friendly and the rooms/bath rooms meticulously clean. The gym is well-equipped and has big bay windows. The price is reasonable, and I judge the price/quality ratio excellent. The hotel is close to the railway station, slightly outside the more stylish parts of Geneva, but those are only 5-10 by foot away.

Room Tip: very good gym.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank mjelling
Management response:Responded July 2, 2012

Thank you for your excellent comment! We will forward it to our staff and we would be all glad to welcome you back for your next trip to Geneva.

Reviewed June 12, 2012

It's a pretty small hotel at a decent location. I had business meetings across the river and it was just a 15 min walk. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The breakfast doesn't have too many selections but was decent (nice smoked salmon). There's a gym too.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank konachik
Management response:Responded July 2, 2012

We thank you for your nice comment about our hotel Auteuil. We are looking forward to welcome you back for your next trip to Geneva.