Hotel Kipling - Manotel Geneva
Hotel Royal(Geneva)
  • Room Service
Warwick Geneva(Geneva)
1,068 results
All reviewscolonial styletrain stationnice hotelthe red light districtold townside streetsister hotelhotel is locatedthree starcity taxgood sizeminute walkconvenient locationquiet streetnice bathroomnon smoking roompublic transport
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Perhaps it's because we did not stay in a suite etc but we paid over £200 per night (Booking.com) and the room (4th Floor) was old fashioned tired and the carpets badly worn. The hotel was full of Arabs, which on it's own is ok but their children were unruly. The public areas of the hotel were good and the staff courteous. Breakfast was agood selection. However, we felt that for the money, it was not really good value. The other hotels in the same chain looked more modern (excepting The Edelweiss, which is meant to be traditional).

Room Tip: Maybe pay more at this hotel or look for other hotels in the same chain - perhaps
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 28, 2013

I stayed for 2 nights in the Hotel Kipling for business in August 2013. Overall, the hotel has great location (only 5 mins walk from the Gare de Cornavin), large rooms (for Geneva) and comfortable beds. The hotel is walking distance from many restaurants and bars and has a cool colonial motif. The front desk was very professional and helpful and when asked to call a cab to head to the office, one would appear within 2 minutes. I did not have the chance to try the restaurant on site, but I would happily stay there again for my next business trip.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

We were prepared to pay through the nose in Geneva and sure enough the restaurants where obscenely expensive but we were pleasantly surprised by the Kipling. The rooms were quiet, modern design but with a warm touch. AC was fine ( and we are difficult on this) and breakfast was nice enough. All in all it was not much of a sacrifice compared to the lakefront hotels.
Location is very practical although you are bound to see some prostitutes on your way back in the evening and,more disturbingly, even more pimps congregating in cafes and watching over their business. This is not a safety issue though - more of an esthetic and moral one.
The great thing about this that the money we saved on the hotel allowed us splurge on the best restaurants and we still came out ahead.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 26, 2013

The staff were great and accommodating to me. A wonderful gem, near the station (and some sketchy parts of town for sure...). Walked to the lake for a boat tour - it took me, someone who walks with difficulty, about 20 minutes. The hotel doesn't have a restaurant and so guides you some of their other properties - we used our coupon for N'vy - the food was awesome but a bit too modern for one of our party lol. A very diverse group in the hotels. Interesting. Good experience, would go back without hesitation. Gave one notch down for sleep quality as next door was a couple waging World War III. Other than that, all was great.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank tofinogal
dblanc, E-Business Manager at Hotel Kipling - Manotel Geneva, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

We thank you for your feedback and to have shared on Tripadvisor. We are glad you enjoyed the Kipling Hotel and the Manotel Group. As you have well noticed, the hotels are verydifferent and you may choose the Hotel Royal and its restaurant Le Duo for a more classical evening or the Edelweiss for a "suississime" experience.

Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

Overall the stay was standard, nothing extraordinary apart from the modern toilet.

Poor air com and had to have a table fan in the room. The breakfast was shabby and nothing too exciting. Pretty small dining room and congested buffet system.

In terms of their service it was questionable and lacked compassion but I suppose that's pretty common in over priced geneva. For a three star hotel to make me pay 100 plus euros for 6 hours was disgusting. My flight got cancelled and it was delayed for 8 hours so I requested a few more hours in the room. She claims she was over booked but she was quick enough to let me have my room ? So if it was over booked , did they cancel someone's booking? I think not. On top of that my wife was pregnant. Did they care? No. They were just quick enough to charge me the full price.

Sometimes a bit of customer service and compassion goes a long way.

Not returning.