Hotel Kipling - Manotel Geneva
Hotel Royal(Geneva)
  • Room Service
Warwick Geneva(Geneva)
1,068 results
All reviewscolonial styletrain stationnice hotelthe red light districtold townside streetsister hotelhotel is locatedthree starcity taxgood sizeminute walkconvenient locationquiet streetnice bathroomnon smoking roompublic transport
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Small hotel near the main station. Well located. Has some character, and furnished with Asian furniture. Check-in was easy and friendly. Medium-sized rooms, nice enough bathroom. Overall clean; room could do with a few touch-ups on the wall. Good beds, minibar in the room, desk, and small sitting area. TV programming satisfactory (which can be a challenge in Switzerland). Breakfast was not included, but at CHF18 was a steal (again I am speaking comparatively here, given the Swiss context), as plenty of which to choose from. No gym or pool; free internet (could be somewhat faster).

Overall, this will be as good as it will get in Geneva -- it is unlikely that there are many places that are better located, and provide a better experience.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
dblanc, E-Business Manager at Hotel Kipling - Manotel Geneva, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

We thank you for your nice comment about our hotel Kipling. We would be glad to welcome you back for a next trip to Geneva.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

Geneva is known to be an expensive place. The Kipling I found to be great value for money. Although it is a 3-star, you get the impression to be in a 4-star.

GOOD:
- Conveniently located: 5 min walk from Cornavin main train station, 10 min walk to lake Geneva
- Rooms are nicely decorated, clean - beds are comfortable
- Friendly service
- A small breakfast buffet with a reasonable choice

YOU SHOULD KNOW:
- There are no restaurants, however, you get a 15%-off voucher to use one of the other Manotel group hotels' restaurants - closest by is the one in Hotel Royal (2 min walk)
- Located in a small side street to "rue de Lausanne" - quiet but not spectacular.
- Prices are reasonable for Geneva - between 160 and 250 CHF, depending on day and package.

VERY RECOMMENDABLE FOR COMFORTABLE, SHORT STAYS.

Room Tip: Rooms towards the back overlook a parking lot and are very quiet. You can sleep with the window open.
Reviewed January 31, 2013

I choose that hotel after reading some good reviews on it.
Yes the location is great many restaurants around and walk distance to main train station.
the room is clean and design very nice. offer also free WiFi in the room.
Car park is available at price of 30CHF for a night
However, I personally disliked the fact that the room is very small, I was alone but I don't know how to adults can be in the room without step on each other.
I had also problem of water stream is the shower, and this was the big disappointment, who want to start complain on 22:00 on douche problem.
On top of this the douche head was very small, so after long day of work it's really shame not able to take proper shower and this destroy my experience of this hotel.
I saw on the back of the room door that normal rates are around 400CHF - this hotel doesn't worth that amount!!
I payed 180 euro, and for that amount it's ok - no more.
so I will rate this hotel as Ok but only if the price will be like that, not sure I will return to it

Reviewed January 28, 2013

We really like this hotel. It is perfectly clean, reception staff could not be more friendly or helpful. The room is very comfortable and I think a very good size for European standards. Bathroom is large and very nice. Furnishings are right on. This hotel is about a 15 min. Drive from the airport and a 5 min. walk from the main train station. Upon checking in we received transport passes that worked for local buses and trains. An unexpected great value. There are many restaurants and shops nearby so I like the location, especially for proximity to the train station. We will be traveling by train to Paris, most convenient. Mini bar in the room is a plus, as we were very tired from our journey upon arrival. I would not hesitate to stay here again and would absolutely recommend to anyone that is not looking for 5 star. I believe Hotel Kipling was a very good value for the money.

Reviewed January 8, 2013

Me, my wife and 2 young kids (2 and 5 years) were due in Geneva for 4 days as part of our break in France / Switzerland over the new year holidays. We were concerned about finding affordable accommodation that was family friendly.
I am tremendously happy we chose the Kipling. We took a 3 person executive room for the 3 nights. For RM 900 a night, we received: 1 king size bed, 1 sofa bed for 2 persons, 1 cot, a huge well furnished room, a large flat screen TV, a kitchenette with microwave oven, and free tickets for all public transportation in Geneva for the full 4 days. Compared to other expensive cities such as London (where for the price I got a cupboard) and Singapore (where for the price I got 2 single beds in an old and tired 3 star off Orchard), this was a very good deal. It really dispels the notion that Geneva is not affordable.
We did not try the hotel breakfast, though we were informed that kids below 12 eat for free.
As for the location, yes, there is an element of prostitution. Its not anything like for e.g. Thailand however. You hardly notice any vice going on, though I would stay clear of the pedestrian portion of Rue de la Navigation at night as it is edgy / dodgy. Stick to the main streets and you will find a big selection of ethnic eateries and family friendly restaurants. Also, the tram stop is a mere 2 minute walk from Kipling where the No. 15 takes you the UN building / Jardin Botanique one way (getting off at the Nation stop) and the opposite way to the city centre / old town (getting off at the Rue Stand stop). Also, opposite the tram stop in Mole (where you get on / off for the Kipling) is a supermarket. Very helpful if you are travelling with kids!
Throughout our stay the staff were pleasant, friendly, helpful and full of patience in answering all my queries.
All in all, a wonderful hotel in a beautiful city.

Room Tip: The cots are free!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family