“Wonderful Hotel and Friendly staff”

Hotel Kipling - Manotel Geneva
Ranked #17 of 106 Hotels in Geneva
Reviewed March 4, 2012

Having just returned from 2 nights staying in this wonderful Hotel, I have to say it was everything and more that I hoped for.Had I taken too much notice of the reviews about the 'red light district' I could have been put off, fortunately I wasn't (yes it is near the red light district but did not cause any problems for my friend and myself). The receptionist on our arrival was so friendly and helpful (Jasmine I think her name was from Ischia),she showed us places to go and sorted out our free travel passes(which were great, not having to worry about change etc when jumping on and off buses, trains boats.The room was plenty big enough, with a beautiful bathroom with shower and bath, if anything the only problem was the room was too hot , we did eventually manage to cool it down a bit (if we had asked no doubt it could have been cooler!) The bed and pillows were perfect and for someone with a bad back that means a heck of a lot. All in all a very memorable place and very convenient for restaurants,just 10 mins walk to Lake. Wifi worked perfectly and was free. Although no restaurant 15% discount with their sister Hotels, we had a very pleasant Meat Fondue at the Hotel Eidlelweiss, including entertainment 'Swiss' style including yodelling!!!

Room Tip: Our room was 102 and faced the car park but no noise in the night
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
dblanc, E-Business Manager at Hotel Kipling - Manotel Geneva, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2012

We thank you for your great comment and good rating for our hotel Kipling. We will forward it to our staff (front desk) and we are happy you had a nice experience in our Restaurant Edelweiss too. We would all be very happy to welcome you back next time you are in Geneva. ,

Reviewed February 26, 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights. Easy enough to find when walking from the main station. Check in process very quick ans efficient. No restaurant in hotel, but you get 15% discount off other hotels in chain in the city

Room quite big, very clean. Decor very nice and cosy. TV - loads of French and ITV1 and BBC2 oddly enough

Breakfast usual continental rolls, toast, coffee, cold meats etc. Buffet style so you can get your money's worth...

Only negative was the pillows on the bed were very thin, so neded to use cushions to raise up to sleep.

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank Alwick30
dblanc, E-Business Manager at Hotel Kipling - Manotel Geneva, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2012

Thank you for your comment. Our clients feedback is very important to us and we will forward it, so that we can continue to improve our service.
We would be happy to welcome you back in our hotel Kipling next time your are in Geneva.

Reviewed February 21, 2012

We've been visiting this hotel since 2005 and the hotel offers the same high standard ever since then. Last visit was 19 feb 2012. Rooms are big and tidy, coffee making facililties in the room, good bathroom.. welcoming personnel and close to the train station. We'll come back soon.so ideally situated to explore Geneva or just spend the night to get to the airport.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple

A warm thank you for your great feedback and your confidence over the years. We would be very happy to welcome you for your next trip to Geneva.

Reviewed February 17, 2012

On a somewhat anonymous street in a supposedly dodgy (for Switzerland) part of town, this place is full of vibrancy and character, it's rich Kipling-esque decor belying its exterior. Just a few metres from the lake, both location and hotel are excellent, and just what we needed after a week sliding on ice in Nendaz. Perfect place for wandering in town and around the lake, the stay here was a little bit of tranquil boutique luxury.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank roberciku
dblanc, E-Busines Manager at Hotel Kipling - Manotel Geneva, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2012

Thank you for your great comment! We are very happy you enjoyed our hotel Kipling so much and could precisely describe its atmosphere. We would be very happy to welcome you again for your next trip in Geneva.

Reviewed February 16, 2012

We have really enjoyed our stay at the Kipling; The rooms are very charming and comfortable and the location is great, minutes walk from the lake and the train station.
The staff was efficient and helpful; we hope they try a little harder to be more sympathetic

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
dblanc, E-Business Manager at Hotel Kipling - Manotel Geneva, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2012

Thank you for your nice comment. Your feedback is very important to us so that we can continue to improve our service. We would be very happy to welcome you in our hotel Kipling for your next trip in Geneva.

Reviewed February 13, 2012

I stayed one night (12 February 2012) at the Kipling hotel. The rooms are comfortable, but at minus 10 degrees outside, my room was barely warm enough. The breakfast is good, varied.
I was not satified with the check in (after asking me whether I would be on my own or with someone, the check in lady counted two breakfasts...). I specifically asked the guarantee (50 euros) to be returned to me in euros, and upon check out, I was given the money back in Swiss Francs. I complained (since a guarantee is not a payment, they are not allowed to return the money to you in Swiss Francs), it had to go all the way up to the manager of the hotel, who said I could my 50 euros back ... in euros. I don't think it is professional for a 3 star hotel to do that kind of things (even if it is written somewhere, if it is not legal, well, it still is not legal !).

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
dblanc, E-Business Manager at Hotel Kipling - Manotel Geneva, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2012

Thank you for having taking time to give your feedback about our Hotel Kipling. We will adress the situtation with our front office staff. We hope you enjoyed your stay in Geneva despite this problem. We would be very happy to welcome you agan in the Hotel Kipling or in any other hotels from the Manotel Group.

Reviewed February 10, 2012

I go to Geneva three or four times a year. I stayed at a number of different hotels in the ****-category, but was always disappointed. Then found the Manotel chain. It is by far the best hotels in Geneva in its price bracket! Tried three of the hotels, but keep coming back to Kipling. Proffessional staff, good breakfast, clean rooms, and small size makes this perfect! Will probably be time for a new lick of paint in one or two places, but I'm sure that will have been taken care of when I come next time. The Paquis neighbourhood can seem seedy at times, but at the eastern end (where this hotel is situated) it is a sweet little gay tinged area with bars and restaurants.

Room Tip: I have stayed in all parts of the hotel and have not noticed a great difference. This time I was in...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
dblanc, E-Business Manager at Hotel Kipling - Manotel Geneva, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2012

We thank you for your great feedback. We are very happy that you enjoy the Manotel Experience, especially the Kipling hotel. Looking forward to welcome you next time you are in Geneva.