“Enjoyed our stay!”

Hotel Edelweiss - Manotel Geneva
Ranked #36 of 106 Hotels in Geneva
Reviewed September 26, 2012

My husband and I stayed here Aug 30th 2012. We were in Geneva for only one night and booked this place after seeing how expensive some of the other places were. It was very easy to get to from the train station (bus stops right outside the hotel), staff was super friendly, rooms were clean and cozy. TV and small fridge in the room and beds were very comfy. Felt very safe in the area only a 2 min walk down to the water. Close to the shopping area, the jet etc.
It's not super fancy hotel but we enjoyed our stay. The little restaurant that it's attached to was actually a ton of fun... cheesy but amazing ;) The food was very good and portions huge. We were glad we went. :)

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Stacey C
There are newer reviews for Hotel Edelweiss - Manotel Geneva

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Liked:
1. Staff was very helpful and tried hard to attend to my needs.
2. Free transport pass for duration of my stay. And a bus passes right across the street from the hotel every 5 minutes or so.
3. Location - close to the main train station, the lake, and a bunch of good restaurants.
4. Free internet / WIFI.

Disliked:
1. The room was very small and smelled of humidity. And with the window open, I could hear construction just across the street, as well as people in the street making noise through all hours of the night.
2. Tiny elevator, barely enough room for just one person and one suitcase. And there is only one elevator, so when it's in use, you have to wait...
3. Breakfast -- very basic stuff, and if you have special needs, you're on your own. I had specifically noted in my reservation that I need to maintain a gluten free diet, but all their breads and baked goods had gluten. When I asked the attendant for gluten-free bread, she simply shrugged her shoulders and says they don't offer that / I'm on my own.
4. Location -- be prepared for some seedy scenes and unsavory characters hanging around the hotel all day long. There is a legal red light district just around the corner. And when people in the street get drunk they act out -- one fellow started chasing another with a huge axe!
5. Not a great value, but probably decent for expensive Geneva.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank TheTravelMaestro
Reviewed September 24, 2012

My friend and I flew in and out of Geneva for our 3 week vacation, and stayed at the Edelweiss the first two nights and the last night of our trip. It can be difficult to find lodging in Geneva when there are conventions, and because of that, the hotel increased the room rate on our last night by about double, which was outrageous. It is a pleasant, clean hotel with comfortable rooms and very nice, helpful staff at the front desk. The walking distance from the train station is about 15 minutes and to the lake, only a couple of blocks. There are some nice restaurants in the area but the restaurant in the hotel is quite good with traditional Swiss food, decor, and music. If you are a fondue fan, the cheese is good and the chocolate is the best I've ever had! There is an excellent breakfast buffet as well.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank MJCT12
Reviewed September 19, 2012 via mobile

The Bad 1st
I recently stayed on the recommendation of a friend, and had seen the hotel before. However, staying was a little different experience. I booked a stay with my wife and the bed was small enough that we were both afraid of falling off, being that I asked for a large bed. I realize that beds in European hotels are smaller than in the USA, and I travel a reasonable amount and this was just too small against the norm for 2 people. Worse though was the shower at about 2.5 feet square, it was Soo small you could not rotate around without hitting the water handle, just totally unacceptable. Price is also rather high, unless you consider the chalet theming worth the extra price.

The Good
It is however a very nice themed hotel, and friendly and helpful staff. There is the traditional 1 person elevator, which is nice. Their is also an on-location resturant which has themed musical entertainment for dinner, quite nice and the food is good.

Overall a neat place to stay, once. I'll stay elsewhere my next visit to Geneva

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank MacJoeFQV
Reviewed September 15, 2012

I stayed here for a few nights on business in April and was a little overwhelmed by the theme-park style of this Swiss chalet style hotel, with its extensive collection of stuffed toys. The check-in process was quick and quite efficient, with apleasant member of staff behind the desk. The rooms are small but comfortable - however I was unfortunuate in that at the time I visited there were works going on across the street from my bedroom, so it became a little noisy. Without them, though, the hotel is calm and quiet (in the evening, when the works had finished). It is located close to several nice restaurants (an Indian restaurant a few metres away is particularly good) and a it's only a short stroll down to the lake. It has what has to be the smallest lift (elevator) that I have experienced in any hotel anywhere - big enough for one traveller and their baggage but no more! The breakfast is a basic Continental selection but is adequate. All in all, this hotel is nothing particularly special; is reasonable for the price charged; but is a bit too 'theatrical' for the business traveller with its over-done chalet theme.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 12, 2012

Good points:
- Location is good, 5 minutes and you're at the embankment of the lake, 10 minutes and you're in the English garden.
- Staff was very polite. We also used babysitter service, she was fine but expensive (25 euro per hour).
- The only swiss restaurant in Geneve is situated in this hotel, so tonight you may enjoy all swiss features like food, fondue, yodl etc.
- The room is not so bad for money

Areas of improvement:
- The room equipment was a little bit shabby
- Disadvantages areas of Geneve were situated nearby, so if you made wrong turn you met drugdealers and prostitutes
- Breakfast was poor
- The elevator was small, you may not get a lot of luggage in it

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 11, 2012

Stayed at the Edelweiss Hotel In May for 1 night, on way from Italy to France drove through the Alps was fabulous, just beautiful, room was clean and bed comfy, we were in walking distance to old town and gift shopping we had a car and parked in nearby hotel, it was around 45.00 dollars for 1 night, Edelweiss does not provide parking, rooms were pretty basic I was expecting a little more charm, Didn't eat in the restaurant, the sour cheese smell in hotel lobby made us decide otherwise, Geneva is very expensive but we had a nice 1 day stay, as for the hotel we paid around 320.00 US, I think thats a pretty good price for Geneva, and the sugar free candies at the front desk are yummy, I would recommend this hotel for tourist travelers, front desk was very freindly and helpful, there is a big department store around 6 blocks away that has a fabulous market and shopping and cafeteria on upper floor that had great choices of food and priced right(sorry I dont remember name but its the only huge department store). Enjoy

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family