“Very conveniently located” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #31 of 106 Hotels in Geneva
New Delhi, India
“Very conveniently located”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2014

Stayed here during a business trip. It was reserved by the company and it has negotiated a special room rates for us. So that implies that we were given a concession rate though it was little higher as compared to the rate usually we pay in a similar hotel in any other country. However, one has to understand the reality that things are expensive in Geneva. On positive side, the location was perfect. it is at the arms length from the GARE CARNAVIN with access to train, tram , bus. What else you could ask for. The reception is fantastic, very warm and friendly. I arrived around 9 am. It was too early for check in as rooms were not available. The guy at the reception made me feel comfortable. He accepted my baggage and professionally sent me on a city sightseeing tour until a room will be vacant. It was fantastic move by a very professional reception guy. Negative side is that the sleep is disturbed by the noise of the vehicles as the hotel is facing the main street and this is beyond the control of the hotel management. Hotel is clean. Daily maintained the cleanliness. Tea coffee is available for preparation by clients. During bill payments, the guy at the reception helped decide payment mode even providing the conversion rate for the credit card payments and by converting dollars to Swiss Francs. Only other complain is the room was too small for the prize and it was too compacted. Despite few negatives, it is a good convenient place to stay. As I will be coming frequently to Geneva for business purposes, will stay at this place in the future also.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Alain R, General Manager at Warwick Geneva, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Dear PRANWI,
I am delighted to read that, during your business trip, you felt comfortable with the room and the services provided by our dedicated team. All of us at the Hotel Warwick Geneva really look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.
In the meantime we remain,
A.R

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Pretoria, South Africa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2014

This was my second stay at Hotel Warwick and I enjoyed my time there. It's excellently located:- just opposite the Central Station, near a shopping centre, grocery store and tram line. Unfortunately, I flew in very early and my room was not ready. I waited for three hours for my room to be ready. The only other issue I had was with the pillows. They were large, continental pillows which made for uncomfortable sleeping; however you can request to change them (they have some options).

My room was clean, the staff were very accommodating and even allowed me to have a guest stay over at no extra cost, except for the city tax which was CHF4 per day (which I thought was awesome!). It's a chilled sort of hotel and the doormen/concierge were so helpful and friendly.

It was conveniently located to some very good restaurants (Jeck's Place for Thai/Singaporean/Malay food and my all-time favourite restaurant Le Baobab which has now moved right next to Jeck's Place on Rue de Neuchâtel for the tastiest Senegalese cuisine). The hotel is also next to the Paquis area which is Geneva's red light district so it might not be everyone's cup of tea. Nonetheless, I would definitely stay here again just for the convenience, cleanliness and location.

Room Tip: The 6th floor was great.
1 Thank Viator_ZA
Dear Viator_ZA,
I enjoyed reading your comments on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay with us. Your remarks have been shared with the team.
The check-out time is 12am and check-in time 3pm, but when guest arrive early morning we always try to do our best to provide the room as fast as possible. Otherwise, we keep guests’ luggages or we invite them to wait in our bar or terrace area.
Also, should you plan to come back and fly early morning to Geneva, we advice you to book the room the previous night so that you are sure to have your room available when checking-in.

I am glad that you enjoyed our hotel and I shall be very happy to welcome you back for another memorable experience.

I remain with kind regards
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2014 via mobile

Location is perfect across the road from the central train station. Staff are very efficient, rooms are spacious and very comfortable. We stayed for a weekend and is 5 min walk to Lake Geneva. Beware the red light district fairly close as not the nicest looking area but excellent hotel in general!

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Alain R, General Manager at Warwick Geneva, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Dear Geoff W,
All the Warwick Geneva’s team is joining me to thank you for your positive comment regarding the employees and the hotel in general.
We are glad that the location of the hotel ease your way around Geneva city. We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back soon.
In the meantime we remain at your service,
Best regards,
Ocoee, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2014

If one steps out of the Railroad station and look to the left one will see the Hotel Warwick in just a short distance that one will not freeze one to death when one has to walk this way in freezing temperatures. (Very important for this Florida boy) The lobby was warm and inviting, Check-in was very easy, the room nice, clean and quiet. The breakfast is very good.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Alain R, General Manager at Warwick Geneva, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Dear John H,

I thank you for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor and for rating us. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and that you found the hotel comfortable. The Geneva weather is in fact cooler than in Florida, but if you come during summer time (July and August) you should be pleased with the warm weather!!

We look forward to your return in the summer!
Kind regards,
New Haven, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2014

Friendly greeting started off the visit. Room was decent size for Geneva. Good desk and desk chair for laptop use, bathroom small but very clean and in excellent condition. My sponsor paid for the breakfast which is served in the small but elegant restaurant and staffed, once again, by friendly and helpful staff. Common room in lobby is small but pleasant. Also check out the terrace on the second floor -- very comfy seating. In fact, I had a quick meal out there one evening (bought at local market at train station). Lastly, use the free transit card - the best deal in town! It will save a bundle on taxis.

Room Tip: I faced the street but the windows are well sealed and noise was not an issue.
1 Thank Dave C
Alain R, General Manager at Warwick Geneva, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Dear Dave C,
Many thanks for taking the time to post your review. It is always rewarding to notice that our guest appreciate our efforts in making their stays at the Hotel Warwick Geneva as pleasant as possible. I am also pleased to read that you took the time to relax on our terrasse, open to all our guests, on the 1st floor.
If you plan to come back to Geneva, please visit us again!
In the meantime, we remain.
Best regards,
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here after a business trip as it was in geneva and right across the road from the train station.

After staying over in the kempinski it's difficult to judge fairly but here goes.

The hotel was, well, ok... Nice lobby, fair breakfast, quick to check in etc. the room, which was a fair size, was ok, bed a little hard, brown water came out of the hot tap when turned on which put me off a little, but overall it was ok.

The windows were not very soundproof, neither was the door or the walls
My room was directly in front of the lifts, so when the Ping went off I though the doorbell was ringing, thin walls meant the TV in the next room got annoying, and the emergency services seemed to be using the road outside to practice drills or something.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Nigelandsusan
Alain R, General Manager at Warwick Geneva, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Dear Nigelandsusan,
I thank you for your review which helps us to improve the quality of our product and service. I am pleased to read that you have enjoyed our breakfast, the fast services provided by our dedicated front office team and the great location of our hotel : convenient in front of the train station.
The time of your stay, as informed in elevators and rooms, we had our annual technical intervention in our water pipes and when opening the taps some room might have had brown water coming. I am sorry that you encountered this situation and I apologize for it.
For your next visit, I advise you to contact our reservation department which will be pleased to provide you a room corresponding with your preferences.
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2014

Our room had a massive, comfortable bed, desk, table and safe. There were tea and coffee making facilities in the room which faced the road and there was a fair bit of traffic noise. The bathroom had a shower over the bath and a good sized basin. I found the room and bed were way too hot for a good night's sleep. Breakfast was fantastic. There was a huge choice. Coffee and tea were made to order and the staff were attentive.

Room Tip: Try one that does not face a road.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear Les6447,
Thank you very much for sharing your happy memories on your recent stay with us.
Knowing that you enjoyed the comfort of the room, that you found our breakfast “fantastic” and the associates “attentive”, I look forward, as well as the team, to your return visit.
Warm regards,