“Nice hotel just by the train station”
Review of Warwick Geneva

Warwick Geneva
Ranked #31 of 105 Hotels in Geneva
Stockholm, Sweden
“Nice hotel just by the train station”
Reviewed February 27, 2012

Me and my husband stayed here for just one night travelling to the Alps. We had lots of luggage since we were going skiing and the PR-manager immediately helped us with storing the skiis in the basement so we didnt have to have them in the room. We got a corner room facing the train station on the third floor, it was large and nicely furnished with large windows. Breakfast was expensive so we ate out, there are lots of cafés very close by. The bathroom was nice with good water pressure in the shower. There was a TV and a minibar and Wi-fi is free, ask for instructions when checking in. The only downside was that it was very hot in our room and we couldnt manage to get the AC working properly, we called the front desk and a man came up but he couldnt fix it so he told us he were sending someone else, but this person never came. The whole floor was very hot so maybe it was something with the central heating. We had to have the windows open although it was February and the noise from the street was loud.

Room Tip: Try to get a room higher up to avoid the street noise.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sannis82
Rollin M, General Manager at Warwick Geneva, responded to this review, March 7, 2012
Dear Sannis82,
I thank you for your interest in the Hotel Warwick Geneva. I am pleased to read that overall you enjoyed your stay with us and that you appreciate our Executive room. Regarding your skis, this is a free service that we do for our guests in order for them to enjoy the room entirely without big bags in the middle of their room. Concerning the heating, we were all surprised by the low temperature these last few weeks, so we increased the hotel’s heating. But I will review your comment to the technical department manager in order to verify the general heating for future guests’ comfort.
For the breakfast, we have a special offer CHF 26.- for a buffet breakfast if you reserve at the check-in ; or an Express Continental breakfast served at the bar for CHF 12.50.-
We look forward to your return at the Hotel Warwick Geneva for your next trip to Geneva. Meanwhile, we remain at your service.
Michel Rollin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed February 7, 2012

Rooms were clean and well appointed but shower didn't work properly.

Service was rather poor, slow and begrudging.

Breakfast was not good. The food was bad and service was nonexistent.

• Stayed February 2012
Warwick G, General Manager at Warwick Geneva, responded to this review, February 20, 2012
Dear Jack_Shaw,
I thank you for sharing your comments online toward your visit in our hotel. This is only through guest feedback that we can improve our quality of service and assure our guests a more comfortable stay.
I will review your comment to the pertinent department and I will address all your items of concern. Be insured that this is certainly not the type of services on which we base our reputation and I apologize for any inconvenience or frustration the shower or the slow service in the morning may have caused you.
We look forward to your return so that we may begin to strengthen our commitment to you. Meanwhile, we remain at your service.
Yours sincerely,
Johannesburg
Reviewed February 5, 2012

I thought location is superb. The French restaurant was ordinary. Rooms were decent, bathrooms clean. Overall good stay especially in Geneva hospitality terms!

• Stayed January 2012
Dear SAA_sucks,
I thank you to share your comments with the other travelers. I am thrilled to read your positive remarks towards the Hotel Warwick Geneva mainly regarding the services given by our team. I will review your commentary with them.
We note that you have mentioned the unfamiliar size of our 01 rooms’ doorway.Proud to preserve and improve through regular renovations this historical building for almost 30 years now, we have willfully decided to keep this particularity as wink to our heritage. From the very beginning of last century, those rooms used to be reserved for coachman travelling along with our guests.
However once the door crossed, you enjoy the exact same quality of services as in any of our Single Classical Rooms.
We would be pleased to welcome you back to the Hotel; meanwhile we remain at your service.
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 30, 2012

This is a lovely hotel in the Cornavin Station area of Geneva. It's not the best location in Geneva but the hotel is right opposite the central railway station and thus very convenient. There are plenty of places to eat nearby and lots of shops.The room service menu was quite expensive, as were drinks in the classy bar downstairs (a vodka and orange was 18 Swiss Francs). Friendly Reception Staff and Doorman. My room was a single and it did indeed have a single bed only so as a six foot man I felt a bit squashed. The room itself was also quite small, with barely enough room to open my suitcase a move around the room. The buffet breakfast was amazing - lots of choice. I would stay again but I would look into upgrading to a double room just for a bit more space. Bathroom had excellent water pressure and consistent temperature.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Dear scottsabode,
I take this opportunity to thank you for your recent stay at the Hotel Warwick Geneva. I was delighted that you enjoyed the service you received from our reception team and our doormen. I will share your thanks with them.
About the room size, you have reserved a single room (15 sqm) which is our first catergory, ideal for those who want to enjoy a 4 stars service at a reasonable price. For your next stay and for your comfort, do not hesitate to book a Classic Twin/Double room which is 20sqm or an Executive room (27 sqm).Please visit our website to have a better idea of our different room’s category.
Also, I thank you for your kind comment about our buffet breakfast. I am pleased that you have appreciated our buffet breakfast which offers a variety of cold and hot products (such as fruits, crepes, various pastries, sausages…).
I hope we will have the opportunity to greet you again in a near future.
Kindest regards,
Kent
Reviewed January 29, 2012

This hotel is less than 100 metres from the main rail station, and the rail station is a free one-stop, less-than-20-minute ride from the airport.
It has good accommodation and its restaurant is also good.
Its location is about as central as you could get with excellent public transport to the UN and other out-lying quarters,while most of the centre of this old city is close enough to walk to.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Dear giarcsugref,
Many thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback. I was pleased to read that you have enjoyed the hotel location, our comfortable rooms and the delicate cuisine of our Teseo restaurant.
We look forward to your next visit! And maybe that will give you the opportunity to experience the cosy ambiance of our Teseo bar with your favorite cocktail!
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 29, 2012

Service was good and friendly, location is good. My room was spacious but oldish and hence the stay was not great.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Dear Client Service Expert,
I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with the other travelers. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed the services that you received from all the Warwick Geneva team. For your information the rooms were renovated in 2009, and most of the corridors have been done in 2011. For the coming year, we are planning to make other renovations.
We would be pleased to welcome you back in the New Year, could it be for work purposes or leisure!
Best regards,
London, UK
Reviewed January 20, 2012

I stayed here for one night on business and found the hotel to have everything I needed. The room, although a single, was a decent size, clean and well eqipped. The room service menu, although not extensive, had a good variety of dishes and, after ordering, my meal arrived within 25 minutes.

Reception staff were attentive and helpful, as were the concierge staff.

The only two minor negatives were that the telephone on the desk in the room did not work (although the one by the bed did), and it was not fixed, despite me reporting it, and wireless internet is not free, although you can get online for free if you plug in, but you have to request a cable from reception, which can be a bit of a faff.

But all in all I liked my stay and would definiteloy stay again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Warwick I, General Manager at Warwick Geneva, responded to this review, February 7, 2012
Dear Guest,
We are pleased to read your comments and knowing that you are planning to stay again at the Hotel Warwick Geneva in the near future. Your positive remarks will be directed to the associates. I will also review your remark about the desk phone to the technical department.
Regarding the Wifi access, please make good note : it is FREE of charge. You just need the Internet instruction available at the Front Desk, and your mobile to receive the Internet code by sms. But anything is charged neither by the Hotel nor by your operator. Although an Internet cable, free of charge, is available at the Front Desk if guest do not want to use the wifi access.
We look forward to your return, meanwhile we remain at your service for any further information.
Yours sincerely,