“Great design, good service and convenient location”
Review of Hotel N'vY

Hotel N'vY
Ranked #14 of 109 Hotels in Geneva
Reviewed October 7, 2013

The NvY Hotel is located in a quiet neighborhood and on approach you may question the hotel. Nevertheless if you are in Geneva for business or touring but do not wish to pay for lake view then this hotel is ideal

The hotel has a nice interior design and the rooms are spacious, clean and comfortable. The bed was very comfortable and the room very quiet and private. Well stocked room with everything you would expect including minibar, TV with all international channels and all necessary bathroom toiletries.

Breakfast was good and value for money in Geneva and included pancakes, eggs, cheese, cold meats, yogurts and pastries. Much better then many other hotels.

Good value for money and well recommended

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
dblanc, C.Lamarche Deputy Manager at Hotel N'vY, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

Thank you for your good comment! We are glad you enjoyed the hotel, the service and its location. We are looking forward to welcome you for a next trip to Geneva and with our best regards.
C.Lamarche

Reviewed October 5, 2013

I was a long time customer of the old Epsom but had to use other hotels during my past 3 trips to Geneva while the Epsom was undergoing its renovations. On reviewing the N'vy on the internet, I admit I was leery about returning to it now that it had been transformed into a boutique hotel. I was pleasantly surprised. Arrived at 10:30 am on a Thursday - to a ready room which was a real treat after travelling all night from North America. Room is spacious with windows that open! I was on the inside overlooking the courtyard\restaurant area so absolute quiet. Lots of closet space - much more than before the renovations and a very comfortable sitting area -again, much better than in the old days. The walk in shower with rain shower head was lovely although the bathroom designer underestimated the amount of water splash. Additional towel bars to hang up the wet rugs would be useful. I did not like the black walls\floor and toilet in the WC area - really dark and frankly, ugly. This was made up for by the good sized desk, comfortable chair and seating\eating area. Breakfast could be better; the bacon, eggs are all undercooked (watery and cold) but there is a full selection of breads, cheeses, yogurt, fruit and meats. The hotel's bar is trying hard to be a club where one is not needed\wanted or where it just won't work (Geneva is not a rocking city) so a little too bad that the type of folks who do stay in this area\hotel can't feel comfortable having a drink in the bar after work. It was always empty - I went once with a colleague but we felt out of place (even though no one else was there on a Saturday night) but did not go back in the 8 nights there. Location of this hotel is super - 2 blocks from the lake and one block from the tramway - 3 stops from train station and near plenty of restaurants and grocery stores. The hotel service was excellent. In spite of a few drawbacks like lack of a comfortable bar and black toilet, I will continue to use this hotel for my business trips to Geneva.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

We thank you for your nice comment. It is very interesting to have such feedbacks, especially because you used to come to the Epsom. About the bar may I suggest that next time, you try the bar at our sister hotel, the Royal (rue de Lausanne 43). Its style is more classical and you may enjoy to sit "near the warmth of the fireplace, surrounded by original photos of glamorous Hollywood stars"...
Thank you for your loyalty and with our best regards
C. Lamarche

Reviewed October 4, 2013

This hotel has made every effort to appeal to the eye, with smashed-LPs turned into a larger-than-life Doors album sculpture on one wall, and Ray Charles in two triangular dimensions on another (painting on two sides of triangular surface to create two images).

But the staff attitude and ability to pull it all off is inconsistent.

We were greeted by a long (20 minute) wait on entry at circa 6pm, and three clerks to handle a small number of people who nevertheless seemed to be a substantial problem to check in. I have no idea what the issues were, but it was beyond slow. When finally paid attention to, I suggested that they needed more staff, to be fair to staff and customer alike. Response -- you all showed up at once, your problem. Borderline rude -- at best.

Elevator is papered-over with a dark-wood shelving tape to cover up its older-fashioned predecessor. This is peeling off in multiple spots.

Breakfast is American (bacon, eggs, sausages, fruits), and ample, but the bacon is consistently undercooked to the point of being closer to bacon soup than a breakfast meat. The scrambled eggs are also, separately, runny. A liquid lunch is one thing -- this was liquids in the wrong places.

Then there was the noise. Whatever was happening in the hallways at various times was noticeable within the room, at multiple times of day. Some further soundproofing in order.

Then there are the prices - of everything. I avoided it all, beyond my budget. I had tried to tell the mini-bar refiller that all was unchanged since my arrival, but that had no effect as she added a chocolate bar and a couple of drinks which I was then charged for. I explained the situation and the charges were courteously removed, but I had to be attentive to catch it, in light of first effort being to no avail.

N'v'y. Maybe a great place to disco. I do not, myself, disco.

Room Tip: Try and get high and away from ground floor street noise and bar noise,
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 2, 2013

After 2 days at the Intercontinental, my wife and I stayed 1 night at the Hotel N'vy. It was a very chic hotel and very stylish. It was better located than the Intercontinental Geneva and have us an opportunity to visit the Downtown shopping area. The room was very chic and modern and the only downside was that they gave us 2 pillows in total. The bathroom had a rain shower which was a delight We had dinner and breakfast at the hotel and both meals were nice and the breakfast had a reasonably wide range of foods. i would definitely recommend this hotel to travelers through Geneva is terribly overpriced as a destination.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jokels
dblanc, C.Lamarche Deputy Manager at Hotel N'vY, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2013

Thank you very much for your comment and for your recommandation on Tripadvisor. We usualy have additional pillows in the wardrobe and if not, you could certainly call reception. We are glad you had a good experience and that you could also have meals at the hotel. Looking forward to welcome you back.
C.Lamarche

Reviewed September 29, 2013

20 min from the airport
Check in was very polite , my room was not ready at 17:30
Got some vouchers offered with a 15% discount for dinner
The room was spacious, lovely decoration, comfortable bed, lots of tv programs on offer, no demand. The bathroom was very small but functional .
Had room service , quick delivery, good food and lovely service.
The fusion restaurant had a lovely asparagus soup and a over mustarded cheeseburger! Not tasty at all. No one cared that it wasn't tasty. One can't write down that all the bread and meat is soaked in mustard. One should probably try the beef restaurant.
The walls in the room are very thin. We were woken up at 9 am by the cleaners who were s,acing their hover against our door. Slamming the doors next to us.. Not a nice wake up!
Check out was again very lovely competent and efficient.

Room Tip: We had a junior suite , balcony with no special view
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
dblanc, C.Lamarche Deputy Manager at Hotel N'vY, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. It is very important to us to get such comments, this is the way we can continue to improve our services. We hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you back and that you will try the Trilby Restaurant too.
C. Lamarche

Reviewed September 27, 2013

This hotel is perfectly situated for my trip since it is just a few blocks from the OHCHR in Palais Wilson and also close to the railwaystation.

The rooms are defintely nicely appointed and it is a design hotel. A very nice bed, and plenty of space. I found the bathroom a bit odd with a black toilet, but the shower was really nice. The soundproofing is definetely an issue though. I had a couple of families staying in my corridor and the door stopped barely nothing of the noises that they constantly made.

The thing that faults this hotel is the service. I did feel that the staff tried their best but I can't describe the service as anything but a bit strange. While checking in the lady in the reception answered the phone repeatedly and also assisted other guests resulting in the check-in taking almost 10 minutes despite no que. Also at check out and during my stay the staff felt disorganised and a bit clueless.

All in all it is a nice hotel with good rooms and a good location. But they do need to sort out the sound isolation and polish their staff.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the elevators since the soundproofing is poor.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank erhel

We thank you for your comment. Such feedbacks will help us to continue to improve our services. We are loooking forward to welcome you back for a next trip to Geneva.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

we spend two nights here in Geneva. This hotel is close to the "red light district" but extremely safe, after all it is Geneva not Philadelphia!! It's extremely close to the lake and shopping, all walking distance. The rooms are HUGE!! well appointed hotel, discounts offered at the bar, etc. I really enjoyed staying here. The staff is also very helpful.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
dblanc, C. Lamarche Deputy Manager at Hotel N'vY, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

What a nice comment! Thank you ! And thank you for sharing it with the Tripadvisor community. We are glad you enjoyed the bar too and we will pass your comment to our staff. Looking forward to welcome you back and with our warm regards.
C. Lamarche Deputy Manager