“Really basic and very uncomfortable”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Geneva
La Residence Moleson
Ranked #9 of 10 Specialty Lodging in Geneva
USA
“Really basic and very uncomfortable”
Reviewed July 30, 2011

I stayed at ‘La Residence Moleson’ (long-term residence) for 4 months (I would have left on the first day if I had a choice, but that wasn’t the case).

Except for the decent location, I have nothing good to say about my stay here:

1. The room was super tiny (and very depressing & smelled strong and strange).

2. The petite kitchenette includes very basic things (no toaster oven, no microwave, and not even a garbage can), so prepare yourself to take out a lot of money on eating-out in expensive Geneva.

3. The staff at the front desk is rude. They are not just impolite and impatient, but also when there are problems (and there are), they are very unhelpful and get upset with you for notifying them about the problem.

4. Additional costs: I called before arriving to make sure there is wifi available for the guests, and they simply stated that they do have it. Upon My arrival there was an extra cost of 60 CHF per month for the wifi. Additionally, there was a demand for another 60 CHF per month as “A yearly tax” . Another way over-charged fee, was 100 CHF for the “Cleaning Fee” (basically – washing the bed sheets, since I cleaned every spot myself and passed their inspection).

5. The Internet stopped working randomly for a couple of days each time. The staff was very rude, complaining they don’t know how long it will take to fix it and could not give me any helpful information (except recommending paying once more for the internet in an internet-cafe).

6. The Staff has no respect for privacy. 2 weeks before I left they came to show the room to a new potential guest, without any prior notice. They basically just came with their keys and opened the door while I was in the room.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
15 Thank Spencer101Usa

Travelers are raving about these Geneva hotels

Families